Junkies vs Rangers

Escobar

Under the cosh big time in that second half, but there's has to be a nod to reality our midfield consisted of two academy players a winger and Jason Holt as the only recognised experienced midfielder. Bates got away with one but so did they at Ibrox more than once. A defensive performance like that is sometimes just as important as an attacking performance.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Rfc52 said:

hes got to learn to control his aggression, great young player but couldve walked at that mcginn tackle 

Yeah true mate .I did think he kicked a few which definitely helped put their midfield on the backfoot 

Love his attitude .11 players like him and we would win many more games like tonight 

m

1 minute ago, DariuszAdamczuk said:

And Walters reign was soul destroying to watch at times but at least we had the players for it, David fucking Bates? Really?

Happy with the 3 points, especially when those cunts were trying to lord it up at 1-0 but the 20 minutes of heart attack stuff wasn't necessary 

Bates is one of very few centre backs we have it wasn't pretty but we won.

We won.   Can play a whole lot better but we still won away at a very difficult ground.

We won with a batch of young players in the side too.    They will have learned from this......miles more than they will have learned from playing in Development games.   Because this was about a Rangers side doing what it needed to do to get a vital win.  That's got to be a powerful lesson for developing players.

We won with an interim manager who has managed to lead the team to home and away wins against Aberdeen and now an away win at Hibs.     There is an OF game in a few weeks.   Maybe he can inspire a win there too.

That's wins 4 in a row.    Great stuff.

1 minute ago, Ger_onimo said:

Donkey or not, we’d not have survived the last 20 without the 5 at the back.

If we had made a positive change we might not have needed to 'survive'

That boy is an accident waiting to happen, if you want to go 5 at the back put Aidan Wilson on the bench 

2 minutes ago, Potdog said:

Fod kept us in that game too no idea why nobody is saying he done well.

He's a keeper. Everyone knows he done well. A keeper can play a blinder but who cares if the team doesn't win. Well done Wes but it's goals that win games and you didn't score any

Just now, BigBearButt said:

I hope you are joking

I don't think people really appreciate the calibre of the alternative we're capable of attracting right now. Of course I'd have taken Allardyce, GvB, etc. over Murty as permanent manager, but over the realistic alternatives - i.e. McLeish, Wright, or an unknown from abroad - I would far rather stick with him. 

Archived