Pedro: Time to go?

Virtuoso

Pedro: Time to go?  

495 members have voted

1. 1. Pedro...

• Time to resign / be sacked?
    • Given more time?
    • It's down to the referring (and continue to make excuses for him and his signings)?

6 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Aye let’s sack this one and get another in then sack him and get another one in and sack him and get another one in. 

The onwership of our club is the problem when the support wake up to this fact we might move forward. 

Yes but you should only stick to a manager if you believe you’ve made the right choice and believe he can be successful. I personally can’t see the manager winning the league so I think the board should admit their mistake, sack him and take the time to get the right man this time. Yes, they are at fault for hiring him in the first place (and I think the personal responsible for hiring him should probably go too now) but I think the board have a done a good job in backing the manager to have a squad that should finish comfortably second. We only play them four times a season and in a one-off game anything can happen but we should be looking to win 85-90% of our games against the rest. The transfer window there should’ve  been our last one to majorly overhaul the squad as the plan should be to keep adding 2-3 quality players each window to build a title-winning squad. 

Wer’e average at best at the moment , the way i see it despite the financial disparity between us and them , if the board want to try and stop celtic then a change of Manager is required asap. If the board are already settling for 2nd, 3rd 4th then we carry on with Pedro.

who would come in and turn these bargain basement buys into superstars i don’t know , that would have to happen as i don’t see any investment in the squad happening anytime soon.

5 minutes ago, Gandhi1872 said:

Yes but you should only stick to a manager if you believe you’ve made the right choice and believe he can be successful. I personally can’t see the manager winning the league so I think the board should admit their mistake, sack him and take the time to get the right man this time. Yes, they are at fault for hiring him in the first place (and I think the personal responsible for hiring him should probably go too now) but I think the board have a done a good job in backing the manager to have a squad that should finish comfortably second. We only play them four times a season and in a one-off game anything can happen but we should be looking to win 85-90% of our games against the rest. The transfer window there should’ve  been our last one to majorly overhaul the squad as the plan should be to keep adding 2-3 quality players each window to build a title-winning squad. 

NO manager can win this league with us until the investment is adequate enough to bring in quality to match the scum, so it aint happening.

6 minutes ago, Lothianbear said:

Wer’e average at best at the moment , the way i see it despite the financial disparity between us and them , if the board want to try and stop celtic then a change of Manager is required asap. If the board are already settling for 2nd, 3rd 4th then we carry on with Pedro.

who would come in and turn these bargain basement buys into superstars i don’t know , that would have to happen as i don’t see any investment in the squad happening anytime soon.

The level of investment reflects they are looking at 2nd at best.

All I will say is if sir Walter Smith had the money Pedro has spent we would of got more points this season than we currently have,in my mind there is no doubt about that.

so therefore the buck stops with Pedro who unfortunately just isn't good enough for our club,I wish he was but he isn't.

55 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

No one could redeem themselves against the scum with such a gap in quality.  We are not at the taces and never will be under any manager whilst this board remain in power.

What I meant though was like a last chance, a one-off game, give us something to cling onto, some hope - but there was nothing. IMO he had to win this to claw back the goodwill ... or so I thought ... there's a 50-50 split on here with some fans content he's the man. Alarmingly. 

43 minutes ago, saltire266 said:

What about the boy Atakayi? Surely better than Windass and plenty of pace.The boy Houston at RB gets good reviews also?

Houston no but Atakayi under normal circumstances not ready, but we never know what Windass will show up so I don't see the harm in plunging him in more out of can he do any worse than an off-form Windass. 

22 minutes ago, Gandhi1872 said:

McCrorie, A Wilson and Barjonas all look good prospects from what I’ve seen and why should try and get them in the team when the chance arises. A Wilson and Barjonas should be playing before the likes of Danny Wilson and Jason Holt and it’s only through playing that they will improve and cement themselves in the first team. Arguably this is the time when we should be pitching youngsters in as the league looks unlikely. I think Mulholland has done a good job implementing the games against foreign opponents too. I was very impressed with the calibre of teams they’ve managed to arrange fixtures against. 

