Tav tonight

BlueThunder

If Tav just leaves his man to go and try and pick up the guy Candeias let go then it pulls the whole defence out of shape, creates a massive hole and leaves our centre halves at a 3 vs 2 disadvantage with one of their forwards looking at a tap in if the full back can play the ball across the box.

Candieas was slack and let his man run off of him but from that point on for the guy to hit a strike that 9 out of 10 times would have gone miles into the stand that cleanly you just hold your hands up and say it was a cracking goal.

Think criticising Candeias for the goal is as unfair as criticising Tav. 

Like Morelos he ran his heart out, whether making runs or closing  down  Maribor defenders.

At the game I thought Tav was at fault and could have been closer to the scorer but having watched it back there was nothing wrong with his positioning and the goal was down to a great strike rather than poor defending.

7 hours ago, GOAT said:

Has a good game, but was still at fault for the goal. 

What????  No he wasn’t it was a first time shot in a million absolutely nothing Tav could do about it  actually the goal comes from left hand side and switch to right for the finish which was unstoppable.  

Every goal scored against us from the right isn’t the fault of Tav and believe it or not sometimes you just have to put your hands up and say that was a good goal !

47 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

No he wasn't, some of his defending was exceptional unless you meant to post in the Flanagan thread?

Both of them were poor in the first half.

Im not blaming Tav for the goal by the way but a couple of times he was well caught out and smashing the ball at Katic nearly cost us a goal.

6 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Im not blaming Tav for the goal by the way but a couple of times he was well caught out and smashing the ball at Katic nearly cost us a goal.

I’m so glad I don’t watch football through your eyes bud must be depressing as fuck anyway, carry on

He definitely wasn’t poor.

Don't know how you can say that mate?

He had a good game.

Gets a bit of a raw deal at times. He's asked to get forward so yes he gets caught out, he's not superman, he's not going to make up 30 yards on someone on the counter, it's up to the defensive mid or centre backs to come across and cut out the space if he's out of place.

Thought some of his touches looked quite nervy in the first half 

I thought he was going to have one of those games when nothing seems to go for you 

Glad I was wrong and he settled in the second half and played very well