The whole season already a write-off?

City_of_Blue

Now what?

We will be trophyless again this season and if we scrape a Euro spot I don't trust this bunch to qualify for the Europa league.

So are we effectively playing the remaining 6 months for nothing?

With a shite board and no sign of the 10's of millions investment we need, where on earth do we go from here?

We have the best support in the world but i won't blame them if they don't want to plough many more millions into our club if it's all for nothing.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, City_of_Blue said:

Now what?

We will be trophyless again this season and if we scrape a Euro spot I don't trust this bunch to qualify for the Europa league.

With a shite board and no sign of the 10's of millions investment we need, where on earth do we go from here?

We have the best support in the world but i won't blame them if they don't want to plough many more millions into our club if it's all for nothing.

Think you are being a bit optimistic re Europe. We are a potential 5th in league if M'well win and we are currently in freefall. No cunt bothers about us now excepting our superb away support. The bottom teams are beating us. Ive never felt so bad. Get your fucking finger out King.

5 minutes ago, Domthenbud said:

Think you are being a bit optimistic re Europe. We are a potential 5th in league if M'well win and we are currently in freefall. No cunt bothers about us now excepting our superb away support. The bottom teams are beating us. Ive never felt so bad. Get your fucking finger out King.

Yep.

Only Rangers can do so well at being rudderless, without direction and yet free falling all at once.

Yet it's the same shite we hear every week re training well, the same shite about delivering a performance for fans, yet the same dross get picked and play poorly. Mccoist, Warburton, Pedro, same play different lead actor.

And the Board are doing a Nicky Law to perfection.

Whilst the team are dross, on hindsight I think it would have been better to keep Pedro until a replacement was found. I doubt anyone would have thought the board would be so incompetent in finding a replacement, which leads me to think there are bigger problems behind the scenes than even I thought.

It's not that the signs haven't been there, but you couldn't ever think things would get this bad.

1 hour ago, Captain Hilts said:

League and league cup are gone obviously. We'll inevitably get a scudding off the taigs in the Scottish cup.

So much fun. 

It's an optimistic man that predicts us going through in the Scottish cup against Fraserburgh. Seasons fucked in November. Unexuseable.

1 hour ago, Domthenbud said:

Don't talk pish ya whisky swilling fanny!

Seems to me that for whoever comes in as manager it is now the same scenario as when Pedro took over.   He'll get the rest of the season to clear some players out in the Jan transfer market and try to raise some cash then get the rest of the season to try to fashion the core of a robust Rangers team for next season.     The 'mens' that Pedro thought he was bringing in were not that at all and the new manager needs to find players with a physical toughness about them, a no-nonsense attitude towards dealing with aggressive play and to be aggressive enough themselves, and find people that can score enough goals.   Its already about pre-season for next season.

1 hour ago, esquire8 said:

Sad to say but yes. There ain't a manager in the world right now who could stop the rot.

Try to finish in the top 6 before the split and focus on next season for squad gutting/rebuilding.

I’d like to think there is a manager out there that would get us competing better in this League.

2 hours ago, City_of_Blue said:

Now what?

All 3 seasons the board have been in chargeca a write off and will continue to be 

18 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

It could be a blessing missing out on a Europa League spot.

We are going to have to rebuild again and it was clearly sub optimal blending the team while we played June/July qualifiers this year. 

If we dont have a manager who can also acquire some quality players in the January transfer window then theres a good chance you could be correct. However we have to assume EL money will be in the Boards financial planning.