Cummings

graeme_4

Cummings.  

709 members have voted

1. 1. Sign him up or let him go?

• Sign (£600k or so)
    • Let him go

It's with huge regret I think of the players we as a club have let slip through our fingers over the years by casting aside too soon. Morelos hasn't as yet lived up to his early season promise with some god awful finishing, especially of late...... However, let's give him the chance to shine for another season at least. 

With a fresh coach and hopefully some proper tuition to knock off those rough edges we could end up with a player on our hands. 

True he hasn't set the heather on fire as we'd hoped but imo he's done enough to merit a bit more patience. 

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Lord Lockin said:

He's away down the pecking order in my book when it comes to getting slagged off - he gets no support and has to battle alone every game, very few chances created for him and a lot of players have been shit a lot longer than him - but hey, their Rangers men

I can see where you are coming from but you have to be kidden if you think he doesn’t get many chances? He’s wasteful as fuck and misses sitters every game even tuesday night he had atleast two clear cut strikes he just smashes straight at people.

Even Lafferty has 19 goals this season. I think any Rangers striker with Morelos game time would be around that figure with the amount of chances he’s had.

41 minutes ago, The No.9 said:

I can see where you are coming from but you have to be kidden if you think he doesn’t get many chances? He’s wasteful as fuck and misses sitters every game even tuesday night he had atleast two clear cut strikes he just smashes straight at people.

Even Lafferty has 19 goals this season. I think any Rangers striker with Morelos game time would be around that figure with the amount of chances he’s had.

Compare that game time to Cummings... 

Dropped after scoring a hat trick for Morelos when Morelos misses sitter after sitter after sitter.

If Cummings doesn’t give a fuck any more I can understand why.

Rangers have opened talks with Jason Cummings over a permanent move - according to reports. 

The on-loan Nottingham Forest striker has scored six goals since his January arrival but has largely played second fiddle to Alfredo Morelos.

Cummings' deal at the English Championship club is set to expire this summer and, according to the Express, Rangers are keen to thrash out a cut-price deal. 

The former Hibs striker cost Forest £1million in June 2017 but Ibrox director of football Mark Allen is reportedly keen to pay well short of that figure.

Rangers kicked off their summer business with the capture of Scott Arfield from Burnley on a four-year deal.

Former keeper Allan McGregor is also set to return north from Hull City as Steven Gerrardlooks to overhaul his squad.

looks like we might be signing him than if we can get for around 600k would be a decent option 

With Morelos likely to leave and we can get Cummings for 600k then for me it's a no brainer. We've only really seen him up front himself or wide left which has never been his game.

He'll score goals in this league if played correctly. 

1 minute ago, Frank de Bear said:

Shouldn't be signing Cummings. Quite simply he's not good enough and not of the standard required if we're looking to mount a credible title challenge next season.

Same goes for Alfie. He's shite,

Haha

31 minutes ago, MrMckee said:

Rangers have opened talks with Jason Cummings over a permanent move - according to reports. 

The on-loan Nottingham Forest striker has scored six goals since his January arrival but has largely played second fiddle to Alfredo Morelos.

Cummings' deal at the English Championship club is set to expire this summer and, according to the Express, Rangers are keen to thrash out a cut-price deal. 

The former Hibs striker cost Forest £1million in June 2017 but Ibrox director of football Mark Allen is reportedly keen to pay well short of that figure.

Rangers kicked off their summer business with the capture of Scott Arfield from Burnley on a four-year deal.

Former keeper Allan McGregor is also set to return north from Hull City as Steven Gerrardlooks to overhaul his squad.

looks like we might be signing him than if we can get for around 600k would be a decent option 

Surprised given how little he’s offered. 

Not the standard required to win the league. Wouldn’t get near the filth’s squad. 

12 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Surprised given how little he’s offered. 

Not the standard required to win the league. Wouldn’t get near the filth’s squad. 

Hard to offer much when you’re generally only given 10/15 minutes here & there! 

1 hour ago, Jack The Flipper said:

Compare that game time to Cummings... 

Dropped after scoring a hat trick for Morelos when Morelos misses sitter after sitter after sitter.

If Cummings doesn’t give a fuck any more I can understand why.

You obviously detest the Buffalo and what about how he must feel, 2 wide men that hardly ever leave the touch line, a midfield that never get up to support him, long balls in the air for him to battle against two sometime three players - I was at the game on Tuesday and lost count of the number of time I looked at the park and noticed not one Rangars player within 30 yards of Morelos - and you can understand Cummings no giving a fuck

Good replacement for Miller and Herrera so unsure why people have such a problem with it. He’s played in a two up top three times this season? Ayr,  Falkirk and when we were getting beat 5-0 off them. 

He deserves a chance in an attacking formation that would suit him to show what he can do. I like him and think he’d be a decent addition. 

2 hours ago, The No.9 said:

first one great movement, didn't connect properly, decent save by the keeper, second one brilliant block by the Aberdeen defender and probably Laff (  who most didn't want back ) got more chances created for him this season

I’m hoping that Gerrard has more than one tactic in mind with one of these having two actual strikers as that’s where Cummings will be most successful.

We need a squad and we need to have versatility to have different options for different matches. Whether it’s hard working strong midfielders, pacey wingers, target man striker, deep lying striker, poacher etc. etc.

If the manager reckons Cummings has the right attitude and ability to be of use to him next year then why not?

If we only have a few million to spend then there are other areas we need to prioritise but the very fact we are going ahead with this for the rumoured 600k suggests we have enough money to do so and still have plenty for reworking the rest of the squad.

17 minutes ago, Lord Lockin said:

You obviously detest the Buffalo and what about how he must feel, 2 wide men that hardly ever leave the touch line, a midfield that never get up to support him, long balls in the air for him to battle against two sometime three players - I was at the game on Tuesday and lost count of the number of time I looked at the park and noticed not one Rangars player within 30 yards of Morelos - and you can understand Cummings no giving a fuck

1 of those widemen is the best creator in the league this season.

1 hour ago, MrMckee said:

Cummings' deal at the English Championship club is set to expire this summer 

He signed a 3-year deal at the start of the season. Why would we pay £600k if his deal expires in the summer? 

28 minutes ago, Lord Lockin said:

I detest the whole squad, I’ve made that very clear.

Fed up with “potential”. We need “proven”. 

Players with potential should be squad players. Training with the first team and brought through over time. 

£600k for a squad player is £600k less to spend on a proven goalscorer 

We should take him on a free or a nominal fee and tell Cummings he should fight like fuck to get off the bench/wider squad. 

3 hours ago, Gazza1212 said:

It's with huge regret I think of the players we as a club have let slip through our fingers over the years by casting aside too soon. Morelos hasn't as yet lived up to his early season promise with some god awful finishing, especially of late...... However, let's give him the chance to shine for another season at least. 

With a fresh coach and hopefully some proper tuition to knock off those rough edges we could end up with a player on our hands. 

True he hasn't set the heather on fire as we'd hoped but imo he's done enough to merit a bit more patience. 

Let me think about that for a second.

No.

29 minutes ago, OhW said:

He signed a 3-year deal at the start of the season. Why would we pay £600k if his deal expires in the summer? 

God knows a question for the rebel. Lazy journalism more than likely 

Archived