• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Not a great fan of ex-players greeting in the media but most of what Boyd says is pretty accurate and yet the silence from the, normally vociferous, fan groups is deafening. 

Don’t worry - FSM’s sticking up for the Board!

3 minutes ago, FSM said:

And if celtic had signed him instead he'd be a celtic fan right now.

I honestly think if Neil Lennon had written this article you'd be cheering him on as well. Like I said, what a fucking place, happy to let any cunt have a go at us.

The truth is the truth no matter who says it - I’ve said endless times on here I’m a believer in the message not the messenger 

where do you see him having a go at us? He’s having a go at the board because he cares about us and knows we deserve a lot better - massive difference 

14 minutes ago, FSM said:

Kilmarnock player trashing us in the media and we're all cheering him on. What a fucking place.

No trashing, simply speaking as a concerned fan. What exactly would you disagree with in the article?.

1 minute ago, HG5 said:

Don’t worry - FSM’s sticking up for the Board!

I'm actually not, I just think it's a bit pathetic that we're all creaming ourselves over an ex player (who was happy to steal wages from us during his second spell) feeling he's qualified to besmirch us in the mainstream media. But hey, he's saying some stuff that we all agree with, so let him crack on. Make it open season and we can party like it's 2012 again.

Never been a huge fan of Boyd but fair play to him. Can't argue with any of that and he's got the balls to call people out. 

If a few more ex players would say the same things we might actually build a little momentum with regards to effecting change. 

11 minutes ago, FSM said:

I honestly think if Neil Lennon had written this article you'd be cheering him on as well. Like I said, what a fucking place, happy to let any cunt have a go at us.

Rather than attacking the messenger I'd prefer f you told us exactly where Boyd is wrong, tear the message apart by all means but, I personally, can find nothing wrong in what he says.  

13 minutes ago, FSM said:

No he wouldn't 

4 minutes ago, FSM said:

I'm actually not, I just think it's a bit pathetic that we're all creaming ourselves over an ex player (who was happy to steal wages from us during his second spell) feeling he's qualified to besmirch us in the mainstream media. But hey, he's saying some stuff that we all agree with, so let him crack on. Make it open season and we can party like it's 2012 again.

He's not besmirching us.

He's calling out this board for its serial failures, corruption and incompetence.

Big big difference.

3 minutes ago, FSM said:

So we just live in denial and never have the board challenged in the open for their ineptitude and lies?

no accountability ever? 

Just now, siddiqi_drinker said:

Rather than attacking the messenger I'd prefer f you told us exactly where Boyd is wrong, tear the message apart by all means but, I personally, can find nothing wrong in what he says.  

I just don't think we need to start tipping our dirty washing out in public yet again. Change needs to come, I fully agree, but does it really need to come by lining up every man and his dog for a wee dig in the press?

Like the board gives a fuck what Kris Boyd thinks anyway.

Just now, K.A.I said:

So we just live in denial and never have the board challenged in the open for their ineptitude and lies?

no accountability ever? 

Personally I think it would be strange for him not to be public with his opinion. Regardless of whether he is an ex player or not he does a lot of work off the park now and all things considered i am shocked there hasn't been more people saying exactly what he has said. 

It is by no means a secret that the board we have are a complete shambles and id expect any journalist to say so.

I can't understand anyone having an issue with that article. He's not besmirching the club, rather the people who run it.

If you want to talk about ex-players who have actually besmirched the club, let's talk Butcher, Gough, Naismith? That's "besmirching" the club. 

4 minutes ago, FSM said:

Good!

I think it’s less creaming ourselves (there are way better things to be wasting that on!), more someone who is on the outside, but was once on the inside, coming up with something that validates what a growing number of us are thinking.

When they stick their heads above the parapet as clearly as KB has, it may be time for us to take a bit more notice.

25 minutes ago, FSM said:

Kilmarnock player trashing us in the media and we're all cheering him on. What a fucking place.

It's hard to argue with anything he says though. 

The Board have no one to blame but themselves for articles like this. 

Not Ashely, Green whoever, only them at this stage. 

