Tav tonight

BlueThunder

Great moment at the end as Gerrard demonstrated real class in waiting to shake the hand of EVERY player, from both sides, as they came off. When he got to Tav, he said something to him that meant a lot to them both and there was warmth in the handshake and arm round the shoulder. Tav then moves on to McAllister for a proper hug and another wee word or two. Genuine respect and affection.

Been a long time since I’ve seen that spirit in our club.

Gentlemen, there will be challenges to be overcome and foes to be defeated but I am certain of one thing tonight - we are on our way back

:UK:

Just now, bluenoz said:

Our second half display tonight was the best in probably a decade Goat. surely you can recognize that. Why can't we just focus on that for a least a night ?

I don’t think I’ve said otherwise....?  

Just now, Colin Traive said:

Great moment at the end as Gerrard demonstrated real class in waiting to shake the hand of EVERY player, from both sides, as they came off. When he got to Tav, he said something to him that meant a lot to them both and there was warmth in the handshake and arm round the shoulder. Tav then moves on to McAllister for a proper hug and another wee word or two. Genuine respect and affection.

Been a long time since I’ve seen that spirit in our club.

Gentlemen, there will be challenges to be overcome and foes to be defeated but I am certain of one thing tonight - we are on our way back

:UK:

A rookie manager beyond his years

Their goal was a fluke. 

Got in and watched it back, there is no chance he meant that, or that any full back in the world could predict that. 

People give Tavernier a hard time, usually for not being able to sprint the length of a pitch for 90mins, but to blame him for being in the right place to block the cross, and the guy miss hitting it is mental. 

4 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Watching the goal again, there's not much Tav did wrong.

I thought he was brilliant tonight. 

Numerous times I thought thank fuck we kept him. 

The goal was either a wonder strike, or a miss hit. 

Just now, GOAT said:

It’s actually quite funny how fickle football fans are at times, draw or lose tonight we all know who would be getting blamed for that goal and correctly may I add.  The right back who let a player run unmarked into the box and have all the time in the world to hit a shot.  He shot have long spotted the threat before he did.  It’s called defending.  Now, for the millionth time, he had a brilliant game, but he is partly to blame for an away goal conceded.  The end. 

Drawing then.  Imagine you talking about credibility on this forum. ?

Look where Tav is at the moment before the cross comes in, you're saying he should run out to the right and cover the goal scorer? Leaving that other forward who looks the main threat in the attack, free space to run into.

Surely you can see the big space where Candeias should be.

If you can't see this then I'm out :lol:

Screenshot_20180810-003027.png

1 minute ago, BlueMe said:

Look where Tav is at the moment before the cross comes in, you're saying he should run out to the right and cover the goal scorer? Leaving that other forward who looks the main threat in the attack, free space to run into.

So again.........if you can’t see an unmarked player out the left then you should be out.  Fuck me man. 

Just now, BlueMe said:

You're an actual mongo man. 

That's Candeias' man ffs mate 

So what you’re saying then is if a player loses his man, then the man should be allowed to run in unmarked without someone else picking him up then?  Look at that big space, someone should have picked him up and if Candeias has missed his man, then it’s clearly up to Tav who should be looking over his shoulder anyway.  This place is actually unreal at times.  It really is funny how everyone at half time is moaning about this but now we’ve won, it’s a different story. ?

1 minute ago, GOAT said:

So what you’re saying then is if a player loses his man, then the man should be allowed to run in unmarked without someone else picking him up then?  Look at that big space, someone should have picked him up and if Candeias has missed his man, then it’s clearly up to Tav who should be looking over his shoulder anyway.  This place is actually unreal at times.  It really is funny how everyone at half time is moaning about this but now we’ve won, it’s a different story. ?

Tavs covering his man in the box ya thick cunt :lol: look at the picture if it's easier for you to understand. 3 attackers, 3 defenders and Tavs one of them. You surely must be ripping the pish at this point.

28 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

Absolutely 100% Tav should be where he is there. A few times I thought he was dragged about a little, but not there. 

Candeias should be deeper, but Tav's greatest area of threat is in the middle. He should be covering his centre halves as he is.

I played right back at school so don't argue with me.

Tav offers so much in attack that you can live with his defensive shortcomings. That's what modern fullbacks are all about. They just aren't defenders by trade anymore. I couldn't name 10 complete fullbacks in the world who are good in both defence and attack, and certainly none of them is attainable for us. As for the goal, Tav can't do anything about it.

What bothers me more with Tav than suspect defending is that he tends to give the ball away cheaply. In the 2nd half, when we held onto a lead, he gave the ball away at least 2 times cheaply, which made me cringe. Both situations luckily didn't lead to anything dangerous.  But especially as our captain, he shouldn't give the ball away cheaply. Sometimes risk is okay, but Tav has the chronic issue of giving it away at times where no risk is needed.

Let's hope Gerrard can work with him on this issue. Because on his day, he can single-handedly take over a game down the right wing. Defensive stability is all good, but we need difference makers like him in the attacking phase!

Just now, Inigo said:

Absolutely 100% Tav should be where he is there. A few times I thought he was dragged about a little, but not there. 

Candeias should be deeper, but Tav's greatest area of threatbus in the middle. He should be covering his centre halves as he is.

I played right back at school so don't argue with me.

Absolutely mate, no arguments here!

Just now, BlueMe said:

@GOAT sending me private messages want to fight because he doesn't understand football :lol:

Naw goat sent you a pm because you called him a mongo and a thick cunt hiding behind a computer when he’s having a conversation about fitbaw with you and you shat yourself.  Now piss off.  Last reply to you.