Rangers Picture Thread

1 hour ago, pcbear said:

I think at the time that was the longest single span structural beam in the world (or I might have dreamt that)

Yep I’m sure that was the story at the time.  

Liked it when it went up & still like it now, they got that design bang on for me.   

In desperate need of a clean, hopefully in the Anniversary plans.  

On 15/05/2020 at 18:43, thedarvelmarvel said:

my grandfather told me about this final ,told me it was his first winning he saw and he was in his 40,s he was too young in the early days then he waited 25 year to see it ,in the first w,w, he said appart from his family all he wanted to see his team lift the cup and he did ,first took me to see east fife final  it was my first and i dont forget it.

My grandfather told me in the twenties with no mobile phones or television , bears who didn't attend the games would often go to their local train station to find out the score from returning fans. Which led to the famous verse, "Doon the line the train came puffing , Rangers four celtic nothing"

1 hour ago, Colin Traive said:

I doubt the celtic defender KNEW at the time this was taken but he certainly did later on.

what i mind of stein playing he was just a big stopper no frills out the park or long ball up the park to no one

On 21/05/2020 at 08:01, BobbyS said:

The white wall at the front of the terracing would suggest Ibrox to me rather than Parkhead.  

i dont mind parkhead having as high terracing there was not the same slope..