4 minutes ago, FSM said:

I just don't think we need to start tipping our dirty washing out in public yet again. Change needs to come, I fully agree, but does it really need to come by lining up every man and his dog for a wee dig in the press?

I DO agree about the dirty washing, to a point.

Olden days, shit would happen, we’d sort it, or be none the wiser until we didn’t sort it & then the press got hold of it.

Changed days, I’m afraid.

52 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

"To try and overcome celtic’s dominance they needed to buy powerful athletes, guys who could maybe bully the other top teams.

That’s the way Rangers should have gone.

You can’t go like for like with celtic — you can’t possibly hope to match them in terms of footballing ability. Sometimes you have to go against the grain.

When Martin O’Neill took over at celtic he filled his team with big, strong, physical players.

That was to overcome Dick Advocaat’s free-flowing football team and it worked."

I've made this exact same point on here for months.  We should be going a 3-5-2 and going the big physical route in the eact same way MON did.  celtic are good on the deck but let's see how they cope when 5 or 6 big guys are in their box each time we win a free-kick or corner.  We have the attacking wing-backs who can put in a cross so let's get in a target man who can boss their CBs.  We can't afford the players needed to outplay them.

Spot on.

Many of us have made this point. I’m not someone who claims to be a football genius but I think it’s fairly obvious to you I and the dog we need guys who can go out and have a war with the SPFL.

Pedro promised us as much too. We never got it.

39 minutes ago, FSM said:

He's besmirching a bunch of con artists masquerading as Directors. It is this fucking board who have dragged us through the gutter and turned us into the biggest circus act in the land, not Boyd.

A Rangers man, still playing and part of MSM. A fucking blind man would be qualified to call out this crew. Every man, woman and child n the land would be qualified to call out this crew, they are that fucking obvious.

Long fucking overdue for being publcly called out and rather sad it wasn't the fans.

King will be gone and hopefully every other self serving trough guzzling bastard with him.

12 minutes ago, FSM said:

I’m normally the first person to say that this isn’t the Rangers way and you could probably go back and look at my posting history and find some posts where I have said exactly what you have - perhaps on different issues but in agreement with the premise.

But we are at the point in my opinion that the pressure needs to be turned up on the board as much as it can be and if it’s friendly fire then I’m kind of ok with that. In fact, even better if it’s friendly fire because at the end of the day I do genuinely think Boyd has the health of the club at heart.

1 minute ago, HG5 said:

I DO agree about the dirty washing, to a point.

Olden days, shit would happen, we’d sort it, or be none the wiser until we didn’t sort it & then the press got hold of it.

Changed days, I’m afraid.

This was the main thrust of my argument, not the article content but the article existing at all. Also, you then have the players reading the paper every day and seeing guys like Kris Boyd telling them they're shite, and our own fans cheering him for saying it.Then we wonder why they look like they don't want to be here. The league might be gone, but I'd still like us to finish second and qualify for Europe. They might be average players, but they're our average players and we should 'support' them while they're here.

12 minutes ago, FSM said:

I'd rather none of it was aired in public but then again, Boyd is just a fan/pundit with a voice AND let's not forget that one of our primary board members was never off the front-page of the DR when it suited his cause, a fact that still annoys me greatly. 

1 hour ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

"To try and overcome celtic’s dominance they needed to buy powerful athletes, guys who could maybe bully the other top teams.

That’s the way Rangers should have gone.

You can’t go like for like with celtic — you can’t possibly hope to match them in terms of footballing ability. Sometimes you have to go against the grain.

When Martin O’Neill took over at celtic he filled his team with big, strong, physical players.

That was to overcome Dick Advocaat’s free-flowing football team and it worked."

I've made this exact same point on here for months.  We should be going a 3-5-2 and going the big physical route in the eact same way MON did.  celtic are good on the deck but let's see how they cope when 5 or 6 big guys are in their box each time we win a free-kick or corner.  We have the attacking wing-backs who can put in a cross so let's get in a target man who can boss their CBs.  We can't afford the players needed to outplay them.

Spot on. Big Lafferty bullied them himself which is why Hearts pumped them and Lafferty is built like the side of a fiver.