Kris Boyd has his say on the boardroom liars

K.A.I

The board made a howler with appointing Pedro. That always sets a club back and it's even more of sore one to take when the club isn't in a good place. We should be better than we are by now but hiring and backing the wrong manager nearly always causes problems in terms of progress.

Out with this though I don't know what people expect from them. They ended the line of chancers ripping us off and have been trying to sort things out with regards to the dodgy deals left behind by former boards. They have as difficult a job as any manager we appoint. It's always going to be the case that they will get vilified the longer we remain one of the also rans but without serious money there is no quick solution to our problems. They don't have the sort of cash we need and that's the biggest gripe I have with them because they should be trying to find a buyer.

Maybe they are open to offers right enough but there is no interest. It's easy to see why. It's because our club has been so badly run and is not in a good place financially. This was the case when they took over. No one else is interested because it's such a difficult task to make us the no 1 club in Scotland again. We can slaughter them all we want but  it won't change these facts. They are just not rich enough to restore us as quickly as we would like. Blame them for that all you want but the truth is that they have actually been subsidising us with loans. We would have less to spend without them and would probably still be borrowing Newcastle youth players.

As for Boyd, it's easy to come out with stuff for pissed off supporters  by mirroring their concerns but he does the club no favours because it just makes the whole situation worse if fans turn on the board as without big money from new owners there is no quick fix. It's easy to throw stones from the sidelines but it's a lot more difficult to offer real solutions. How would he fix it if he was on the board? Would he subsidise us or downsize us? I see he thinks he can also sort the team out by bringing in physical players and doing an O'neil. That scum team cost fucking millions. I agree we could do with a more physical approach but if it was as easy as that Motherwell would be champions. We will need more than brawn to win titles again. We need good players and they usually cost money. So again it comes down to money. The board have backed the managers as far as I can see. Boyd also seems to blame them for the players the managers have brought in. Not so sure that is fair either. Blame them for picking the manager but not the players. Picking Pedro is the main blunder made by this board. They won't be the last board in football to pick the wrong man though. Pedro was so bad though that I would chase them for that alone if there was other options.

Maybe the solution is Boyd himself right enough. He appears to know it all and would no doubt have us sorted quickly. Maybe he could be the first player/chairman/manager. What a guy :craphead:

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 hours ago, FSM said:

And if celtic had signed him instead he'd be a celtic fan right now.

I honestly think if Neil Lennon had written this article you'd be cheering him on as well. Like I said, what a fucking place, happy to let any cunt have a go at us.

fuck up.

That was a good article.

The bit that jumped out at me was where he mentions the professionalism at the club. Boyd, as someone who used to play for the club over two different spells, and has dealings with the club as an opposition player is well placed to comment on this side of things. That statement alone explains so much without going into too much detail. Our club was built on standards, dignity,hard work, honesty and integrity. And if those have gone, then no wonder McInnes walked away. No wonder we couldn't attract a new manager. His comments about the blazer chasers are telling as well and shows that there are too many slimeballs at the club who have their own interests at heart and do not have a clue how to conduct themselves at the top level. Class and respect goes a long way up here. 

Boyd is a football man, an Rangers man, and knows the game up here inside out. He is also a link to better days for us,and knows the way the club used to be run. I wish more of his ilk would speak up against the board. Spoke from the heart and good on him. 

5 minutes ago, William McBeath said:

The board made a howler with appointing Pedro. That always sets a club back and it's even more of sore one to take when the club isn't in a good place. We should be better than we are by now but hiring and backing the wrong manager nearly always causes problems in terms of progress.

Out with this though I don't know what people expect from them. They ended the line of chancers ripping us off and have been trying to sort things out with regards to the dodgy deals left behind by former boards. They have as difficult a job as any manager we appoint. It's always going to be the case that they will get vilified the longer we remain one of the also rans but without serious money there is no quick solution to our problems. They don't have the sort of cash we need and that's the biggest gripe I have with them because they should be trying to find a buyer.

Maybe they are open to offers right enough but there is no interest. It's easy to see why. It's because our club has been so badly run and is not in a good place financially. This was the case when they took over. No one else is interested because it's such a difficult task to make us the no 1 club in Scotland again. We can slaughter them all we want but  it won't change these facts. They are just not rich enough to restore us as quickly as we would like. Blame them for that all you want but the truth is that they have actually been subsidising us with loans. We would have less to spend without them and would probably still be borrowing Newcastle youth players.

