Results you never really get over.

Bighouse

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, davger said:

AEK Athens was another in 94

lauders and Boli in the team. I'm sure boli was playing on the wing at one point during that game. Remember seen bears fighting each other walking out people were that pissed off. Now famous for the chic young Walter video of course .Ā 

AEK /Celtic/Falkirk all in one week, ASK Europe,,Falkirk cup and the Tim's Ā (league?) I was gutted for ages after that fuck in week from he'll.Ā 

4-2 game at parkhead in 1979

A draw would have suited us. 4 mins to go it's 2-2 and they have 10men. McCloy punches the ball offĀ Colin Jackson's head and into the net. They won the league that night - awful feeling for days and weeks.

But youget over them all.Ā 

Being in my 73rd year I've had more than a few games that got put to the back of my mind after the initial anger and frustration....but you know what?....they haven't andĀ never will deterĀ me from supporting my beloved Rangers.....Last Tuesdays was a shocker and it's already been consigned to the bin....Bring on the new season and lets go for '55.

WATP.Ā 

1 minute ago, alectrician said:

Being in my 73rd year I've had more than a few games that got put to the back of my mind after the initial anger and frustration....but you know what?....they haven't andĀ never will deterĀ me from supporting my beloved Rangers.....Last Tuesdays was a shocker and it's already been consigned to the bin....Bring on the new season and lets go for '55.

WATP.Ā 

That's a bold statement to make.

16 minutes ago, pcbear said:

AEK /Celtic/Falkirk all in one week, ASK Europe,,Falkirk cup and the Tim's Ā (league?) I was gutted for ages after that fuck in week from he'll.Ā 

That's right mate all at ibrox too. Still won the league that year..........lol would bite your hand off for that now. Was a good season tho purely for being the first season of easily the best player in my life time the Great Dane.Ā 

45 minutes ago, Billy1984 said:

For it being such a good season there are afew from the Manchester season which still haunt me. The final itself, the midweek game at the piggery when they scored in the last minute to beat us 2-1 after novo eaqualised for us and the Aberdeen game we lost when the tarriers won the league were all devestating.Ā 

That game at the tattie bowl haunts me. Scott Mcdonald out jumped Whittaker at the back post..should be a mismatch. Just shows Mcdonald wanted it more.

draw that, and we would have won the treble that year, as we would have won the league.

Ā 

5v1 at ibrox was bad but it was kinda expected , this was a new era , new players ,board spent a bit of money , bears were optimistic and excited justĀ Ā to be dealt with they two performances , I hoped we got back in thru their lad being a protest so we only had to wait till next Thursday to try put it right , now it's 4 weeks of this feeling to waitĀ 

7 minutes ago, alectrician said:

WATP.Ā 

Well said mate, you get to a stage where you have seen it all, and can put it all into perspective. That's why it's so important to enjoy the good times. They will come back, history tells us that.

2 minutes ago, barrymorrison1 said:

That game at the tattie bowl haunts me. Scott Mcdonald out jumped Whittaker at the back post..should be a mismatch. Just shows Mcdonald wanted it more.

draw that, and we would have won the treble that year, as we would have won the league.

Ā 

It was horrible, the joy when novo scored for us was one of the best I've felt at a rangers game and the low when the Dutchman with 3 surnames scored for them at the end was a low I've never forgotten.Ā 

Thing is we will get over it all. Who'd have thought 20 years ago just having won 9 in a row and spending pretty big on playersĀ Ā that summer with them bringing in a pretty much unknown manager we'd be in this position. Things can change fast in football and when we do starting winning the big prizes they'll be even sweeter for what we've been through.Ā 

Watching Johnston score a hat trick for Hearts at Ibrox,Ā 1989 Cup Final and losing to Hamilton in the Scottish Cup. Losing to a part time team from Luxembourg isĀ embarrassing but losing to Celtic in any game hurts.

The semi final last year was worst than any other for me last season. Worst than both 5-1 defeats.Ā 

They didn't even get out of 2nd gear that day and we never lay a glove on them. Was fucking embarrassing.Ā 

The Hibs final and the first 5-1 last season. That oddly got to me more than the one in April, I had hopes for the side we build etc and it it was a total reality check and a warningĀ for what was to come along.