Cummings.  

709 members have voted

1. 1. Sign him up or let him go?

• Sign (£600k or so)
    • Let him go

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’d be happy to see him stay, he’s the first player in ages that, for some odd reason, the kids look up to and adore.

Yes, he does need to kick on and maybe shift the votes for here, as it’s no surprise that it’s pretty even. I’d be happy to see him stay though, I think he will always get you goals. Just not as an isolated striker. He made a big difference coming on, purely through presence rather than substance.

16 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Fed up with “potential”. We need “proven”. 

Players with potential should be squad players. Training with the first team and brought through over time. 

£600k for a squad player is £600k less to spend on a proven goalscorer 

We should take him on a free or a nominal fee and tell Cummings he should fight like fuck to get off the bench/wider squad. 

What kind of wages is he going to be on?

Murty didn't give him a chance but he has now had that chance and he hasn't taken it IMO, He's still quite young  so might improve but 600k could be used to bring in a big strong physical Striker who will put the fear into defenders. 

He will get his chance at the Weekend and I wouldn't make a decision until after that game, If he goes hiding like the tarrier game the hip him out.

25 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Glad we are in talks but whys there talks? I thought the fee for him and Murphy were both set in stone with us on first refusal?

That was my understanding as well! They were loans with an option to buy in the summer at an agreed fee?

2 hours ago, Frank de Bear said:

Shouldn't be signing Cummings. Quite simply he's not good enough and not of the standard required if we're looking to mount a credible title challenge next season.

Same goes for Alfie. He's shite,

You'll know better than Stevie G then, aye?

2 hours ago, K.A.I said:

Glad we are in talks but whys there talks? I thought the fee for him and Murphy were both set in stone with us on first refusal?

Murphy is, think the talk of Cummings being agreed was the usual 'ITK' pish on here and FF

1 hour ago, Blue Avenger said:

Now watch Morelos get bumped in the summer and for the knock down fee that he is really worth.

It's weird how excited you are for a guy that has done zilch since leaving Hibs, yet constantly talk down our top scorer who has 64 goals in 104 games at 21 years old

6 minutes ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

How many full games has Cummings played for us? Unfair to judge him on a few minutes here and there and the odd game where he gets subbed anyway.

Maybe if he was good he’d get a game?

Just checked the stats. In our last 12 first team games, Jason Cummings has;

• Played three full games (One of those being our 5-0 gubbing by them and his only full game in the last seven)
  • Played no part - two games
  • Came on as sub - five games totaling 106 minutes, or averaging just over 21 mins each
  • Started but been substituted - two games
  • Consecutive starts - two
  • Consecutive full games - none

In many cases,  a club's main striker is their "flagship" player. This is certainly true many times in Rangers past. Can we seriously judge any player long term on the stats above? Surely not!!!

Archived