Goss

Essandoh

2 hours ago, 1690tamRFC said:

I’ll admit I’d never heard of him before we brought him in so had to google him to find out, it looks like they have had a result getting who was once looked at, at man united as being the natural replacement for Carrick then broke his back and was not expected to get back to his potential. QPR took the chance and were loaning him to us to get him game time, experience and fitness, nothing more. I get that and that’s their perogative but if he enjoys it here and we are winning things with European football on offer who’s to say the lad himself won’t force a move ? 

Gurss it all depends if he’s chasing a career or money as forget what our biased media pretend the taigs can offer no cunt in Scotland can compete financially with even qpr unfortunately 

Unfortunately for us I don’t think many players care about winning trophies these days totally all about the cash.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

25 minutes ago, westenclosure2008 said:

Unfortunately for us I don’t think many players care about winning trophies these days totally all about the cash.

I'm oot ma tits mate, didn't read the last 5 words of yer post.

If I was paid 30 yeng, I'd throw the game in a heartbeat.

4 hours ago, Big Al II said:

Simple...shouldn't play once McCrorie is fit.

For your sake I hope you are joking. 

He is miles ahead of McCrorie as a footballer in general and as a central midfield player especially. And i like McCrorie, he's been very good for us this season but there's no chance he should be playing in the middle of the park ahead of this boy. 

When he signed I had never heard of him but have to say it looks to be the best piece of business we done in January. Our central midfield has looked weak all season and we badly needed a player who is capable of controlling, holding and passing the ball in middle of the park. 

1 hour ago, KBOO72 said:

For your sake I hope you are joking. 

He is miles ahead of McCrorie as a footballer in general and as a central midfield player especially. And i like McCrorie, he's been very good for us this season but there's no chance he should be playing in the middle of the park ahead of this boy. 

His club will be delighted he's playing so well. Will return to them match fit and full of confidence.

I love this place after a decent result. I guarantee if he is anonymous on Tuesday or against the filth then this thread will take a different turn.

Having said that, I think he has played very well for us. Was disappointed with him against Hibs recently, but overall he has made a positive contribution. Hope he continues in this way.

8 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

His club will be delighted he's playing so well. Will return to them match fit and full of confidence.

Irrelevant. As long as he's here, if both players are fit he should be starting before McCrorie without question. 

8 hours ago, westenclosure2008 said:

Can you explain why he left Manchester United and a comfortable wage to join a team in the Championship for 'cash'?:facepalm:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/manchester-united-youngster-sean-goss-12521690.amp

He wants to play football. If you talk to most footballers its about playing. Its their agents that tend to chase the money.

4 minutes ago, RFC Eagle said:

Can you explain why he left Manchester United and a comfortable wage to join a team in the Championship for 'cash'?:facepalm:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/manchester-united-youngster-sean-goss-12521690.amp

He wants to play football. If you talk to most footballers its about playing. Its their agents that tend to chase the money.

I think you’re being naive if you think most footballers don’t put money above playing and winning trophies.

5 minutes ago, westenclosure2008 said:

I think you’re being naive if you think most footballers don’t put money above playing and winning trophies.

I think you're being too cynical. Sean Goss is, conclusively, one that doesn't put money first.

Having spent many years involved with non-league football in England and speaking to a number of former professionals who still play at that level its definitely about the game not the cash. As I said its the agents who chase the cash, especially at the higher levels.

1 minute ago, RFC Eagle said:

I think you're being too cynical. Sean Goss is, conclusively, one that doesn't put money first.

Having spent many years involved with non-league football in England and speaking to a number of former professionals who still play at that level its definitely about the game not the cash. As I said its the agents who chase the cash, especially at the higher levels.

Ok so if a Championship team came in for these non league players and said we’ll pay you £10k a week but you won’t get much game time they would say no? Bullshit. 

44 minutes ago, westenclosure2008 said:

Ok so if a Championship team came in for these non league players and said we’ll pay you £10k a week but you won’t get much game time they would say no? Bullshit. 

:facepalm: They'd move from semi pro to pro football. The ones I've spoken to are mostly former pros who've been there and still want to play. Its playing at the highest level they can that motivates them they don't need the couple of hundredgme that they might get. 

If it was a choice between a Championship club at £10k and hardly playing and a League One club with regular starts and £8k a week most would pick the League One option.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5412143/amp/Olivier-Giroud-reveals-left-Arsenal-Chelsea.html

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/connor-coady-liverpool-wolves-leaving-14303222.amp

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/08/25/tom-cleverley-exclusive-right-leave-manchester-united-everton/amp/

Just a small selection of players leaving comfortable contracts just to play football.

8 hours ago, OhW said:

You mean if he plays well he will be praised and if he plays poorly he will be criticised?! This forum is mental!

If you put it that way it looks absolutely reasonable :lol: but sadly it is more extreme than a moderate criticism usually. “Worst player ever.  Fucking pish” etc etc. 

2 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

If you put it that way it looks absolutely reasonable :lol: but sadly it is more extreme than a moderate criticism usually. “Worst player ever.  Fucking pish” etc etc. 

Fucking worst post I've ever seen on here...