We’re on our way, we’re on our way, to Baku we’re on our way

GOAT

Talk about cutting it fine... Even if there's a friendly tarrier in the visa office I would have thought they'd be looking at flying Wednesday at the earliest and if they haven't thought to arrange visas they may not even looked at flights, hotels, travel etc.

Maybe they've seen us play, shit the bed and don't want to fork out the cash to get themselves over here just to get pumped out anyway.

6 minutes ago, Brubear said:

Would you be saying rules are rules if the first leg had been in Ufa and it was us that were unable to get Russian visas in time and were getting put out that way.

Do you think the Russian authorities would do us any favours if the situation was reversed?

11 minutes ago, G.E.C. said:

If anything they should have applied for Visas when the draw was first made. 

At the very latest. 

It's like the mongo one of yer pals that waits until the last day before your holiday to get an emergency passport. 

50 minutes ago, G.E.C. said:

If anything they should have applied for Visas when the draw was first made. 

Exactly. They'll play the "we didn't know until Thursday that we needed them" card but they knew there was a decent chance they would a few weeks back. It's their own fault they left it 

1 hour ago, Creampuff said:

Genuinely not convinced they’ll be here. 

They still haven’t filed the appropriate paperwork for a process which takes 5 days. Even if it gets approved within 48 hours they’ve not got a huge amount of time to get the players in Glasgow before the game.

I have never known a British visa to be processed in less than a week unless it is considered urgent. Sport does not fall in to that category. 

Even if they do, 72 hours from Moscow to Glasgow is a tight push. 

Very unprofessional of Ufa for not preparing this and also to the Russia FA if I have to be honest. 

3 hours ago, ger4life_1872 said:

I just assumed the first leg would go down as a 3-0 win , has this ever happened before ?

I can't recall it happening in club football in Europe. I do recall it happening in international football when Scotland played Estonia in a qualifier >20 yrs ago. 

They refused to turn up, some political shit I think, Scotland kicked off and the ref blew after about 2 seconds, walkover awarded. 

This would be the first time it has happened to us though I think. 

?

4 hours ago, billym27 said:

that's a positive of course but our club is built by hard working class people who aren't afraid to put some work into something. we like to make fun of that lot for being unemployed or whatever and having no shame/integrity. like i said if it happens then fine...rules are rules but i would rather we play the games and earn our place to progress to the next round. 

who cares though... maybe more people care about money than respect/tradition/history/integrity. 

What a lot of utter cow shite. 

31 minutes ago, Drumloyal said:

I can't recall it happening in club football in Europe. I do recall it happening in international football when Scotland played Estonia in a qualifier >20 yrs ago. 

They refused to turn up, some political shit I think, Scotland kicked off and the ref blew after about 2 seconds, walkover awarded. 

This would be the first time it has happened to us though I think. 

?

Yeah I vaguely remember that , think that's why I had the 3-0 thing in my head 

4 hours ago, billym27 said:

that's a positive of course but our club is built by hard working class people who aren't afraid to put some work into something. we like to make fun of that lot for being unemployed or whatever and having no shame/integrity. like i said if it happens then fine...rules are rules but i would rather we play the games and earn our place to progress to the next round. 

who cares though... maybe more people care about money than respect/tradition/history/integrity. 

?

5 hours ago, simplythebest said:

Be a bit of a shite way to get through but would make a change it being us rather than the tarriers benefiting from something like that

Clearly the Scottish footballing authorities have fuck all to do with it.????