Europa group stages

james_85

I think we'd be quite a surprise package and not a side many will want to draw but pressure is off a little bit really as making the group itself was our biggest challenge. 

Europa League always has some bizarre results so wouldnt dismiss us in any group, remember Southampton and Inter Milan failing to qualify from a group whilst Hapeol Beer Shiva (?) And Bratislava went through iirc.

I want the easiest possible group as don’t forget there’s a bonus €570,000 per win and €190,000 per draw in the groups. Then if we finish runners up that’s another €500,000 and again another €500,000 for reaching the last 32. Throw in ticket sales which we’d sell out without the need for glamour ties, TV deals and we could look to really bolster our January transfer budget.

8 hours ago, james_85 said:

I know we still have a big game ahead of us next week but if we do go into the group stages then how do the co-efficient points work as to what pot we would enter as UFA are currently down to go into pot 4. I know for this stage we took Maribors points which would take us into pot 3. What pot would we be in? 

You revert to your own coefficient for the group draw so we are pot 4 regardless of who we beat in qualifiers. Would be too complicated otherwise. 

A big IF at the moment but if we qualify i would like some teams with decent pedigree but with a chance of getting something off of.

It will be great taking my boy along to see some decent standard European teams and of course watching Rangers competing with them under the floodlights.

Be a far cry from the only day he has ever slammed his seat up and asked to leave early, when Allys team succumbed to Annan Afuckingthletic at Ibrox.

He is now seeing what a real Rangers team looks like and is loving every minute of it.

7 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

A big IF at the moment but if we qualify i would like some teams with decent pedigree but with a chance of getting something off of.

It will be great taking my boy along to see some decent standard European teams and of course watching Rangers competing with them under the floodlights.

Be a far cry from the only day he has ever slammed his seat up and asked to leave early, when Allys team succumbed to Annan Afuckingthletic at Ibrox.

He is now seeing what a real Rangers team looks like and is loving every minute of it.

I pity your boy if he does not remember at least a Champions League team with some quality, at least a lot of us had the pleasure of the 9iar team romping about the place like they owned the gaff.

9 minutes ago, Malvern said:

I pity your boy if he does not remember at least a Champions League team with some quality, at least a lot of us had the pleasure of the 9iar team romping about the place like they owned the gaff.

Nope mate, not old enough to remember that.

He started getting really into football properly and Rangers daft when Jelavic rolled that ball over the line at Hampden, he would have been about 5 or 6.

He remembers the Rugby park Kilmarnock destruction to win the league but has had to keep watching it on youtube to give him the belief we could come back again.

That we are looking like doing it this season is a miracle tbh just hope we can continue as we have began this season.

7 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Nope mate, not old enough to remember that.

He started getting really into football properly and Rangers daft when Jelavic rolled that ball over the line at Hampden, he would have been about 5 or 6.

He remembers the Rugby park Kilmarnock destruction to win the league but has had to keep watching it on youtube to give him the belief we could come back again.

That we are looking like doing it this season is a miracle tbh just hope we can continue as we have began this season.

It is going to be one of the great stories of our club through our history if we do get 55 for the gaffer this year, I am a bear through and through but even I had doubts the team would gel so well so early. It makes it even sweeter that Brenda seems to be fucking the tims up like he did to Liverpool.

Seems like a lot of our fans would prefer a nice destination with their mates rather than what's best for our club.

We're not ready for some of the best in Europe. Let's get an easy group and protect our confidence.

8 minutes ago, Malvern said:

It is going to be one of the great stories of our club through our history if we do get 55 for the gaffer this year, I am a bear through and through but even I had doubts the team would gel so well so early. It makes is even sweeter that Brenda seems to be fucking the tims up like he did to Liverpool.

Yes mate it will be truly remarkable and in my near 40 years it will be the best and most emotional yet, hands down.

I don't pay particular attention to them but recently it is obvious that Rodgers is losing it and blaming everybody he can to deflect from his own shortcomings, I really think Steven Gerrard has unnerved him and has the mental edge over him even if he has a substantially weaker budget to compete. This mental edge seems evident in the 2 teams early season performances and results imo.