Are the facts pointing towards a real vendetta against The Rangers

backup

Coincidence or vendetta.  

279 members have voted

1. 1. Are the contentious decisions awarded against us coincidence or vendetta.

1 hour ago, Coplander2 said:

I'll bet that bothered you when the assistant got simunovic sent off last season.  There's more than one official for a reason.

That must be the only decision we have had in the last 12 OF games

It was night and day a red card but we only debate it ,as the beggars question every call that goes against them in these games 

We ridicule this all the time 

Yet it's a clear tactic they have been doing for decades 

And now it's clearly paying off   

1 minute ago, backup said:

Which is not confined to yesterday.

I know. there is a list longer than your arm and mine added together in the last 2 seasons .

there may well be a vendetta but for me it's not from the refs ,they are shit scared to give anything against us that isn't a nailed on decision .

Look back to the first game against Motherwell last season we get a penalty .a stonewaller of the kind that don't get picked up on very often 

The penalty was debated to death by the media all week and by the end of the week perception had went from a stone wall pen into the ref helping us out .

The vendetta is in society and the media while the refs are just scared to give anything for us that is deemed favourable. 

Compare yesterday's red card to the red card that big taig fud got for elbowing morelos ,Media campaign was that it was soft everybody and their dug got their 2 pence worth in to make it look like it was harsh .Very little will said now about yesterday. maybe the odd soundbite.

The game we played the tarriers after that red card .Mcrorie sees red for something that probably should have been a yellow yet there is no other reaction from the MSM that he deserved a red 

The refs are fucked here now because of media 

2 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

I know. there is a list longer than your arm and mine added together in the last 2 seasons .

there may well be a vendetta but for me it's not from the refs ,they are shit scared to give anything against us that isn't a nailed on decision .

Look back to the first game against Motherwell last season we get a penalty .a stonewaller of the kind that don't get picked up on very often 

The penalty was debated to death by the media all week and by the end of the week perception had went from a stone wall pen into the ref helping us out .

The vendetta is in society and the media while the refs are just scared to give anything for us that is deemed favourable. 

Compare yesterday's red card to the red card that big taig fud got for elbowing morelos ,Media campaign was that it was soft everybody and their dug got their 2 pence worth in to make it look like it was harsh .Very little will said now about yesterday. maybe the odd soundbite.

The game we played the tarriers after that red card .Mcrorie sees red for something that probably should have been a yellow yet there is no other reaction from the MSM that he deserved a red 

The refs are fucked here now because of media 

Can't disagree with any of that. i think back to broon's overturned red of last season, after what I witnessed yesterday.

1 minute ago, backup said:

Can't disagree with any of that. i think back to broon's overturned red of last season, after what I witnessed yesterday.

that cunt is untouchable .probably got a full apology after the card was overturned.

just like the ref apologised to Brenda for the penalty they got against them 

I wouldnt say its a vendetta in the true sense of the word, but more of an indicator of how Scottish Football in general see us at the moment.

A few years ago, you would get the odd fan of say Motherwell, Kilmarnock, St Johnstone whoever, saying that they preferred us out of the old firm but with the whole demotion thing absolutley everyone hates us! From top to bottom you either like us or you hate us, there doesnt appear to a middle ground and I think that translates across the entire spectrum of Scottish Football from Refs, Players, Managers, Press...all of them.

I think what the manager said yesterday summed up the position perfectly and he used words regarding the appeal etc that were incredibly measured yet this morning the headlines are about him 'screaming of conspiracy' or 'the worst possible start for Gerrard'!

The whole thing just makes me love the club more and will do everything to help them succeed, we just need some help from the players and I think that will come this season.

Neither

Theres been a culture of fear among officials when it comes to giving decisions involving Rangers players since the campaign of intimidation by the taigs, added to by the atmosphere of absolute hatred against our club by the rest of Scottish football and driven by a media with a clear agenda which is pro one team, This imo has led to referees when faced with a decision involving us, instinctively taking the easier option.

looking back i still cant believe that Jelavic was correctly given a pen when kicked in the knee cap in full flight only for the referee to change his mind because scum players ran towards him and told him to.

A sure portent of things to come

2 hours ago, backup said:

Did not realise the ref was right on top of this which makes his decision here ludicrous !

imgID167914007.jpg.gallery.jpg

May be an unpopular opinion but I think Arfields yellow was far more undeserved than the sending off. Watched the incident a few times and his body language is neutral at worst. He just stands his ground after being grabbed by the jersey and the Aberdeen player leans in towards him with his head. How that resulted in a booking is beyond me. Arfields not daft obviously because he literally just stands there knowing fine well that mong of a ref is only yards away.

Said all about I can on this last year (notably those with the most to say then seem pretty quiet now). Along with their partners in the media other clubs established a culture (our dignified silence hasn’t helped) that there is a consequence to be seeing to favour us rather than against us.  That is now manifesting in decisions being made. Get it wrong in our favour and you’ll be headline news for some time, their will be consequences on a personal and profession level, get it wrong against us and it’ll (in the past) go away quickly.  

