Pedro Caixinha Sacked

Leeds_Bear

Just now, Skyson1872 said:

Think you misread me, I said if Pedro was NOT being sacked he would have stated it there and then, we wouldn't release a statement to say that. However if he was being sacked of course it will be a statement.

Sorry yeah I did. You're right. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whether or not its a scheduled Board meeting then you'd presume that one of the agenda points at any Board meeting would be progress to date of the first team results and measurement of whether the results and performances are on track for this point in the season, and likely to remain on track for the rest of the season.   Point being, there should be plenty of opportunity for hard-headed assessment of the state of the first team results and the performance of the manager.

There must have been Board discussion at the start of the season about the strategy they'd adopt if the results and performance of the manager were not as the Board would have expected.    In other words they must have considered the risk that things would go badly during the season with indications that this could be another disaster of a season.   After all, they presided over what happened last season under Warburton and they must surely have decided not to let that happen again.   So if it is happening again they must have had a pre-determined line they will take to deal with Supporter unrest and to deal with hostile media reporting of the failings on the pitch and of the managerial eccentricities.   They cannot, simply cannot, be stumbling into a Board meeting not having given prior thought to what they'd have to do mid-season if disaster was unfolding before them.

They only have 2 choices.  Stick with him and ride out this current storm, and hope he can turn things round.   An act of supreme faith or supreme folly - take your pick.  Or they sack him having made financial contingency for this, and for having to fund a significantly better replacement.   Which is it to be?   Stick with him because there was always a risk things could go off the rails and its a risk they are prepared to continue to live with?  Or sack him and appoint a much better replacement?    

If they leave Pedro in post as the manager after the meeting then it screams out loud that the sort of stuff we are seeing is to be the new football norm at Ibrox for a while to come and that we'd best get used to it.  And that Pedro is to be given at least this season to start to bring about the promised vast improvement from last season.   It'd also mean they are prepared to ride out the storm coming from the Support and media.     IMO it'd be astounding if they continued to back him.   

11 minutes ago, Virtuoso said:

Care to explain why he was given the job then....

I think it's was the option of him bringing players and if he goes, there maybe quite a revolt in the dressing room, which for me makes lttle difference as they are all shite anyway. Then I remember something about us having to pay compo for him to the Qatari's. Did we ever actually pay it?If we didn't, it now falls due.

I also remember Esk I think, who posted something about the transfer dealings will not be reported in the accounts. Don't think he explained why, so is there something in that? 

Maybe reading too much into it. For me the decision is simple, if not for some inexplicable reason we know nothing about.

Don't think anything will happen today. I imagine they discussed next steps, but will want to string it out until the weekend, just in case we thrash Hearts and it buys them some more time. I'm sure they'll have started looking at "contingencies" though. Honourable thing to do is sack him today and conduct interviews with replacements once they ink's dry. 

Just now, Turnberry18 said:

I don't even understand the 3 man panel idea at all.  This club used to be run on common sense terms, these things just seem like gimmicks.

You have to ask yourself what experience do they have in Football to be picking a Manager.

1 minute ago, Rfc52 said:
1 minute ago, rangersross said:

Don't think anything will happen today. I imagine they discussed next steps, but will want to string it out until the weekend, just in case we thrash Hearts and it buys them some more time. I'm sure they'll have started looking at "contingencies" though. Honourable thing to do is sack him today and conduct interviews with replacements once they ink's dry. 

He better be on garden leave or sacked by mid afternoon or the pressure switches to the board 

Archived