Morelos bid

eosmhdo

19 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

How is £9m fabricated? 

It was fabricated, in the aspect that we would be getting that figure all in. It wasn't, from what I have read, a full up front payment. Therefore that figure had conditions, which may or not have been met to get that 9m. Let's be honest, at that time Morelos was nowhere near a 9m valued striker - it just seemed a very strange story at the time, hence the scepticism.

2 hours ago, jjbscotty12 said:

He better not down tools again.

I don't think you can under SG, he might sound relaxed in his voice (Stevie) but when you judge the words there is power there that inflates people around him. If our gaffer wants him to stay he will stay and play, he is not going to do a ceptic player trick and refuse to play.

If we do sell the big fella it will be on our terms and at a bigger bloody price than £4 Mil or less.

14 minutes ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

It was fabricated, in the aspect that we would be getting that figure all in. It wasn't, from what I have read, a full up front payment. Therefore when the figure had conditions, which may or not have been met to get that 9m. Let's be honest, at that time Morelos was nowhere near a 9m valued striker - it just seemed a very strange story at the time, hence the scepticism.

Without knowing all the details then we'll never know, but going on what we do know, it certainly points to a substantial bid or bids did come in for him, and with the money in China, £9m is certainly believable.

59 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Genuine question here but if the money was right would people be happy with him going and Solanke coming in as his replacement?

One is a perm player and at the money offered is a bit of a joke and one would be a loan for 6 months to a year.

At 21 I think the lad has enough to give under Stevie to kick on for the next couple of years and let's see what he will do, fuck sake he is smiling again which is a bloody surprise! If I had my way I would honestly say anything less than £10 Mil for a 21 year old playing at this level with our club should never be considered in a million years.

1 minute ago, GrandSuckMaster said:

I would definitely take anything over 8m provided the money is spent on a couple of quality additions. He will lose form, that is the type of player he is and we would be left with laff and the giraffe.

go back to selling Lion Brand.

3 minutes ago, GrandSuckMaster said:

I would definitely take anything over 8m provided the money is spent on a couple of quality additions. He will lose form, that is the type of player he is and we would be left with laff and the giraffe.

Surely laff qualifies as a giraffe too?

Think we'll creak at 8million.

2 hours ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

As above, the 9m was a fabricated figure -"varied options" is the point, which could have started with an up front of 5m - which isn't far off from Bordeaux bid.

Based on your arguement it could have also started at £9m?

You’re not presenting any evidence to back up your statement that ‘9m was a fabricated figure’. All you’ve given is opinion.

Come on mate, that’s how the mhanks try and validate themselves, 

The problem is if we sell him he’s the type of modern-day striker that everyone wants and will cost a premium to replace.

Nearly every club wants a player who can play lone striker, press sides, score 20+ goals a season & who holds the call up incredibly well. If he was just a poacher aka a Boyd, he’d be far cheaper to replace as that’s not what’s in demand right now 

We'd be mad to accept any bid as far as I'm concerned , even stupid money .

He's playing the best I've seen from him , the team are just getting to grips with each other and playing good stuff , c....c are wobbling as rodgers goes into meltdown mode . 

Why would we even want to change that ? Even with stupid money and a couple of quality signings there's no guarantee that they could settle in the backwater of Scottish football . Nah , not for me . If it ain't broke , don't fix it and right now it ain't broke . 

There is a real lack of depth in that striking role - I’m kinda worried who would replace Morelos if he was injured ( or banned) for a few games - we simply can’t sell him, what we need is at least another stiker but money talks both for the club and the player.

About 6 weeks ago there was a thread with people slating Morelos saying he couldn't header a ball, couldn't score sitters and was a waste of a jersey. He had the pressure of playing in front of a bunch of lazy cowards who weren't Rangers class last season. Now he has a good team behind him he is scoring regularly.

Anyhow, the offer is a joke and we'd be insane to sell him without a replacement who could score from the off. We need another quality striker as it is and would be left toothless without him.