Morelos bid

eosmhdo

5 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

I think the problem is that you would be asking the Director of Football to replace a £10m player with £4.5m and improve the team.

He's actually said, several times, that we can bring in a better player than Morelos for £2million

I don't really blame any clubs either for bidding, it's within their right and we would absolutely and have absolutely done the same thing in the past and present.

These things are always going to happen especially with the English window being closed now.

With the figures mentioned with the EL and a decent crack at the title then we don't need to sell unless a daft bid came in and even then we wont have much time to replace.

4 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

He's actually said, several times, that we can bring in a better player than Morelos for £2million

I actually said we paid a million pounds for him 12 months ago, to then say 12 months later that we couldn’t replace him by spending double that makes no sense. IF you can source a player of his ability for a million pound then how can you not source a player for twice that to be as good as him? Of course you can, not saying you will.

20 minutes ago, OhW said:

Another Warburton phrase that won't go away. Same as "it's all about opinions". People slate him for his cliches and then use them on here.

Its actually been said by loads of folk, I wasnt aware Warburton used it.

Care to point out any managers who every signing is a success?

Walter Smith and Alex Ferguson both signed their fair share of absolute diddies in amongst the number of great players they recruited.

13 minutes ago, AlCapone said:

I actually said we paid a million pounds for him 12 months ago, to then say 12 months later that we couldn’t replace him by spending double that makes no sense. IF you can source a player of his ability for a million pound then how can you not source a player for twice that to be as good as him? Of course you can, not saying you will.

Come on mate, what you said is only 2 pages back! You're now saying "replace" and "as good as" whereas you previously said "better".

You've also entirely ignored the point made about your argument in that you are effectively stating that you could take any player who has ever played and would be able to buy a better player than them for double of whatever transfer fee they cost. That's not how it works.

1 hour ago, AlCapone said:

It’s crazy and defeatist to say you can’t spend £2 million to replace a player you paid a million pound for 12 months ago.

Mate, your value of him is way in the gutter. Yes you could get another player for £2 Mil but would they have even half the potential of this 21 year old?

I mentioned potential for a reason as I think he has more to show and the gaffer will hopefully bring it out, let's see what the scores on the doors are at the end of the season.

Chelsea released Salah and look what he did last year, play to a players style and they will thrive.

17 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Its actually been said by loads of folk, I wasnt aware Warburton used it.

Care to point out any managers who every signing is a success?

Walter Smith and Alex Ferguson both signed their fair share of absolute diddies in amongst the number of great players they recruited.

I never claimed there are any managers whose every signing is a success. I said Warburton gets slated for his clichés yet people on here still use them. 

2 minutes ago, OhW said:

I never claimed there are any managers whose every signing is a success. I said Warburton gets slated for his clichés yet people on here still use them. 

Warburton signings by now have probably made us money not a big fan of his Kevin Keegan style of football but we have sold a few of his players on for better money. Just thought I would add this in.

14 minutes ago, Smile said:

Warburton signings by now have probably made us money not a big fan of his Kevin Keegan style of football but we have sold a few of his players on for better money. Just thought I would add this in.

We have also been shite for years and paying stupid money in wages I would think. And for what? Shite players , that's what! No talent or no commitment and sometimes both.                                                                            Sorry. Forgot about Clint Hill. Can't include him. 

2 minutes ago, bordersbear said:

We have also been shite for years and paying stupid money in wages I would think. And for what? Shite players , that's what! No talent or no commitment and sometimes both.

I do not think the wages were that high under Warburton as most players were signed for the Championship at the time and I'm sure we had a wage cap obviously contracts were improved as we progressed.

1 minute ago, Smile said:

I do not think the wages were that high under Warburton as most players were signed for the Championship at the time and I'm sure we had a wage cap obviously contracts were improved as we progressed.

We are only now looking like progressing. Far too much money wasted on mediocre pub team players with no real improvement for years. Also quite sure our wage bill in the lower leagues would have dwarfed most spl clubs.?

Just now, bordersbear said:

We are only now looking like progressing. Far too much money wasted on mediocre pub team players with no real improvement for years. Also quite sure our wage bill in the lower leagues would have dwarfed most spl clubs.?

It's early days to say we are progressing yet but we did progress under Warburton as we got out the Championship, if we make another step tonight by beating Maribor it will be decent progression.

Our wages will always dwarf most clubs due to the money our club generates due to supporters.

2 hours ago, Thornliebanktrueblue said:

Unbelievable downplaying of our man

He is v young. He is Colombian and still settling. His previous manager was crap.  His hold up play has been outstanding.  Wasn't he to scorer or thereabouts in league with dembele etc. He's never injured.  

Compare prices  for wagon 7 mill and Armstrong.  He is streets ahead of both. 

Strikers are a premium price. 

20 million!!! 

If he out scores dembele and edouard then that is not unrealistic!

100% agree morelos is worth at least as much if not more than Waghorn. If we sell? The price must be right.

1 minute ago, glasgow argyle said:

100% agree morelos is worth at least as much if not more than Waghorn. If we sell? The price must be right.

You can't really judge any transfer on what the overinflated prices the English clubs now pay.

1 hour ago, psb07158 said:

https://www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaleague/news/newsid=2562034.html 

Without taking into account ANY ticket sales/merchandising or the share of Market Pool TV money just for qualifying to the actual group stage you get €2.92 million. For the qualifying rounds you get:

1st round: €240,000
2nd round: €260,000
3rd round: €280,000
Play-off round: €300,000 but you only get this if you get knocked out , if you qualify you get the €2.92 million

So that's €3.7 million just for being in the groups before any matches are played and our share of the Co-efficient Ranking and the Market Pool. The Market Pool could be worth about £1m if we get papped out in the groups. celtic made over £2m last year but they were in the knock-out round

The Co-efficient Ranking is basically where all 40 teams in the tournament are ranked based on a 10 year co-efficient. The lowest team gets €70,000. For each ranking above that, you get another €70,000. I have no idea where we'll sit on this until all teams qualify but out of the 500 European teams we sit 151st so you would think we might be higher than number 40 as there's always a few upsets and some shite teams get through to the groups. 

THEN for each win you get €570,000 and for each draw you get €190,000. 

There's good money to be made in it now mate (for where we are as a club right now) and an opportunity to get some much-needed co-efficient points on the board. 

Plus likely 3 home sell outs at over £1m each