I agree A.Wilson should be ahead of Danny Wilson but that's not because I think A.Wilson is great, more Danny is utter pish.

Barjonas never seen the fuss.

I agree with Mulholland implementing the foreign games. That's a good, good move. Said it at the time it's the best thing he's done for all my other criticisms of the youth set-up. 

Absolutely require a change in manager.

Most of his signings have been ok but crucially he has failed with Pena and Herrera and they were very important. More importantly his tactics have been 1 dimensional and he has made major mistakes in team selection which have cost important games. Windass substitution against Progres, playing with 2 in the middle against a pumped up Hibs and a poor Hearts. Has he actually managed to change the course of a game positively since he arrived ? We need better.

13 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

NO manager can win this league with us until the investment is adequate enough to bring in quality to match the scum, so it aint happening.

Because we’ve made poor decisions and wasted any money we have spent. Three straight summers we’ve had to overhaul the squad and buy double digit players. If we spend wisely we can be in a position to only buy 2-3 players of real quality in each window. 

45 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Aye let’s sack this one and get another in then sack him and get another one in and sack him and get another one in. 

The onwership of our club is the problem when the support wake up to this fact we might move forward. 

They picked a dud hoping to get quick success.  They failed.  But don't see any alternative owners with money.  Keep Pedro and we'll have the same season as last year,  and the same season next year and it will continue.  I've stopped worrying about this season,  I've moved on to worry about the next one

53 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

The level of investment reflects they are looking at 2nd at best.

Ye i agree, with them getting all the Champions league cash season after season we would need serious money to catch them and with little return who is going to provide that ?

7 minutes ago, jamess said:

They picked a dud hoping to get quick success.  They failed.  But don't see any alternative owners with money.  Keep Pedro and we'll have the same season as last year,  and the same season next year and it will continue.  I've stopped worrying about this season,  I've moved on to worry about the next one

They picked two duds, don't forget Warburton. We are now a diddy club, no better than the rest of the shite in the SPFL, the two results against Thistle in 90 minutes proves the fact. 

The alternative owners with money will need 30 to 50 million just to sort this mess out in their first season with a proven manager which at the moment is a pipe dream and if it doesn't happen I fear Rangers are finished as a force in Scottish football never mind Europe especially with them getting richer every season, its a nightmare scenario.

4 minutes ago, danger ranger said:

They picked two duds, don't forget Warburton. We are now a diddy club, no better than the rest of the shite in the SPFL, the two results against Thistle in 90 minutes proves the fact. 

The alternative owners with money will need 30 to 50 million just to sort this mess out in their first season with a proven manager which at the moment is a pipe dream and if it doesn't happen I fear Rangers are finished as a force in Scottish football never mind Europe especially with them getting richer every season, its a nightmare scenario.

An average manager would get us into a comfortable second spot with our resources.  We need to stop gambling and do it step by step.

I genuinely don't know what to think anymore, I feel as if we're a improving but we're still suffering really disappointing results. The one slight positive is that if he is to go later down the line then don't think we'll need another complete overhaul, we need an influx of quality for sure but at least we're making some development.

1 minute ago, danger ranger said:

It's not completely about cash. The good news is that the SPL cannot even compete with the English Division 1 now. It is about getting the right manager in place with the correct skills that can spend our budget properly and get our tactics spot on.

Just now, bassettger said:

It's not completely about cash. The good news is that the SPL cannot even compete with the English Division 1 now. It is about getting the right manager in place with the correct skills that can spend our budget properly and get our tactics spot on.

Oh yes it is, that's how Rangers got nine in a row, the best go to the best teams with the best pay, those bastards have the money to scupper any future signings not to mention the English premier and the championship, but carry on with your pipe dream.

If Morelos keeps scoring he will be away, maybe as soon as January, then who will score the goals, bring back MOH!!!.

16 minutes ago, danger ranger said:

Pretty accurate summation, but let's hope our situation changes sooner than later.