New assistant in place for tomorrow?

RFC55

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"Rangers have asked for permission to speak to Jimmy and we've given them permission," says Falkirk manager Paul Hartley.

"He's just to sort out some fine details. If it happens, we wish him all the best. I've really enjoyed working with him for the last couple of months and I'd hoped it was going to be for longer. If the opportunity comes along, we're not going to stand in Jimmy's way.

"I wanted Jimmy to stay because I felt we'd struck up a special bond over the last couple of months, and he's been my manager twice, at Raith and Millwall. He's someone I have a lot of respect for, but when these opportunities come along, it's a fantastic move for him if it happens. But Jimmy will be in the dugout with me at Dunfermline."

One of those coaches I think who are better suited to an assistant role, although I very much doubt he would even have been considered were he not a 'Rangers man'. Hopefully though he brings something to the table given his experience, even if its just dishing out old school throat-grabbings and bollockings when players are having a prima donna  moment.

54 minutes ago, the brown brogue said:

One of those coaches I think who are better suited to an assistant role, although I very much doubt he would even have been considered were he not a 'Rangers man'. Hopefully though he brings something to the table given his experience, even if its just dishing out old school throat-grabbings and bollockings when players are having a prima donna  moment.

That is probably what he did at half time!

9 hours ago, jamess said:

I'm surprised he hasn't had a role up till now.  As long as he can get on with Murty,  its a solid no risk appointment.

Pretty sure GM himself said he was looking for someone who thought along the same lines as him . 

Think it'l be a good combination . 

Hes a nice guy Jimmy Nic and hes not one of those who fecks off after training to count his money, he sticks around, puts in an honest shift working for his club. 

Add to that he's a Rangers man with a wealth of experience at every level of the game, and we can only be a better club with Jimmy on board. 

12 minutes ago, Parlaneloyal said:

Has this been confirmed anywhere yet?

Yeah Paul Hartley was talking about it in the papers.

Shouldn’t underestimate the importance of a strong assistant who knows what the clubs about and can help drive that home to the players and transfer the ethos across 

a sound appointment imo even short-term 

wish JJ all the best with whatever he’s doing now too - thought it would be a good idea when Pedro brought him in but maybe not worked out if we’re honest with ourselves - decent player but was only with us a couple of years compared to someone like Nichol who bleeds blue 

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

Yeah Paul Hartley was talking about it in the papers.

Shouldn’t underestimate the importance of a strong assistant who knows what the clubs about and can help drive that home to the players and transfer the ethos across 

a sound appointment imo even short-term 

wish JJ all the best with whatever he’s doing now too - thought it would be a good idea when Pedro brought him in but maybe not worked out if we’re honest with ourselves - decent player but was only with us a couple of years compared to someone like Nichol who bleeds blue 

Yeah I’m sure I read that’s he’s clear to speak to us after Tuesday(?) 

Could be just what we need to instill a bit of belief and education into the side. Here’s hoping anyway.