*** The Official Rangers Fc vs UFA Match Thread ***

RFCRobertson

Just now, rayq81 said:

WTF were you watching? 

Do you think that was a good performance? Easily another 2/3 goals in that tonight if we kept the tempo high

Now over to Russia with a 1 goal lead on a plastic pitch no ideal

when that game kicks off we will be under 72hrs away from our biggest game of the season!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can see us winning there, but all eyes should be on Motherwell. The rancid Scottish media will try to turn this, they will use their journalistic acrobatics to portray that a 1 nil win in Europe signals the end of our honeymoon period. And completely ignore the fact the Tims couldn't defeat a team from Lithuania in a car park. 

4 minutes ago, bluedylan said:

A 1 nil win in the last round before group stage and we are far from out of it ...yet eejits on here moaning fucking unbelievable

It's a forum and people are allowed to express their thoughts on the game good and bad.

ejjits for hoping we got a better result from a team no better than Progress with a OF game 3 days after a trip to Russia...:imagine that 

Considering where we were at this time last season we are in a great position.

The Master stroke was signing lafferty.

He rests him next week and let’s Morelos do the business in Russia.

On returning he rests Morelos and Lafferty does the business against the Mhanky 

Simple 

Hard to judge the quality of Ufa as they offered nothing and made very little attempt to do anything other than waste time and break up play. But on that showing they looked as bad a side as you could wish to play at this stage and we should have been putting the tie to bed tonight. 

The fact that we didn't showed again that we are sorely lacking a creative spark going forward and Kent and Candeias are far too similar to play together. Tenacious and plenty of industry but very little attacking threat.

We really need to push the boat out to bring in a quality wide man or two who can make chances out of nothing. 

As for the second leg, it's going to be a cagey affair and I don't expect to see many goals, if any. I think we'll do enough to make it through, hopefully without picking up any injuries. 

2 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Do you think that was a good performance? Easily another 2/3 goals in that tonight if we kept the tempo high

Now over to Russia with a 1 goal lead on a plastic pitch no ideal

when that game kicks off we will be under 72hrs away from our biggest game of the season!

I will take that performance any day of the week compared to what we have been through, we are winning and have the right mentality and that is going to make us great again 

Personally I think the days of having to build up big leads at home in Europe are over. Players now are so used to travelling and playing in nearly every country, that the footballing world is smaller, with the addition of having players from around the world, the old home and away advantage in Europe is much slimmer than in days of old. The difference is now only geographical. The % chances of winning or losing are very thin lines nowadays 

5 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

this, plus although Kent was decent, I'd start Middleton over there when they are more open at the back

Definetly need to put faith in Middleton now Murphy is out, he looks capable enough and can only get better 

2 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

For anyone being over critical tonight just remember last season, Pumped in the first tie

keep a clean sheet next week and we are in the playoffs, not bad for a rookie manager and a new bunch of players.

This is the playoff mate 

Listen result  before performance all day but we were not great tonight

Just now, eejay the dj said:

Lost the momentum when we made the subs for me .Or we would have got a second 

One player stood out for us tonight In Midfield 

.Outstanding performance 

Ejaria was immense tonight.

1 minute ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Ejaria had his best game in a Rangers top, jack was good too as was Candeias and personally found it strange to sub him when he was influential in the game. Def need to dip into the market for left hand side as Kent isn’t the answer in my opinion. 

Didn’t see anything going forward from them to be scared but 1-0 is a very limited lead.

Lafferty booking was a joke ???

Candeias just doesn't offer much except effort and covering the fullback. The amount of time in games he just belts it anywhere across the box or messes up passes you would need a Seville calculator to work out.

5 minutes ago, G.E.C. said:

Comfortable win. Another goal would have secured the tie. That mob were one of the worst sides I’ve ever seen us play, the fact they’ve got this far without knowing how to take a throw in is a miracle.

Really? I thought they looked pretty handy and I expect we will need an away goal to proceed.

solid and professional. We should be capable of converting more chances although on another night they'd have accumulated enough yellow cards for 3 sendings off and we'd have two penalties. They look dangerous on the counter but we will make chances which we must take.

2 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

It's a forum and people are allowed to express their thoughts on the game good and bad.

ejjits for hoping we got a better result from a team no better than Progress with a OF game 3 days after a trip to Russia...:imagine that 

Bit harsh to say they're no better than Progrès, just because they struggled against them doesn't make them shite, obviously I'd much prefer a bigger win than 1-0 but they came here to park the bus and if the referee wasn't pish we probably would have won 2 or 3-0.

2 minutes ago, steven33jackie said:

Still lack a midfielder who can make direct runs at a defensive line up, far to many sideway passing tonight which just gave them more time to set up to banks of four.

Oh what I would give for a young Ian Durrant. Bet SG would love to have him too.:depressed:  Still we're well in there and UFA will have to open up a bit at home.

Archived