As for Boyd, it's easy to come out with stuff for pissed off supporters  by mirroring their concerns but he does the club no favours because it just makes the whole situation worse if fans turn on the board as without big money from new owners there is no quick fix. It's easy to throw stones from the sidelines but it's a lot more difficult to offer real solutions. How would he fix it if he was on the board? Would he subsidise us or downsize us? I see he thinks he can also sort the team out by bringing in physical players and doing an O'neil. That scum team cost fucking millions. I agree we could do with a more physical approach but if it was as easy as that Motherwell would be champions. We will need more than brawn to win titles again. We need good players and they usually cost money. So again it comes down to money. The board have backed the managers as far as I can see. Boyd also seems to blame them for the players the managers have brought in. Not so sure that is fair either. Blame them for picking the manager but not the players. Picking Pedro is the main blunder made by this board. They won't be the last board in football to pick the wrong man though. Pedro was so bad though that I would chase them for that alone if there was other options.

Maybe the solution is Boyd himself right enough. He appears to know it all and would no doubt have us sorted quickly. Maybe he could be the first player/chairman/manager. 

So it's all the previous boards fault then

Typically we have the odd protagonist moaning that it's an outsider criticising the club, or that Boyd was shite the last time so he's no right to talk.

But that aside there is almost universal agreement with the content of the article which is pretty amazing considering how controversial and critical it was.

Maybe, just maybe, the wider support are realising the Board are part of the problem not the solution.

Small but important steps.

1 minute ago, willygers4life said:

So it's all the previous boards fault then

No, we can go back to the late 1990s if your talking about the mismanagement of the club. No doubt someone will say these guys where on the board then and they would have a good point. Certainly more so than blaming them for the state we have been in since administration because the vast majority of that lies with all the chancers who took large wads and left us tied up to dodgy deals.

My main criticism of the board is Pedro. That was a shocking appointment. 

20 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Murty will be responsible for the team selection, tactics, subs, motivation etc and rightly will be assessed on that. Similarly the players will be assessed individually and collectively. If we win they'll deserve and get huge credit. If not, there'll be blame and criticism. Rightly so, he IS manager and they are our team.

That said, whilst I will condemn Murty for the 3 last defeats, my expectations going there are always lower so if they don't end up with a good result but do their best and are simply beat by a better team then I am more tolerant of the situation.  The above was a wee comment in response to your post. 

That aside I agree fully with Boyd. He is saying what most of us feel. And he is justified more so having just put us to the sword and as a pro footballer seen 1st hand the poor team we are.

He's not done it in a way that gives the club a kicking, he's stated the awful current status, what should have been done, the on going problems with hangers on and the root cause. It's bang in the money.

I'm delighted someone in the msm is doing so, hopefully those who aren't on forums etc and blindly support King take stock of it. Any such public shot fired at this Board via sms is welcomed.

Well seeing the usual suspects are shooting the messenger and stating folk are creaming themselves. This they may be cunts but they're our cunts so don't criticise attitude is utterly embarrassing.

Of course Murty is responsible but he’s not a Rangers manager people need to remember this 

I cut McCall and mcdowall the same slack 

1 minute ago, William McBeath said:

Maybe the solution is Boyd himself right enough. He appears to know it all and would no doubt have us sorted quickly. Maybe he could be the first player/chairman/manager. 

what a load of drivel

they can't be expected to do any better 

they don't have the money

they're held back because the Club was run so badly before 

do yous lot have a list of bullshit excuses that you have to include in every post

everything you have said has already been said by the rest of the surrender monkeys and appeasers and it's all fucking bollocks

The standards have completely fallen, fans like yourself now see us as a top 6 club and seem happy with that for now.

When we played the taigs under McCoist most fans still believed we could win but no most fans are accepting the likelihood of a doing off them and think "oh well there's nothing we can do about it" because the standards are now lower under King than they were under the old board.

So enough of your bullshit about how things are just the way they are and how the Board are doing the best they can because we are first and foremost a football Club and the football is as bad as it's been under any board and the fans confidence is lower than it's ever been in my lifetime

Makes me sick how low we've dropped and how some fans are still trying to portray King as a saviour and pretending it's fine that were going into an Old Firm expecting to get beat by 3 or 4 goals

A significant portion of our support are glib and shameless hypocrites - yourself included. Actually praising the Board for providing loans when that was one of the worst listed crimes of the previous board. Yous have double standards and seem to care more about King than you do Rangers because if the state of the Club under the old board was enough to merit anger and  boycotts then the state of the Club under King should do the same because it's just as bad or even worse if you consider we are paying more for STs now that we were before.

