waghorn off to ipswich

robg58

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, OhW said:

We're playing with two strikers now, haven't you noticed? Last season we only played with one. We need another striker.

We're not playing with two strikers, yesterday we had one striker, Hererra ,  Kenny Miller was doing his usual "Jack of all" over the place "trying" to link the play but never being close enough to Hererra to actually  give him the support he needs.

2 hours ago, ianferguson said:

We're not playing with two strikers, yesterday we had one striker, Hererra ,  Kenny Miller was doing his usual "Jack of all" over the place "trying" to link the play but never being close enough to Hererra to actually  give him the support he needs.

That's why we need Morelos and Herrera on the pitch at the same time let Miller get a break for a while.

3 minutes ago, Smile said:

That's why we need Morelos and Herrera on the pitch at the same time let Miller get a break for a while.

Wednesday is the perfect time for doing just that. Hopefully Pedro changes things up ever so slightly.

12 minutes ago, Smile said:

I watched that match again, albeit the first and second half were hours apart, but Morelos did enough to prove he could start, and that he would quite probably get some chances. It's perhaps debatable, but at times it looked as if he would be more effective than Miller. We will never know until we give him a chance, and he should hopefully get his chance in the next match.

I don't have anything personally against Waghorn so we should all part with him on good terms. The simple fact is he wasn't good enough for us and if we wanted progression from last year then we wouldn't achieve it with him up top. 

I wish him all the best. Did a job in the championship and even when he was found wanting last season he never hid.

Ultimately he isn't the quality we need but I hope he has a good time with Ipswich and does well.

All the best Waggy. 

Guest Lloyd72
3 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

No really a shock though mate.

Was a shock for me tbh, I thought he'd be one of the cunts we'd be stuck with this season even just as a backup, the price was a major shock :winnings:

3 hours ago, THE_Ibrox_Preacher said:

Depends on how you look at it, what did we pay for him? Has he improved? A lot of his goals were in our Championship and/or penalties. Last year of contract. Basically out the team going forward. Not really got a record to shout about down South and they don't like paying for players up here unless you're clearly a cut above everything. Could go League 1/2 and pick someone up there with a decent record for a few hundred K, Matty Taylor had a good record in League 2, started well in league 1 for the first half of the season and joined Championship in January for £300k I believe. 

I think 250k is low too but I did say 'closer to' rather than "is", as a guesstimate £500K wouldn't be too bad for them (considering they were looking for a striker and have got one which should have a year worth of understanding with Garner under his belt) and us as we're getting rid of a player on a year to go with no future that we picked up for a couple of hundred K. Try and bear in mind also fee's for more prolific strikers of this league to teams down south e.g.Hemmings. Until someone in the know makes his/herself known with the facts who the fuck knows?! They could have been desperate, we could have been also, we may have got wide and they bit, they could have been the only cunts genuinely interested etc. etc.

Pity your Mrs.