Flanagan

GOAT

Early days for him,knew he'd be absolutely hard as fuck but think his footballing ability will improve with game time after a couple of seasons of injury and loans...question is will he get it now with barasic signing?

What I like about him,  was in the Aberdeen game,  the more he was booed when touching the ball by the sheep meddlers fans,  the more it spurred him on to play better.  He was solid during that game.  He's had a couple of not so great games,  but that particular one stood out for me. 

So,  I think,  in League games if he is played and opposition fans boo him(as I suspect the majority will)whenever he touches the ball etc,  that will be his trigger to stuff themthem,  regardless of where he is placed postionally.  

6 hours ago, DC76 said:

Early days for him,knew he'd be absolutely hard as fuck but think his footballing ability will improve with game time after a couple of seasons of injury and loans...question is will he get it now with barasic signing?

Exactly this. He has struggled for pace but he is getting into the routine again and you can see by his attitude that he is motivated to perform for his friend and gaffer and the large Ibrox crowds. He knows what it means and takes to perform at this level. Shame he has been in the wilderness recently. Hope his aggressive side is controlled though!!!

30 minutes ago, BlueAvenger said:

Assuming Barisic turns out to be the player we think he is then Flanagan should be a squad player to cover injuries and suspensions. 

Got a Croatian friend and when I told him we had signed Barisic he told me what a signing he will be a great player for Rangers

Solid in the tackle, far more defensive than attacking. Sloppy with passing at times, has been caught out a few times positionally too.

Think he'll be very good and improve over time, but based on performances his jersey should be at risk if Barisic gets the nod unless we go with 3 CHs.

He'll likely be shoehorned in somehow to play against more physical teams like scum, sheep, Motherwell etc.

9 hours ago, GOAT said:

What’s your thoughts been on him so far?  He’s been pretty solid for a right back playing left back for me.  Not great going forward but solid defensively.

He's EPL quality.

Hard as fuck and can't wait to see him put that wee shitebag Tierney into the club deck the same way Greig sent Jimmy Johstone flying into the jungle. 

I think he can be effective going forward but I think with Tav so offensively minded he's been telt that doing so would leave us a bit too exposed at the back.

8 hours ago, BlueMe said:

Barisic?

Not seen enough of him to tell if he's good or not two games against us is all I have seen Flanigan if not for his off the field antics and loss of form is a level above what we usually see in the Scottish league now.

2 minutes ago, Smile said:

Not seen enough of him to tell if he's good or not two games against us is all I have seen Flanigan if not for his off the field antics and loss of form is a level above what we usually see in the Scottish league now.

Based on the 2 games, Barisic goes straight in at LB for me tbh. But Flanagan will be good backup for either side and I'd have him playing before Hodson, Halliday, and Wallace (unless Wallace got to the levels he was at before). 

9 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

Based on the 2 games, Barisic goes straight in at LB for me tbh. But Flanagan will be good backup for either side and I'd have him playing before Hodson, Halliday, and Wallace (unless Wallace got to the levels he was at before). 

I hope he's great and I think he will be we deserve a team that can beat everyone in our league after years of heartbreak.