But fans like yourself want to ignore the facts and hypocrisy and bury your heads in the sand and lie to the faces of other Bears. 

8 hours ago, FSM said:

And if celtic had signed him instead he'd be a celtic fan right now.

I honestly think if Neil Lennon had written this article you'd be cheering him on as well. Like I said, what a fucking place, happy to let any cunt have a go at us.

Pish

4 minutes ago, William McBeath said:

No, we can go back to the late 1990s if your talking about the mismanagement of the club. No doubt someone will say these guys where on the board then and they would have a good point. Certainly more so than blaming them for the state we have been in since administration because the vast majority of that lies with all the chancers who took large wads and left us tied up to dodgy deals.

My main criticism of the board is Pedro. That was a shocking appointment. 

This board has failed on 90% of what they came in to do. 

No transparency, lies after lies, failed investment promises, had the chance to attempt to bring in money through 2 rights issues and instead thought it best for themselves to give loans instead of fresh investment repeated court cases which 9 times out of 10 it's due to king.

Then you have the statement released about mcinnes, pathetic and excuse filled, the wait to appoint a new manager to then appoint murty who the md and dof claim was the only choice.

How much longer must the board be giving a free ride to fail us and the club before some see what they really are like?

9 hours ago, FSM said:

Kilmarnock player trashing us in the media and we're all cheering him on. What a fucking place.

Happy for the media to smoke the board out long may it continue and i hope it forces them to find a buyer. Time for the Rangers fan clowns to step aside and let what the sensible adults can see be banished. 

The club does lack professionalism, that much is obvious but for the lack of professionalism ON the pitch Boyd should take a look at himself.

His last stint at the club he was unfit and completely lacking in effort and symbolised all that was wrong with us at the time, this wasn't a washed up dud we had signed for the championship but a player who had been in fine form the previous season for Kilmarnock.

That said, he is absolutely spot on in this article, or at least his ghost writer is.

But as CRfanatic above said, i thought this was a bit of mind games to fire our lads up for today. My worry is that this shower of imposters will only further hide in their shells and take the tanking coming their way, i hope to fuck i am wrong.

7 minutes ago, With Heart and Hand said:

what a load of drivel

they can't be expected to do any better 

they don't have the money

they're held back because the Club was run so badly before 

do yous lot have a list of bullshit excuses that you have to include in every post

everything you have said has already been said by the rest of the surrender monkeys and appeasers and it's all fucking bollocks

The standards have completely fallen, fans like yourself now see us as a top 6 club and seem happy with that for now.

When we played the taigs under McCoist most fans still believed we could win but no most fans are accepting the likelihood of a doing off them and think "oh well there's nothing we can do about it" because the standards are now lower under King than they were under the old board.

So enough of your bullshit about how things are just the way they are and how the Board are doing the best they can because we are first and foremost a football Club and the football is as bad as it's been under any board and the fans confidence is lower than it's ever been in my lifetime

Makes me sick how low we've dropped and how some fans are still trying to portray King as a saviour and pretending it's fine that were going into an Old Firm expecting to get beat by 3 or 4 goals

A significant portion of our support are glib and shameless hypocrites - yourself included. Actually praising the Board for providing loans when that was one of the worst listed crimes of the previous board. Yous have double standards and seem to care more about King than you do Rangers because if the state of the Club under the old board was enough to merit anger and  boycotts then the state of the Club under King should do the same because it's just as bad or even worse if you consider we are paying more for STs now that we were before.

But fans like yourself want to ignore the facts and hypocrisy and bury your heads in the sand and lie to the faces of other Bears. 

All the stuff about caring about King or lying to other bears is just bollocks. Same with the shite about accepting 2nd best or most of the rest of it. I don't care about any of the board and would get rid of them yesterday if there was a better option I knew of. It's easy to snipe and display your anger on here and beat chests about being better fans but I'm just giving an honest opinion without any agenda. It's just being realistic. It will take time and money to compete properly again. Not many clubs can go through what we did and just come back like nothing happened. I agree we should be better and the board are to blame for that. Just don't think they are the scumbags they are being made out to be. As for accepting doings off that lot. No chance, I'll be as raging as the rest of us if we get beat again. Anger won't change nothing though. 

