Results you never really get over.

Bighouse

1 hour ago, Jamesy1872 said:

Last season cup final. Never get over that. 114 years and it had to be us 

That's Rangers for you! The team of dreams - we break all sorts of unwanted records:

the cup final, the tarriers at home, the sheep at home, Dundee at Dens park and Progres in Europe. 

Its actually sickening

:depressed:  

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The first 5-1 game was a real blow for me, first time I'd been at the pigerry in years and was so confident, honestly couldn't believe when it happened, then it happened again and it just crushed me, I haven't felt confident about a single game since then and it will take a lot to make me confident again

Manchester too, was standing in the stadium crying my eyes out after the game, looking back hurts, we should have just fucking went for it, playing defensive in the run up was a good tactic but Rangers should have never played that way in a final let alone a European final

Berwick and Luxembourg, they are on a par.  Sadly that defeat in January 1967 led to panic-mode and a hunt for scapegoats.  One of those blamed and binned was Jim Forrest, a decision which, even as a kid at the time I knew probably, cost us the ECWC final in May of the same year.  

Panic mode can have repercussions.

Manchester has been one of the only times I've burst into tears when the whistle went. 

Funnily enough I wasn't even a teenager at the time and I also cried when Darcheville missed from 0.5 of a yard out against Lyon n they went up the park and buried us out the CL, we wouldn't have got to Manchester if he scored. 

The first 5-1 will stay with me forever. I was supremely confident of turning them over. The second one was a laughing stock and I genuinely wasn't surprised looking back.

Just now, Prso's headband said:

Manchester has been one of the only times I've burst into tears when the whistle went. 

Funnily enough I wasn't even a teenager at the time and I also cried when Darcheville missed from 0.5 of a yard out against Lyon n they went up the park and buried us out the CL, we wouldn't have got to Manchester if he scored. 

The first 5-1 will stay with me forever. I was supremely confident of turning them over. The second one was a laughing stock and I genuinely wasn't surprised looking back.

Lol, you literally posted that 1 second before me :lol:

Ones that forever bug are '94 cup final, should have completed the treble .Manchester cause before the game I really thought it was going to be. Marsaille away when a win put us in the final. I know they were a good team and we did well over there but being so close hurt even tho it still wasn't all over after that game.  Few others but depressed enough.

1 hour ago, With Heart and Hand said:

The first 5-1 game was a real blow for me, first time I'd been at the pigerry in years and was so confident, honestly couldn't believe when it happened, then it happened again and it just crushed me, I haven't felt confident about a single game since then and it will take a lot to make me confident again

Manchester too, was standing in the stadium crying my eyes out after the game, looking back hurts, we should have just fucking went for it, playing defensive in the run up was a good tactic but Rangers should have never played that way in a final let alone a European final

Walter always maintained zenit would have punished us to much if wee opened up in the final but it's still definitely a what if as far as us the supporters are concerned 

Standing at Ibrox watching us go 3-0 down to Motherwell.  Those fuckers were singing 'twist and shout' and the realised we'd be playing another season of Championship football.  That was a hard one to take.

Feyenoord away lost 3-2 cunt van hooidonk two free kicks....

cup final last year was brutal

alloa challenge cup semi defeat 2-0 up lost 2-3...

Raith rovers challenge cup final Easter road was awful as well...

zizkov at Ibrox late away goal....

Monaco at Ibrox 2-2 late goal sickener !....

In August, 1994, I made my first trip back to Scotland for many years and had planned it so I could see three consecutive Rangers games at Ibrox (How often does that come around?)  Managed to snag a ticket for the Old Firm game but we lost 2-0 on the Saturday; we lost 2-0 against AEK Athens in midweek and then lost in the League Cup to Falkirk ....... don't remember the score for that one.  So, to recap:  travelled 12, 000 miles round trip, spent a fortune in getting there and we lost all three games.  But I did enjoy seeing family, friends and the old sights.    

a bit of a different one from me, league wrapped up for the tarriers, they came to ibrox in the split, the wee gypo moravcik scored twice and larsson scored his 50th of the season as they fucked us 3-0, we had a star studded team and they fucking spanked us in our own back yard, sickening day

3 hours ago, barrymorrison1 said:

That game at the tattie bowl haunts me. Scott Mcdonald out jumped Whittaker at the back post..should be a mismatch. Just shows Mcdonald wanted it more.

draw that, and we would have won the treble that year, as we would have won the league.

That was the year phil o donnell died and the old firm game had to be postponed due to McGeady being banned iirc. And the infimous end of season tour of Japan.... sporting integrity everywhere!!!