Kevin Thomson, Gregory Vignal and Stuart Taylor

MattyBlue

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, RFC Eagle said:

Ex St. Mirren player (amongst many others) and managed Limerick. Was with Lambert at Wolves most recently.

Knew and played alongside him growing up. Was decent enough as a kid, it was his old man that was his driving force and pestered the life out of scouts and coaches til he got a pro contract.

I like the fact that Murty has brought in people like Jimmy Nicholl and Kevin Thomson as they come across like they don't take any shite and I imagine there would be a fear factor there that I don't see that Murty has.  - never realised KT was for the youths 

38 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

If we truly want to have one of these club wide philosophies with long term succession plans in place then we really need to be bringing more young, intelligent guys like Thomson into the club.

After a few years of working with our youths, we should be encouraging them to go out as number ones on their own so they are getting proper managerial experience elsewhere but because they also know the club and how it operates from a coaching POV, we are almost building a pool of coaches who we can dip into when the times comes for us to appoint a new manager in the future.

It’s a bit of a fanciful ideal but that’s what we should be striving for.

This is exactly what we should be doing. We also should give them a bit of time working in several sections of the club so they have a wide understanding of the various departments of the club. In the long term this could be beneficial if one comes back and manages us 

18 minutes ago, james_85 said:

I like the fact that Murty has brought in people like Jimmy Nicholl and Kevin Thomson as they come across like they don't take any shite and I imagine there would be a fear factor there that I don't see that Murty has.  - never realised KT was for the youths 

I dont know how much input Murty has had in the appointments, it looks to me like this has been on the cards for a while, especially the Thomson and Taylor appointments.

Praise should go to Craig Mulholland in my opinion, who really is a credit to us!

3 minutes ago, Del said:

I dont know how much input Murty has had in the appointments, it looks to me like this has been on the cards for a while, especially the Thomson and Taylor appointments.

Praise should go to Craig Mulholland in my opinion, who really is a credit to us!

Mulholland is an infectious character, he seems so focused and enthusiastic about his job, i like him.

2 minutes ago, pcbear said:

Mulholland is an infectious character, he seems so focused and enthusiastic about his job, i like him.

Completely agree, I have just posted a thread saying exactly that!

I dont think he gets the credit he deserves.

2 minutes ago, Del said:

Completely agree, I have just posted a thread saying exactly that!

I dont think he gets the credit he deserves.

I think Southampton tried to poach him last year, he knocked it back to continue what he started here.

Walter left a big impression on Thomson so hopefully there will be some of Walter in his coaching style, though with youths murty’s approach of positivity and encouragment I’d imagine would rub off better. As I said earlier I really think Thomson can climb the ladder and who knows about being an assistant or even manager at a much later date.