2 hours ago, K.A.I said:

People are focusing too much on the Murty line - it’s obvious what he means as he explains it quite well that he’s been thrown in there without a life jacket and with hopeless players that he’s not signed doing his best - if that was ok for Pedro during the 5-1 shambles at Ibrox why can Murty not be afforded the same?

for what it’s worth I’m a believer in the manager is responsible but Murty isn’t a Rangers manager, the board have made him one to scapegoat themselves once again 

Murty wanted the job he told us as much in the weeks leading upto it. Was pedro a Rangers manager? Yet he was judged by the fans. Murty should and will be held accountable by us just like everyone before him and after

1 hour ago, willygers4life said:

This board has failed on 90% of what they came in to do. 

No transparency, lies after lies, failed investment promises, had the chance to attempt to bring in money through 2 rights issues and instead thought it best for themselves to give loans instead of fresh investment repeated court cases which 9 times out of 10 it's due to king.

Then you have the statement released about mcinnes, pathetic and excuse filled, the wait to appoint a new manager to then appoint murty who the md and dof claim was the only choice.

How much longer must the board be giving a free ride to fail us and the club before some see what they really are like?

I don't agree with some of this but in a rush now to get ready.

Transparency seems to be some kind of stick to beat them with. We had essays of updates on the club site and interviews. Do we need personal phone calls or something. Most boards tell their fans less than us. Ask the Geordies.

What lies? Do you mean the 30 million up front? Nobody with any sense believed that but so far they have put in around 16 million in loans without interest or taking the stadium name or image type rights and we will obviously need more.

The court cases are all to do with getting Rangers off the scumbags or trying to break contracts. I would rather that than still be watching Lambias and co taking what they could. Would you rather we were still with them instead of the court cases?

The McInnes statement was lousy I agree. With regards the manager. He knocked us back. Not much we can do about that. It will be difficult to get a good manager as it's a tough challenge right now and no one of decent standing wants to look like a failure. I'd have appointed someone till the end of the season though.

Because people are pissed off at the board they think I'm backing them. Tell me who you think we should replace them with and I'll probably agree. I don't know anybody. I'd love a new owner with enough money to get us back competing properly. I just don't think the current board are scumbags or as bad as made out. I used to worry that we would lose the stadium to the last lot or go bust all together with the ones before then. Those boards were scum bags. This lot might not be the solution to our problems but I'd rather them than what we had until we have another option.

What do people propose instead of this board? I'd be happy to hear of solutions because it's all just criticisms from the likes of Boyd. 

4 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Murty wanted the job he told us as much in the weeks leading upto it. Was pedro a Rangers manager? Yet he was judged by the fans. Murty should and will be held accountable by us just like everyone before him and after

YOuve missed the point entirely 

KEITH CAMPBELL - THE SUN GLASGOW  COMMENT By Kris Boyd
29th December 2017, 11:40 pm

'SORRY SHOWER' Don’t blame Graeme Murty if Rangers get a hiding from celtic. Blame the Ibrox board, says Kris Boyd 

Managers normally carry the can after defeats but Gers supporters should train their sights on a board which continues to drag their club down.

THERE’S every chance Rangers could find themselves on the wrong end of a hiding at Parkhead on Saturday. And if that were to be the case there is also every chance Gers supporters will be looking to vent their anger. Murty is not to blame if Rangers suffer a heavy defeat at celtic The manager normally carries the can in these situations. Woeful Old Firm capitulations eventually did for both Pedro Caixinha and Mark Warburton. But, regardless of the outcome today, Graeme Murty shouldn’t be held responsible. Instead, supporters should train their sights on a board which continues to drag their club down. The Ibrox board have failed to bring in a new manager

In the wake of Murty being named as manger until the end of the season I kept my powder dry last weekend because Kilmarnock were playing Rangers. In the past I have been accused of firing opposition teams up with my comments.Yet, if that’s what it takes to get players fired up then they need to have a long hard look at themselves.What astonished me about Murty’s appointment was the comments from Rangers claiming they always believed him to be the right man for the job. The boss they wanted at the helm all along. Well, that’s complete nonsense for a start.

They tried and failed miserably to get Derek McInnes. I’m pretty sure they also spoke to other managers as well. If they had turned round within a week of Caixinha being sacked and said the same thing, then fair enough. Derek McInnes turned down the chance to manage Rangers But they waited two months and then gave Murty the gig on the back of defeats to Dundee, Hamilton and St Johnstone. Why not wait until the winter break and then reassess? What a coincidence the announcement of him getting the job coincided with less favourable news which broke about an hour beforehand. For me, it was just another tactic to deflect from what is really going on at Rangers.

