Cummings Potential £1million deal

20 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

One miss?

The one on one were he shat himself, miscontrolled the rebound for a bye kick then they went right up and scored.

Or the absolute fucking sitter that was harder to miss.

Strikers are judged and remembered for their goals, not shrugging off defenders.

Forgot that first miss tbf

1 minute ago, DBBTB said:

How many times over the past few years have we had players that “a better manager” could get more out of now?

Maybe it’s just a case of Cummings just not being as good as people built him up to be before he came here?

We've had a lot of those players and not yet had that “better manager” to get the best out of them maybe.

17 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

How many times over the past few years have we had players that “a better manager” could get more out of now?

Maybe it’s just a case of Cummings just not being as good as people built him up to be before he came here?

Better managers can get more out of players.  Just look at the increase in performance from Kilmarnock since Steve Clark took over.  That's not an isolated incident it's happened at a multitude of clubs where a quality manager has taken over from a poor one.

A better manager would get more out of all our players not just Jason Cummings.  Very few of our current squad seem good enought to be here, a handful at most, but that could change under the right manager.  For years we've signed guys who done well in the SPFL or abroad and watched them turn to utter shite in a Rangers jersey that's poor coaching and management.  Players come here and start going backwards.

1 hour ago, ForeverAndEver said:

He sat on the bench while our top scorer started and bullied the Tarriers defence and had a good game apart from one miss, Cummings then got a start and showed why he shouldn't be player over Morelos.

I think people like Cummings because he’s got a tattooed hand of a mouth smiling 

I don’t really understand -  why doesn’t he use his real actual mouth to smile unless on the rare occasion he uses this celebration (rare ah tell ye) he is sticking his tongue out at us and we think he’s smiling?

i really wish he would score more goals to allow us to see for ourselves. 

5 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

I think people like Cummings because he’s got a tattooed hand of a mouth smiling 

I don’t really understand -  why doesn’t he use his real actual mouth to smile unless on the rare occasion he uses this celebration (rare ah tell ye) he is sticking his tongue out at us and we think he’s smiling?

i really wish he would score more goals to allow us to see for ourselves. 

Had to look and see who posted that there thought it was @Sweetheart

19 minutes ago, TMB said:

Better managers can get more out of players.  Just look at the increase in performance from Kilmarnock since Steve Clark took over.  That's not an isolated incident it's happened at a multitude of clubs where a quality manager has taken over from a poor one.

A better manager would get more out of all our players not just Jason Cummings.  Very few of our current squad seem good enought to be here, a handful at most, but that could change under the right manager.  For years we've signed guys who done well in the SPFL or abroad and watched them turn to utter shite in a Rangers jersey that's poor coaching and management.  Players come here and start going backwards.

I think the vast majority of them simply aren’t as good as people think they are to begin with tbh.

40 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

we haven't had a proper manager from 2011, so fail to see what your point is

13 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

We don't half underestimate players' values in Scotland. A million is an absolute snip for someone at Cummings' age and with his ability and potential.

It's 400k more than was quoted at the time of him joining on loan. Not sure what he's done to justify an increase.

Just now, Jack The Flipper said:

we haven't had a proper manager from 2011, so fail to see what your point is

We’ve barely had a good player since then either.

A good manager might get a bit more out of some of the players at the club at present but he would need to be a miracle worker to collectively drag them to the level and expectations that our club demands.

3 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

We already have a target man though... 

We have a target man who is also a main striker,play the pair of them v Dundee and see how they get on??? I'm talking about a target man who will lay the ball off for Cummings,in the air and on the grass.

Cummings is the sort of striker that would thrive in a 4-4-2.

Im still on the fence regarding his overall ability to be in a championship side, but if we’re talking about next season trying to mount any sort of challenge, then maybe he’ll be ok.

Ask yourself seriously

what has Cummings done to warrant leading our line or being one of our main strikers?

I think I’m done with “potential” and all the “would have should have could have” players we’ve brought to this club in the last few years. The list is endless 

We talk ourselves into believing something because we are so fucking desperate  

12 minutes ago, philiprfc said:

The ability is definitely there. It's just a question of how best to play him. Up top on his own doesn't work, and he doesn't work well with Morelos. (Not sure that's his fault though)

So he can’t play up front on his own nor with a strike partner?

mmm interesting