Morelos bid

eosmhdo

32 minutes ago, AlCapone said:

£10 million ????

I know , I don’t understand why we’d sell him so cheap.

It’s about time we played the same game as the unwashed. Value him at 15/20 mill and accept 10m. We need to talk up the worth of our players to get the best price not laugh off high valuations. Hope it’s all bullshit and he’s here for 55.

44 minutes ago, AlCapone said:

I’d like to start the bidding for my house at £2 million, in the real world....

Is your house up for sale.....?  No, then I'll put in a Bordeaux level bid of £20.... do you accept?

58 minutes ago, CoopsLaud said:

Cuntish timing cuntish bid. Would accept 8 mill if it was ringfenced for a replacement. Then tell lafferty to get so far to fuck.

Not really, now the English market is closed - European sides will be looking to scoop up anything decent going till the end of the window. I expect this bid will grow, maybe not from Bordeaux, other teams will be alerted now. Lafferty bid being upped in the next week might have something to do with this.

4 minutes ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

The Chinese bid was never real. Short of a total fabrication.

Not this again.

So you telling me the BBC reporter who initially derided the Chinese bid story, then was shown proof, had to retract what he had originally said, and confirmed there was such a bid, and basically made a cunt out of himself was then telling lies?  Because the BBC are always going out of their way to tell lies to help out the Rangers, aren't they!

You're also calling eskbank a liar, as he's on record on here has confirming there was indeed such a bid from the Chinese, though complicated through lots of Agents fees etc.

Is that what you're saying?

3 minutes ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

Not really, now the English markert is closed - European sides will be looking to scoop up anything going till the end of the window. I expect this bid will grow, maybe not from Bordeaux, other teams will be alerted now. Lafferty bid being upped in the next week might have something to do with this.

Good points. Just saying I reckon 8 mill and over should be the minimum to do a deal. Would not entertain lafferty with any form of bid. Tricky one with the lack of frontmen at the club, so would hope management have a plan in place for potential replacements.

1 minute ago, Siam69 said:

Not this again.

So you telling me the BBC reporter who initially derided the Chinese bid story, then was shown proof, had to retract what he had originally said, and confirmed there was such a bid, and basically made a cunt out of himself was then telling lies?  Because the BBC are always going out of their way to tell lies to help out the Rangers, aren't they!

You're also calling eskbank a liar, as he's on record on here has confirming there was indeed such a bid from the Chinese, though complicated through lots of Agents fees etc.

Is that what you're saying?

I'm not calling Eskbank a liar, ffs. I just don't think it was a genuine bid - seemed a bit exaggerated to me at the time. There may have been a bid, but 9m upfront - not so sure.

Just now, BlueMe said:

Screenshot_20180815-231423.thumb.png.d92e40231a5688bca3c17b859cee886e.png

No chance anyone from the BBC is apologising to Rangers if they don't need to.

The bid was real.

:lol:

Terrence had this pointed to him a few months back when he was claiming it was a smoke screen from the board to deflect criticism and he ignored it then and apparently still is.

7 minutes ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

I'm not calling Eskbank a liar, ffs. I just don't think it was a genuine bid - seemed a bit exaggerated to me at the time. There may have been a bid, but 9m upfront - not so sure.

Well you just said it wasn't real. 

I'll go with what Esky said, and the BBC reporter who had to eat his words and backtrack when shown proof.

Been a lot of fuck ups by the Board in recent times, but I doubt they'd just make up something like that to destabilise and turn the head of their main striker, just for the craic.

Anyway, it's past history,  no sure why bears keep carrying this taig nonsense ...

The Chinese bid was real.

I recall we were flying going into the tarrier game at Ibrox, with plenty of talk online of us winning 55 and a cup. King said that because of this, Murty requested that we turn the bid down and keep the player at such a crucial point in the season.

Fair enough it all went to shite after that game but that's hindsight.

I would knock any bid regardless of the amount from Bordeaux for their sheer audacity to bid for a player the night (or run up to) before a massive game for us. 

That alone would make me not want to entertain anything coming from them at all. 

Wouldn't even accept £10m in all seriousness. The timing is so wrong for us. Gerrard clearly has him marked as his key striker and with good reason. And he's only a young man, his potential is huge.

Sell him now and we're effectively writing off our title challenge this season.