When Dave King swept to power he promised fans the earth. The majority of them bought into his grand masterplan and backed the club with their hard-earned. For most of the past two years they have been prepared to give him and his board members the benefit of the doubt. Now they are starting to see through his false promises. When repeatedly asked to go to the well, supporters did just that in the hope it would benefit their club. King has failed to live up to his promises to the Rangers supporters But, just what has King done for them since taking over? Not a lot. His reign has been blighted by one cock-up after another.

There has been a real lack of class about the place in recent years. There are far too many hangers-on and so-called Rangers men cutting about the place in brown brogues and blue blazers. The club needs proper businessmen regardless of who they support. Not punters who once had a season-ticket for the Copland Road. Somebody needs to get a grip of the place and rid Rangers of the incompetence which is making them a laughing stock. If you are not up to the task then you should be shown the door. There are too many people within the walls of Ibrox who are not up to the task. They keep making the same mistakes over and over again. There is no leadership, no direction of where the club is going.

celtic have won six of the last seven Old Firm games  I hate to say it, but you actually fear for the club’s future under the current regime. The fans are also starting to see through this sorry shower. They can view the bigger picture and it does not look good on or off the pitch. The current squad is even worse than the one Warburton assembled. At least they had a structure of play under Warburton. Would that have enabled them to end celtic’s dominance? I very much doubt it. However as a team they were much better than they are just now. They have spent millions in the summer and gone backwards.

Former celtic star Virgil van Dijk is now the world’s most expensive defender If you look at Rangers and celtic just now there is no comparison. The £7.5 million celtic are set to receive from Virgil Van Dijk’s £75m move to Liverpool sums up the gulf between the Old Firm. Rangers’ record sale was the £9 million they received from Spurs for Alan Hutton. celtic are coining in just £1.5 million less for a player who doesn’t even belong to them. When you are running your club properly these things can happen. 

Too many mistakes are being made across the city all the way down to the youth department. The amount of young kids who have been let go after being deemed not good enough or not big enough is alarming. On the pitch it’s not much better. There are people picking and choosing when they play. That is not right. Last Saturday Kilmarnock battered Rangers and, with all due respect, celtic are a million times better than us. Given the money spent in the summer, Gers should be getting closer to their biggest rivals. They shelled out fortunes in fees and wages. But they bought badly. To try and overcome celtic’s dominance they needed to buy powerful athletes, guys who could maybe bully the other top teams. That’s the way Rangers should have gone. 

You can’t go like for like with celtic — you can’t possibly hope to. match them in terms of footballing ability. Sometimes you have to go against the grain. When Martin O’Neill took over at celtic he filled his team with big, strong, physical players. That was to overcome Dick Advocaat’s free-flowing football team and it worked. Rangers should have followed a similar blueprint last summer, but they didn’t. It’s left them with little hope of winning an Old Firm game for the first time in eight attempts. But, whatever happens at celtic Park, don’t blame the manager because it’s the board who have thrown him in at the deep end without a lifebelt.

Well done to Boyd for showing he has the balls to call this board out and show support for Murty's situation. Lets hope other Ex-players fans have the balls to do the same. 

Can't argue with any of that.  For me he's pretty much summed the reality of the situation. Is this not what supporter voice should be doing? 

Things need to change and it needs to start with this mostly absentee Board being open and transparent as promised. 

1 hour ago, William McBeath said:

Maybe the solution is Boyd himself right enough. He appears to know it all and would no doubt have us sorted quickly. Maybe he could be the first player/chairman/manager. What a guy :craphead:

Utter pish.

The whole fucking planet know we are being shafted.

As for, what more can this board do?!  You are havng a giraffe. Let us start with the truth. This board were elected on a platform of lies, deceit and duplicity as it all unravells.

A strangle hold on our club through soft loans that are the vehicle for THEM to line their pockets in allocating themselves cheap shares. Then there is the abuse of C1872. Year on year losses, with accounts reading like the script from Armageddon. The many court cases, with the last one which will have King walk away and if he pulls his loans we are in admin 2.

These self serving incompetent bastards are destroying us are we are paying them for the privelage. The sooner these cunts are exposed and hounded, before they put us to the wall, will be the day our club start regain it's integrity and long held values that the career criminal set about destroying.

Life must great with your head firmly buried in the sand.