Ryan Jack speaks on Tackle by Kipre

Lloyd

‘Rangers supporters were unhappy that Murty didn’t back his player and Jack said: “Everyone obviously has different opinions.

“If you sat 10 people, maybe five would say it was a shocking tackle and five would say it wasn’t too bad.’

20 minutes ago, The Dude said:

‘Rangers supporters were unhappy that Murty didn’t back his player and Jack said: “Everyone obviously has different opinions.

“If you sat 10 people, maybe five would say it was a shocking tackle and five would say it wasn’t too bad.’

Who said the Second quote??

Happened right in front of me and Kipre had no intention of going for the ball, he went in over the top and made sure he hurt Jack.

The ref seen it and let play continue and i was stunned he never at least booked him for it when play stopped.

That's my recollection of it.

10 minutes ago, markem said:

Soon as I seen this thread I knew you'd be straight in making sure that your position of all being fair and equal with refs isn't compromised.  Honestly.

Even if your 'all is fair' point stood up, it's not really the point is it? - it was a fucking shocking tackle on Jack that ended his season and didn't apparently merit a foul. 

I've not made any point about referees  in this thread. If anything the point that was made was about Murty than the referees.

2 hours ago, Ivybank said:

Why didn't jack say so at the time? Couldn't believe he never, no point now . 

Can't be a coincidence this is coming out now not long after Gerrard taking charge. 

Does further highlight the pressing need to punt murty to fuck before he passes his weak philosophy on to the youth any longer 

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I've not made any point about referees  in this thread. If anything the point that was made was about Murty than the referees.

As expected you've picked up where you left off on this debate previously in that you'll say whatever it takes to win the point - you know fine well what the motivation behind your comment was, absolutely transparent.

Fully appreciate I started it but I'm not going to do this dance all day again, waste of time.

9 hours ago, K.A.I said:

It was a horrendous tackle when you see it from a certain angle (the camera in the Broomloan Stand looking out to it). Totally intentional IMO.

It's a shame that the replay that shows you the ref's view of it doesn't do the tackle justice or the dirty bastard would have got a straight red for it.

Why would he have got a straight red for it? How many assaults on our players last season resulted in a straight red? 

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

He's not going to come out and go through Murty publicly while he still works for the club is he?

Just now, markem said:

As expected you've picked up where you left off on this debate previously in that you'll say whatever it takes to win the point - you know fine well what the motivation behind your comment was, absolutely transparent.

Fully appreciate I started it but I'm not going to do this dance all day again, waste of time.

I do know what the motivation of my comment was. Far better than you do. ?

Just now, Goosetav said:

He's not going to come out and go through Murty publicly while he still works for the club is he?

He doesn't need to. He can say he disagrees with Murty's view on it however. I don't know why everyone thinks he needs to take the nuclear option re: Murty or say nothing. Jack's not a daft laddie and is a bit more intelligent and eloquent than many other footballers. He could easily say that he felt Murty called it wrong without 'going through him', 'undermining him' or anything else that causes some sort of internal problem at the club.

Just now, cushynumber said:

I was amazed at Murtys comments at the time. It was clearly a tackle designed to injure. Kipre sees jack and does him. Murty was such a spineless, no confrontation, persona

Yet he still has a job at the club preparing our kids for first team football

Madness

I do know what the motivation of my comment was. Far better than you do. ?

So you were just ensuring Murty's full quote was represented and you used language like 'it's interesting you left that out' and it's just a coincidence that the very referenced sentence supports your argument about refs?

Ok then Dude, ok.

For what it's worth I think you are making the mistake of being a Rangers fan journalist and thinking you need to be seen to be balanced to the point that you're tipping the balance to far the other way.  Which is a shame, as we lack genuine any sort of representation in the areas you have established yourself.

Just now, markem said:

So you were just ensuring Murty's full quote was represented and you used language like 'it's interesting you left that out' and it's just a coincidence that the very referenced sentence supports your argument about refs?

Ok then Dude, ok.

For what it's worth I think you are making the mistake of being a Rangers far journo and thinking you need to be seen to be balanced to the point that you're tipping the balance to far the other way.  Which is a shame, as we lack genuine any sort of representation in the areas you have established yourself.

No, because it was Ryan Jack's quote not Murty's. The very bit that was missed, imo at least, shows that Jack disagreed with the part of the OP that was in bold and directly making reference to the way Murty handled it at the time and his comments.

Correct me if I'm wrong here but what you're saying is that we constantly piss and moan about wanting 'balance' - as long as that balance is skewed towards Rangers?

Just now, cushynumber said:

gerrard and mulholland made the decision that murty stays with the kids?

Yes, with Mark Allen.

Yeah maybe if they were five Sellick fans and five Rangers fans.