Which players in the squad would you keep?

hampden86

I would definitely get rid of players:-

Wes Foderingham
James Tavernier
Fabio Cardoso
Dalcio (what ever happens to him)
Kenny Miller (make way for young strikers)
Graham Dorrans
Josh Windass
Joe Dodoo
Eduardo Herrera
Andy Halliday
Lee Hodson
Jordan Rossiter
Alfredo Morelos
Bruno Alves
David Bates (already off to Hamburg)
Jamie Murphy
Michael O'Halloran
Russell Martin
Jamie Barjonas

I'd keep players:-

Declan John
Lee Wallace
Ryan Jack
Daniel Candeias
Jason Holt
Jak Alnwick
Jason Cummings (sign him permanently)
Sean Goss (sign him permanently)
Ross McCrorie
Greg Docherty

I'd try to sign new players:-

Danny Ward (GK from Liverpool)
Chris Berra (CB from Hearts)
Dan Burn (CB from Wigan)
Jon Flanagan (RB from Liverpool)
Ryan Gauld (CAM from Sporting Lisbon - on loan)
Ross McCormack (FW from Aston Villa)
Jordan Rhodes (FW from Sheffield Wednesday)
Charile Adam (CM from Stoke - free agent)

4 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Don't know. Need to see some of them under a proper manager to see if there's anything there. 

Which is why we need a fucking manager in now.

This. Genuinely believe we have some good talent in there but they havent been used properly. The last manager we had who could get the most out of players left nearly be ten years ago.

I would keep Docherty Mccrorie Tavernier John Jack Murphy Cummings Candeias and Dorrans at a push the rest can fuck off  Im not including morelos because I think he will be off anyway, I just dont get the love in some of our fans have for foderingham he is utter pish everything just seems to fly past him.

7 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Don't know. Need to see some of them under a proper manager to see if there's anything there. 

Which is why we need a fucking manager in now.

This. We can't judge because they've not had a manager so once we get that them we'll see who is worth keeping 

Just now, jjbscotty12 said:

I would keep Docherty Mccrorie Tavernier John Jack Murphy Cummings Candeias and Dorrans at a push the rest can fuck off  Im not including morelos because I think he will be off anyway, I just dont get the love in some of our fans have for foderingham he is utter pish everything just seems to fly past him.

Been saying for a long time. Foderingham is not Rangers class.  

In an ideal world punt the lot of them but since we can't afford to replace them all plus a few additions for squad strength we'll have to keep a few.  It just highlights the failure of the club since we made it back to the top league. We should just be topping up the quality year on year, not having annual mass clear outs.

I would keep mainly the younger players like McCrorie, Docherty, John and replace the rest with better quality and supplement with players from the youth teams. Don't understand why anyone would want to keep Tav, Fod, Wallace, Candeias or Dorrans.  They are just as horrendous as the rest of the losers.  A total clear out is required starting with the manager.

None of them. I said it previously and it sounded like sour grapes but everyone from candeais to mccrorie can go. I can accept getting beat but not in this manner. So far this season the player have let the club down at every level and should be made aware of this. The days of players like dorrans coming here to wind his career down should be over. Im disgusted with the whole thing. Problem is i renewed my 2 season books on friday.  Fuckin raging is an understatement 

I might be showing my age and I’m certainly not having ‘wait til a decent manager comes in to judge them’  pish there are currently only TWO players in that squad who have the swagger to play for us. McCrorie and Cummings. Has Tav progressed into a top player since he arrived? Compare his progress to Robertson at Liverpool. You could go through the whole team and struggle to find anyone who has improved at all. I’m not going to call the coach on the sidelines a manager because he never will be. Two teams have pumped that mob by getting at their back four we on the other hand sit off them and allow them to bring the ball out to Brown who must fuckin love playing against us. Can the coach really not see how weak we are in the middle of the park? His team selections are fuckin bizarre and the respect he shows to these cunts fuckin sickens me, he’s a fuckin loser who is out of his depth and is slowly dragging us down with him. Whilst I appreciate he has been put in this position by a clueless, potless, lethargic bunch of chancers who quite literally have taken us out of the frying pan and into the fire. Seriously what the fuck have Robertson and Murray done in the outside world that qualifies them for a seat on our board. I’m beginning to think that our only chance of changing things is for one of the rank and file bears to win the euro millions and buy out the rest of the shysters...

That’s the problem, we’re so bad collectively that everyone looks average at best.  No doubt there are some decent players in there if they had better players alongside them but at the moment all players are being dragged down by our collective uselessness.

The way I'm feeling today I'd get the rid of the lot of them. 

A lot will depend on the new manager.

But I'd only keep Tav unless good offer comes in, John, Mccrorie, Jack, Docherty, Murphy, Candieas and Cummings. The rest can go. 

In the summer we need a spine brought in. GK, CB, CM and CF.

1 hour ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Only player I would be sad at leaving is McCrorie in all honesty, Murphy if I'm being kind.

People mentioning Declan John :lol: 

Shocker today but think theres a player in McCrorie , the rest are fuckin dross and we would be no worse off losing any of them.

Who stays.  Who goes.   It's that time of the season approaching fast.   The trouble is its not even clear who will be managing the team next season and its his view on what he thinks he may be able to do differently that might produce far better form from some players.   Right now I'd be hard pressed to say with any sort of positive confidence which of the players I'd like to see in a Rangers jersey next season.   All of them are either failing or underperforming or downright disappeared from view and certainly not playing with a sort of flair and skill and ambition that I'd like to see in a Rangers jersey.  Right now they could do a wholesale clearout of an already bloated squad at Rangers and replace them with fresh faces and I don't think it'd bother me much who left.   Whether I'd be enthused by the new faces is another matter altogether.

Starts with the manager though doesn't it?   Maybe a proper football manager with good experience of managing top sides might have a bit of a positive transforming effect on some of the existing players.  The trouble is I'm having difficulty seeing it.......which is why I'm not a football manager.   But surely we need the new manager first then the player clearout.    

I suppose a lot of the players will want out.   Those not playing and not even on the fringes of first team games.  There are a few of those. Then those on loan will return to parent clubs unless we have an option to buy and its an option the new manager is prepared to exercise and which can be afforded.    Some players are out of contract soon (eg Miller?) so maybe they don't get new contracts.      Imagine Miller and Boyd at Kilmarnock hammering in tons of goals between them next season eh with the pressures of playing for an unsuccessful Rangers lifted from their shoulders (as is already the case for Boyd of course).  

This season has been so bad I actually can't think of any players I believe should be kept on.   But clearly there will have to be some kept on, if nothing else because they are still unfortunately under contract. 

I'd like to see and hear what changes would be proposed when a proper football manager is appointed.  That, I think, is a case of first things first.  

2 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Probably McCrorie and at a push Docherty, Jack, Dorrans, Murphy and Tav. Only McCrorie our of that team gets in a starting line up.

The rest can go.

unbelievable after today that you single out mccrorie. he was the worst player on the park today until he got sent off. him and docherty shouldn't be near our starting eleven. 

3 minutes ago, bam74 said:

unbelievable after today that you single out mccrorie. he was the worst player on the park today until he got sent off. him and docherty shouldn't be near our starting eleven. 

He’s got decent enough potential.

I thought Halliday and Docherty were worse but to tell you the truth I couldn’t see much of the game cause of the pishy view I had at Hampden.

No real desire to watch it back either.