Europa group stages

james_85

Need to win it this year, won't have the opportunity next year ?

Will be happy that we have European nights back at Ibrox with some big teams and a chance to progress to the knockout stage.

Although I haven't forgot how hard it was to qualify from the CL groups in the 90s and think some are very over optimistic and need to screw the nut a bit as expectations like that won't help the team.

If we did get a big team I'd just be hoping we didn't make fools of ourselves. Pessimistic yes but realistic.

7 hours ago, RockwellGers said:

Exact same mate, I get a wee glow when they get humped but most of the time I'm just obsessed with The Famous Glasgow Rangers. I'm also glad to hear Gerrard express this sentiment, he's just too damn busy focusing on Rangers to give a fuck about any other teams, unless we are playing them next. And yes, the mentality at both clubs could tip the balance. 

I think we could be onto something regarding the mentality thing mate, I think (and i don't know why) that Rodgers knows this too. That said, he still has players who have been there and done it domestically and know what it takes, but if he keeps throwing them under the bus it might just work to our advantage.

It's an interesting season ahead, we finished 12 points behind last season so talk of 60 million to compete and light years behind was nonsense to me, it will be a close ran thing this season i think.

On 24/08/2018 at 15:05, Jeffrey said:

Group stage schedule

MatchdayDateMatches

Matchday 1 20 September 20182 v 3, 4 v 1

Matchday 2 4 October 20181 v 2, 3 v 4

Matchday 3 25 October 20183 v 1, 2 v 4

Matchday 4 8 November 20181 v 3, 4 v 2

Matchday 5 29 November 20183 v 2, 1 v 4

Matchday 6 13 December 20182 v 1, 4 v 3

Away on matchday 2,3 and 5.

Chelsea, Gent and Zurich please.

If we get through to the group stage, I take it Hearts at home on the 6th Oct will be moved to the Sunday