Ryan Jack speaks on Tackle by Kipre

Lloyd

4 minutes ago, EverestGers said:

The Dude is still the biggest roaster on this forum. Fuck the Daily Record ya snake in the grass ??

Hi whatever previously banned poster you are. I guess we should just follow your lead and piss and whine on the internet without actually doing anything.

It was a disgusting tackle. Is this the kind of stuff that VAR will pull up and punish? 

Surely if the ref had a different angle view of it, it would have been straight red and potentially a longer ban based on the malicious intent?

2 hours ago, plumbGER said:

Happened right in front of me and Kipre had no intention of going for the ball, he went in over the top and made sure he hurt Jack.

The ref seen it and let play continue and i was stunned he never at least booked him for it when play stopped.

That's my recollection of it.

That's the thing for me. The rest of us who weren t at the game can sit and analyse the replays and see it from different angles, and make a judgement.

The guys sat watching it at the game see it in real time and know right away now bad it was. It's instinctual, and those are the opinions i would listen to.

29 minutes ago, Negri's lovechild said:

That's the thing for me. The rest of us who weren t at the game can sit and analyse the replays and see it from different angles, and make a judgement.

The guys sat watching it at the game see it in real time and know right away now bad it was. It's instinctual, and those are the opinions i would listen to.

Yip, you heard the reaction and seen the concern on peoples faces after the tackle and knew it was a bad one, not saying you wouldn't have caught that on video but possibly not the whole picture.

Tbf when i watched it back i was even more annoyed as you can clearly see his intent but it only confirmed what i already thought.

I thought the ref woukd have called it back and booked him but when he didn't i said to my mate that at least the compliance officer could pick it up, how stupid did i sound?:lol:

29 minutes ago, roboscot said:

It was a disgusting tackle. Is this the kind of stuff that VAR will pull up and punish? 

Surely if the ref had a different angle view of it, it would have been straight red and potentially a longer ban based on the malicious intent?

We don't NEED var though for things like this. The ref was looking at it and gave nothing. The same as he watched the Allen challenge on Rossiter and deemed it only a yellow. There was nothing obstructing their view in either incident. They saw it fully and opted for their course of action.

There is every likelihood they wouldn't opt to review or change their decision as that would be considered as originally failing with their wrong decision.

Var won't change awful / biased / corrupt refs 

Shocking tackle on Jack but wasn't just Jack look at Cardoso broken nose and a lot more players getting booted up the and down the park and the refs not seeing a thing. We do need somthing for safety of our players but hope to fuck our new players start hitting back this year 

1 minute ago, roboscot said:

True @Sportingintegritymyarse the tackle on Rossiter was a shocker as well.  Red all day long.

The tackle was a red. The fact you could tell it was retribution for a challenge a few minutes earlier simply compounded the clear intent.

Arguably the worst decision of the season for me, and by fuck there's been a few, given the intent to injure and nature of the foul.

8 hours ago, GeeSS said:

The ref didn’t even give a free kick !

Absolutely. I would have liked Jack to make that point and say it was a worse take than the one he got a straight red for at Aberdeen. That was a genuine coming together of 2 players.

3 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

No

Fair enough. Think you are very much in the minority. I assume that means you felt Murty could make the grade as a Rangers manager. Would you have given him another 1, 2, 3 ..... years

5 hours ago, plumbGER said:

Happened right in front of me and Kipre had no intention of going for the ball, he went in over the top and made sure he hurt Jack.

The ref seen it and let play continue and i was stunned he never at least booked him for it when play stopped.

That's my recollection of it.

Thought exactly the same from my view of it at the time. 

Glad jacks back and the club/he is actually came out and said it. Further cements the idea we aren’t interested in bridge building.

This needs to be the norm however, plenty players would happily injure our boys and they need protection and the offenders seen too. 

It also leaks into saying referees are shite which is true. Beaton the same referee who straight red carded jack but done nothing with stokes in the hibs opener despite after giving tav and stokes a booking for a challenge that easily could’ve been red for stokes. Yet sees nothing in this callenge. 

officials need held to a higher standard, referees and compliance officers especially, there is far too much inconsistency in the scottish referee ranks. 

It was a terrible tackle and should have been a red on the night. I said at the time that Murty was too busy trying to be everyone’s friend that he came out with a wishy washy statement. Whether that as his opinion (wrong) or not, given Jack’s sendings off before that, he missed a glaring opportunity to put pressure on officials the same way St Brenda or Popcorn teeth would have done.  I hope Gerrard learns quickly that you need to play that game up here.  You compare what Jack got sent off for against Hibs, Kilmarnock and Aberdeen and the compare this tackle and, regardless of what you think about Kipre’s tackle, you raise questions to put doubt in officials minds.