Jump to content

Joe garner


Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

You are right mate, wrong place, wrong timing. We have moved on from mediocre dross. Tonight is about talking and celebrating a European night.

I get that but any extra money coming in on mediocre players is positive as well. Was only curious 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Garner and Waghorn were selt as a job lot,surprised we even had the foresight to command a sell on fee for waghorn,but then he did go for a few million before rotting on a clubs bench before we picked him up for relative pennies

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Ross-Gazza genius said:

Apologise if this has already been posted or if it's in the wrong place. 

Joe garner signed for Wigan in a £1.25 million deal, did we have a sell on in this as well?

I think we probably did have a sell-on clause which I expect would be 10% as that seems pretty much to be the norm these days.

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, DC76 said:

Garner and Waghorn were selt as a job lot,surprised we even had the foresight to command a sell on fee for waghorn,but then he did go for a few million before rotting on a clubs bench before we picked him up for relative pennies

Hardly a job lot.  Two totally separate deals as Garner signed for Ipswich on 16 June and Waghorn signed on  7 August.

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, JCDBigBear said:

Hardly a job lot.  Two totally separate deals as Garner signed for Ipswich on 16 June and Waghorn signed on  7 August.

Well pardon me I thought the two deals were closer than that.. nevertheless,mcCarthy was braggin about how cheap he got them for and it proved to be true with Waghorn moving for about 7m

Link to post
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, DC76 said:

Well pardon me I thought the two deals were closer than that.. nevertheless,mcCarthy was braggin about how cheap he got them for and it proved to be true with Waghorn moving for about 7m

Waghorn scored 16 goals in 46 games for Ipswich which I suppose is a fair return but when we sold him there was no queue of buyers.  Now at his 9th club which is not the sign of a regular scorer.  To date he has only had 3 decent seasons in his career and none in the top flight.  Derby are mad to pay such an inflated fee in my opinion.   Anyway we bought Waghorn for a nominal sum from Wigan along with Tavernier.  Think the total cost was £260k 75% of which was for Tav.  We made money selling Waghorn and get 10% of an inflated sell-on.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Upcoming Events

    No upcoming events found
×
×
  • Create New...