Morelos called up to the Colombia squad

Lloyd

1 minute ago, Don54 said:

I didn't say he was shite, said he was a fat lazy bastard in response to this, but  as you posted above, he does seem to have really buckled down under SG

Which was the point made by lots of people defending him that he was (is) young and needed a WS type to get the best out of him which SG seems to have done, one clown on one of the threads even called him a cancer within the club.   Really happy for the boy being recognized by his country.

Fantastic for him, excellent news for him and us, will make him a better player, who will be content that he can achieve all he wants in football while with us, Imagine how he felt last season, new club country and language, club in constant flux, bad dressing room dynamics, shit management, what a turn around under SG, no wonder he's loving life as a Ranger, this will only cement that.

Dont understand anyone thinking this isnt brilliant for us as well as Alfred, one his value as a international player will increase but vitally we can now say to potential recruits that playing for Rangers in the spfl wont scupper your chance of being capped, with Barisic being capped for Croatia and hopefully Grezda being a full international as well.

1 hour ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

The fuck was this? Requoting posts from July? Some from april. That's tragic.

I actually stand by the post.

Waghorn was on fire for Ipswich and would probably cost 5 mill plus - got an 8 mill move as a result.

Morelos brings something to the team even when he's not scoring - his work rate, pressing of defenders.

Morelos needs to find his shooting boots theyve been AWOL since xmas- he seems to have done this, there has been a marked improvement from him, which is why we should never have let him go for anything like 3 million pounds.

Digging up posts from months ago - pathetic.

2 minutes ago, stewaj3 said:

The fuck was this? Requoting posts from July? Some from april. That's tragic.

I actually stand by the post.

Waghorn was on fire for Ipswich and would probably cost 5 mill plus - got an 8 mill move as a result.

Morelos brings something to the team even when he's not scoring - his work rate, pressing of defenders.

Morelos needs to find his shooting boots theyve been AWOL since xmas- he seems to have done this, there has been a marked improvement from him, which is why we should never have let him go for anything like 3 million pounds.

Digging up posts from months ago - pathetic.

Responding to a claim that no poster had said Morelos was shite when in fact that and lots worse was said, plus I'm stuck in the house with a cold and was bored, additionally, nothing ever posted on the internet is ever truly deleted.  He was on the receiving end of undeserved criticism and is now showing that he can actually play.  

FFS if Waghorn went for anything like 7M we should be demanding lots more for Morelos, I notice Waghorn's goal per game ratio of 1 goal per 3 games is about the same as it was while at Rangers.

Again merely refuting a claim that posters hadn't said Morelos was shite. 

18 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Responding to a claim that no poster had said Morelos was shite when in fact that and lots worse was said, plus I'm stuck in the house with a cold and was bored, additionally, nothing ever posted on the internet is ever truly deleted.  He was on the receiving end of undeserved criticism and is now showing that he can actually play.  

FFS if Waghorn went for anything like 7M we should be demanding lots more for Morelos, I notice Waghorn's goal per game ratio of 1 goal per 3 games is about the same as it was while at Rangers.

Again merely refuting a claim that posters hadn't said Morelos was shite. 

Perhaps some were ott. I'd add I still think mine was fair and reflective. If any were ott, it's reflective of a spell of poor performances and an awful attitude shown by Morelos after the China move talk. The man was on fire at the start of last season and fans wanted to see that side of him but he didn't seem interested. I never wanted him to go, he's 22 and I see a player with real potential, always have done, however if you don't produce the good Rangers is no place for passengers, as players like waghorn found out.

I read something that waghorn was directly involved in more goals (goals and assists) than any other player in the championship last year. Who knows maybe if we'd shown the same patience we showed with Morelos, maybe he'd have turned it round for us. Maybe he just had a lucky season last year. Either way he wasn't showing it so the decision was made that he should go and prior to that some of our fans got on his back. It's no different to any striker we've had in. Morelos is no exception either 

Irrespective of those, digging through posts is not needed, you knew some had been excessive in their criticism, why go through all those posts to prove it?

46 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Morelos is shite.

There, I said it.

Got a chance to go some way to setting the record straight on Sunday.

One or two against them will start to change a lot of minds (myself included).

Just now, HG5 said:

Got a chance to go some way to setting the record straight on Sunday.

One or two against them will start to change a lot of minds (myself included).

I don't really think he is shite but someone had to say it mate, just for clarity on the subject.

Just now, plumbGER said:

I don't really think he is shite but someone had to say it mate, just for clarity on the subject.

?

Will have saved a lot of trawling through threads - you’ve done everybody a service there, mate?

As I said, though, he can make a start on getting the unconvinced onside very soon!!

2 hours ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Wow, somebody has been busy ???? When I posted that comment back in April, he was crap along with the rest of the team. I would  have been happy to have seen the lot of them punted. Different season, different manager, different player mentality - fucking delighted and Morelos is like a new signing. Quoting posts back from when we were rock bottom last season is a little bit odd and attention seeking. If someone posted these comments this season, fair enough, but get a grip FFS!  Football changes and so do opinions, deal with it mate!

I agree.  I definitely did say he was terrible because at that time it was justified.  He was terrible,  but I also said he needed someone to coach him and bring back his fire.  SG and team have done this.  Happy days ? 

Well deserved young man:) 

Now he can remind us (Sunday especially),why he has been selected ??

People posting shite about a 21 year-old and complaining when they are pulled up about it months later, gotta love RM.   Stevie Wonder could see Morelos had raw talent, that talent is now being honed under SG and I really hope his growth as a footballer continues. 

8 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

People posting shite about a 21 year-old and complaining when they are pulled up about it months later, gotta love RM.   Stevie Wonder could see Morelos had raw talent, that talent is now being honed under SG and I really hope his growth as a footballer continues. 

Apologies our posts don't meet your high standards. :wanker: 

10 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Mate I don’t know if you’re aware but Stevie Wonder is blind, he won’t have been able to see any of our games. Not sure if he’s even a blue nose to be honest. 

• 2 weeks later...