Pedro Caixinha Sacked

Leeds_Bear

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, ClydebankBearWATP said:

We're all speculating who could come in but I imagine the director of football will have his own ideas very different to the boards and I think he will get a big say 

Yeah, fingers crossed. That's the one senior appointment we've made since the last time we picked a new manager and, as far as I'm aware, it's part of a DoF's job to bridge the commercial and football aspects. We need better judgement this time and it'll have to come from him. 

The board meet several times a year and King normally flies in for that. In that respect I doubt this is any different. The performance of the 1st team and Pedro will surely be on the agenda though. I think this has certainly taken on added urgency and the board undoubtedly have a big call to make - if they are sensible there must be acknowledgement at board level if not spoken publicly that this has been a poor appointment. 

I for one am not keen to go down the caretaker route yet again...I would rather a proper appointment was made. The problem they made with Pedro is that he was a budget appointment and they are getting a budget performance as a result. There is no point making change for change sake, a similar low budget appointment or backward looking appointment wont take us forward. We need to make a statement appointment that shows "we are back". I don't doubt the guys passion, but Pedro was always underwhelming compared to those that have gone before. Much as Warburton ultimately underperformed, he was a highly rated appointment. Pedro was a massive risk and we cannot afford that sort of situation again. That is going to mean a proper financial offer for a proper manager, which i'm just not sure we are in a position to do. 

Just now, Jamie29 said:

Thanks for the memories Pedro!

Whit?

We remember a record defeat to the scum

We remember a worst ever European loss

We remember losing at home to the sheep for the first time in a lot of our supports lifetime

We remember our first ever ( I think) loss to motherwell in a semi final

We remember way way too fucking much

And all in a whole seven months

Thanks for the memories my arse

17 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Miller has always reacted angrily when being subbed off for us. Where have you been all these years?

Watching my team full of imposters like this prick who jumped ship to chase the dough in turkey or went and played with celtic or couldn’t cut it in the championship. I’m sorry to say I don’t hold any warm feelings to Kenny miller as he ain’t a Rangers man he’s a Kenny miller man who has no interest in Rangers, fuck me he was ready to jump to his mate Lenny at hibs as things weren’t suiting him. I wish he would fuck off 

The board meet several times a year and King normally flies in for that. In that respect I doubt this is any different. The performance of the 1st team and Pedro will surely be on the agenda though. I think this has certainly taken on added urgency and the board undoubtedly have a big call to make - if they are sensible there must be acknowledgement at board level if not spoken publicly that this has been a poor appointment. 

I for one am not keen to go down the caretaker route yet again...I would rather a proper appointment was made. The problem they made with Pedro is that he was a budget appointment and they are getting a budget performance as a result. There is no point making change for change sake, a similar low budget appointment or backward looking appointment wont take us forward. We need to make a statement appointment that shows "we are back". I don't doubt the guys passion, but Pedro was always underwhelming compared to those that have gone before. Much as Warburton ultimately underperformed, he was a highly rated appointment. Pedro was a massive risk and we cannot afford that sort of situation again. That is going to mean a proper financial offer for a proper manager, which i'm just not sure we are in a position to do. 

3 minutes ago, DrLaudrup said:

Budget Appointment? Compared to who? How much did it cost to free him from his contact in Qatar? What kind of salary is he on? I highly doubt pedro has been cheap

2 minutes ago, folkestoneger said:

Whit?

We remember losing at home to the sheep for the first time in a lot of our supports lifetime

These broken records are exactly what has been wrong. Time to get rid before we break any more. 

6 minutes ago, folkestoneger said:

Whit?

I think he was being sarcastic mate

1 minute ago, chris182 said:

This, people seem to assume he'll jump at the chance. He'll leave the sheep soon no doubt but it'll be for England for another crack down there most likely. 

The consensus (from people who associate with him) is that King is the problem with McInnes accepting the job. Take from that what you will....

Archived