Cummings Potential £1million deal

2 hours ago, LeeWallaceRFC said:

I don't think you understand English. Of course it's made up, or else there'd be a quote. The guy is the most wasteful player I've ever seen at the club and single handedly lost us the last Old Firm. Certified shite bag.

Hahahahahahahahahaha

36 minutes ago, Siwel said:

We should sign him just because if we don’t TMB will never shut up about how we should have signed him and he was an incredible player we missed out on.

I don't care who we have up front as long as they're doing the business.  I'm a big fan of Cummings but I'd happily see him go back to Nottingham Forest If we're going to continue playing one up front.  I do wonder why Murty even brought him here if the intention was always to play a 4-2-3-1 that can't accommodate Cummings who is a penalty box striker.  If the links to Moult are genuine I think he's more capable of leading the line than Cummings and if he costs the same amount of money he's the better option.  I know posters on here have suggested Oli McBurnie but I don't know much about him is he a lone striker?

7 hours ago, LeeWallaceRFC said:

I don't think you understand English. Of course it's made up, or else there'd be a quote. The guy is the most wasteful player I've ever seen at the club and single handedly lost us the last Old Firm. Certified shite bag.

What has understanding English got to do with it?:lol:

Who would you be "quoting" when it's you who is stating something?

7 hours ago, LeeWallaceRFC said:

"You are a fud"

11 hours ago, LeeWallaceRFC said:

:lol: 

A cheap striker with a proven track record of goals for around 600K - " Naw fuck it, horrible deal!"

A crock and yazoo at Dundee getting £2 million offers...

It's no brainer to sign him for the amount agreed.

Folk on here think we can attract the next Michael Mols :lol: 

Get a grip

20 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

A cheap striker with a proven track record of goals for around 600K - " Naw fuck it, horrible deal!"

Get a grip

A lot of people seem to think we only need a first eleven to win the league when the reality is that we need a squad with plenty of depth.

In 2009 we had Boyd, Novo, Naismith, Miller, JCD & Lafferty in the squad. That’s maybe a bit extreme of an example because it is a bloated frontline - but we need depth, variety and different  options if we want to actually achieve anything.

I’m not sure about Cummings but for the price he’s worth taking because he’s a different option.

57 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Get a grip

Still only 22 also, he’s got bags of potential.

13 hours ago, LeeWallaceRFC said:

Must have missed him scoring the 3 goals for celtic. 

8 hours ago, The Godfather said:

Get a grip

Can’t be bothered arguing with folk in here now, it’s like all sense has gone out the window or people are so far removed from the reality of our past and our present that they can’t hold a reasonable argument.

Think you’re wasting your time trying to talk sense. :lol:

2 hours ago, RedWhiteBlue1872 said:

What a clown you are, you deserve everything you get.

The boy is younger than Cummings and has scored a shitload of goals in his first season and chipped in with a few assists. Cummings scored 0 in his first season in SPL.

He is the only player in the past 5/6 years that has bullied celtic players that I can think of and his hold up play for his age is a maturity beyond his years.

There is no doubt he is frustrating and greedy at times but I don't care, at 21 he is a rough diamond and anybody who can't see that has no clue on football.

Cummings is 22 and Morelos turns 22 in June so there's no significant age gap between the two players.  Also, Cummings first broke through at Hibs in November 2013 he just turned 17 at the time and wasn't a regular starter for them so comparing their first seasons in the Scottish top-tier isn't quite fair.  

You need to wonder why Murty would bring Cummings here in the first place if the intention was always to play a 4-2-3-1 from January onwards.  It's a one striker system and we already had a striker doing well in that position.  If Murty intended to play a 4-2-3-1 and the DoF liked the look of Moult why didn't we go after him back in December?  If we really wanted another striker surely Moult is better suited to that 4-2-3-1 formation and he was the top scorer in the league prior to leaving for PNE.

He has the confidence and swagger that you want in a Rangers player,  he's a decent finisher but his all round game isn't that good and that's why he's found minutes on the pitch hard to come by. He's definitely not a lone striker and there's a case for him to be played wide left with Murphy no10 role but that's it. 

Personally I'd save our money and look for better or I'd be offering a lot less than what's been reported.

52 minutes ago, Ross-Gazza genius said:

He has the confidence and swagger that you want in a Rangers player,  he's a decent finisher but his all round game isn't that good and that's why he's found minutes on the pitch hard to come by. He's definitely not a lone striker and there's a case for him to be played wide left with Murphy no10 role but that's it. 

Personally I'd save our money and look for better or I'd be offering a lot less than what's been reported.

There's not a case for him to be played wide left at all. He's not a wide player, he's not a number 10. He's a penalty box finisher and at this moment in time that's pretty much all he is. 

31 minutes ago, KBOO72 said:

There's not a case for him to be played wide left at all. He's not a wide player, he's not a number 10. He's a penalty box finisher and at this moment in time that's pretty much all he is. 

I think if you watch the game against Falkirk he actually played on the left when we didn't have possession and drifted more centrally when we did. 

4 hours ago, Ross-Gazza genius said:

I think if you watch the game against Falkirk he actually played on the left when we didn't have possession and drifted more centrally when we did. 

I don't give a fuck where he played or where he drifted. He isn't a left winger, left midfielder, left sided attacker or whatever else you want call it. 

24 minutes ago, KBOO72 said:

I don't give a fuck where he played or where he drifted. He isn't a left winger, left midfielder, left sided attacker or whatever else you want call it. 

He's more capable of playing there than he is playing up top himself. However as I said I wouldn't be making the deal permanent and I'd rather we save our money unless we were getting him for buttons.

Cummings definitely has arrogance and self belief and I think he has potential and would be a useful addition to our squad in the years to come.

In regard to what he is worth, that is entirely up for debate. And it hinges on what we have in the chest. If we have two million to spend in the close season, I'd say he's not a bad option for 6 or 7 hundred thousand. If we have twenty million to spend then I'd say he is  still not a bad bet for 6 or 7 hundred thousand as long as he's back up to a ten million striker. And if you think about it and believe what you read in the papers then Cummings is back up to an 11 million pound striker right now..

Personally though I don't believe for one second that we turned down 11 million for anyone in the last transfer window.