Some people will never be convinced on this, that is a clear, I just don’t know how they can’t see it or it surprises anyone when considering what’s been and gone in this country. Refs had to strike ffs. 

FWIW I don’t think there is a ‘I’m going to cheat’ thought process but I don’t believe they can referee with impartiality - no one will ever convince me he doesn’t send ball off because he’s a shite ref, he knows the rule, that little seed of doubt though....if I have this wrong and have gave a pen and a red.  

9 minutes ago, Del said:

I wouldnt say its a vendetta in the true sense of the word, but more of an indicator of how Scottish Football in general see us at the moment.

A few years ago, you would get the odd fan of say Motherwell, Kilmarnock, St Johnstone whoever, saying that they preferred us out of the old firm but with the whole demotion thing absolutley everyone hates us! From top to bottom you either like us or you hate us, there doesnt appear to a middle ground and I think that translates across the entire spectrum of Scottish Football from Refs, Players, Managers, Press...all of them.

I think what the manager said yesterday summed up the position perfectly and he used words regarding the appeal etc that were incredibly measured yet this morning the headlines are about him 'screaming of conspiracy' or 'the worst possible start for Gerrard'!

The whole thing just makes me love the club more and will do everything to help them succeed, we just need some help from the players and I think that will come this season.

Yup - It was acceptable for a fellow pro in this country to say one of our players was going to get his leg broke, basically for having a bit of skill. The attitude towards us is appalling. 

7 minutes ago, markem said:

Yup - It was acceptable for a fellow pro in this country to say one of our players was going to get his leg broke, basically for having a bit of skill. The attitude towards us is appalling. 

Exactly, I dont think there is a vendetta/agenda or a group meeting where people are conspiring to hurt Rangers, its just their natural reaction...they hate us!

1 hour ago, slimjim1690 said:

This is true, however the linesman in this occasion is a lying bastard when he says he never witnessed the 2nd barge, and that is outright cheating and that is impossible for you to defend.

I'm not defending anyone.  Certainly not Morelos for a blatant kick.  I cant believe so many on here are defending him for his stupidity.

31 minutes ago, Getstiffed said:

May be an unpopular opinion but I think Arfields yellow was far more undeserved than the sending off. Watched the incident a few times and his body language is neutral at worst. He just stands his ground after being grabbed by the jersey and the Aberdeen player leans in towards him with his head. How that resulted in a booking is beyond me. Arfields not daft obviously because he literally just stands there knowing fine well that mong of a ref is only yards away.

Yup. And Nancy took the fucking cowards option of two yellows.

7 hours ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

I genuinely think that there is a real problem in us getting fair treatment.

The problem stems from just how much we are hated by everyone else in this fucking country.

No matter how bad a call is against us, through social media or phone-ins, there will be more input defending the decision than saying we were hard done by.

When a decision goes against celtic, or indeed anyone playing against us, phone lines get bombarded, social media explodes, the referees life gets ripped apart.

I think these consequences play into the minds of the refs, subconsciously at least, so they are far quicker to give a decision against us or avoid giving one to our opposition. 

Good post mate. Agree with all of this 100%.

5 hours ago, Coplander2 said:

McKenna fouled Morelos twice prior to him lashing out, why wasn't McKenna at the very least booked for his actions?

He used his shoulder to jostle him, cant take that out of the game.  They werent fouls.

Why wasn't Ball at the very least booked for pulling back Windass in the box, making no attempt to go for the ball.

Could have been red carded for that.

McKay Steven threw the ball with force at Windass(?) Isn't that a bookable offence?

GMS couldnt throw anything with force.

Why was Arfield booked when Devlin grabbed his shirt and forced his face into Arfield's?

This pisses me off.  any handbags and the ref books both players as if thats the fair answer.  happens all the time but its crap.

Why was Goldson booked?

bad foul

Why wasn't May at the very least booked for jumping into Jack with what appeared to be deliberate intentbto injure?

He went for and got the ball.  I agree it was probably malicious but difficult for ref to see that.

And just where did the referee get the idea for 6 minutes extra time?

Injuries and subs,  minutes wasnt excessive.

You are in denial.

I haven't read all the posts on this thread, but here goes.

There is a vendetta, no doubt about, how many times do we look at who is going to be ref at the next game and instantly conclude (mostly right)  that a player will be sent off / a penalty awarded against us, etc.

Coincidental ? no way.

Vendetta ?  Spot on.

Put it this way we have spent the last 6 years to one extent or another fighting ourselves so would it really be a surprise if lawwell used this time to strengthen septic's position in the game?

Look at yesterdays game as an example  not only was the wrong team down to 10 but the sheep get an unprecedented 6 minutes at the end to try and get something out of the game. ... I wish I could say this was an atypical match since we returned  but I think we would all agree it's far from that.