Lee Wallace

jackrfc95

5 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Probably going to start in the first Europa League. I’m sure I read that Barisic is ineligible for the whole tournament and Flanagan will be suspended now.

That’s surely nonsense. I just heard that they’re allowing guys to play for more than one team in the Champs League group stages and onwards so I can’t see why they’d be so strict with the Europa. File it under false.

7 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Barisic is available now mate, well going by posts on here and everywhere else

I thought he was too but one of the Facebook pages posted over the weekend saying that he had confirmed he wouldn’t be available. Probably BS considering it was on Facebook and I haven’t seen it anywhere else either but I’m not getting my hopes up until I see he’s included in the Europa League squad .:lol:

4 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

Very evident in this current squad.

Wallace stuck by us and you can say what you like about him and his ability now but he’s been through it all and only needs to win 3 additional trophies to complete a feat that will most likely never be repeated.

Wallace had ability, imo coming up through the leagues ruined him as a player to the point where he was just done in when in the championship,. he's only 31 and has barely played for 2 years, depends on his appetite but SG wouldn't be wasting his time with him if he wasn't fully committed and SG didnt rate him and see a role for him

15 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

I thought he was too but one of the Facebook pages posted over the weekend saying that he had confirmed he wouldn’t be available. Probably BS considering it was on Facebook and I haven’t seen it anywhere else either but I’m not getting my hopes up until I see he’s included in the Europa League squad .:lol:

He is eligible, link below to Europa League regulations and the relevant paragraph.

https://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/Download/Regulations/uefaorg/Regulations/02/55/82/82/2558282_DOWNLOAD.pdf

41.06 As  a  rule,  a  player  may  not  play  in  the  UEFA  Champions  League  and/or  UEFA Europa  League,  for  more  than  one  club  in  the  course  of  the  same  season. Exceptionally,  however,  a  player  who  has  been  fielded  in  the  first,  second,  third qualifying round or the play-offs of the UEFA Champions League or UEFA Europa League is entitled to play in the UEFA Champions League or UEFA Europa League for  another  club  as  from  the  group  stage.  Moreover,  as  from  the  start  of  the round  of  32,  a  player  can  be  registered  in  accordance with  Paragraph  43.01  to  Paragraph  43.03.  A  substitute  player  who  has  not  been fielded  is  entitled  to  play  for  another  club  competing  in  the  UEFA  Champions League or UEFA Europa League in the course of the same season, provided that he  is  registered  with  the  UEFA  administration  in  accordance  with  the  present regulations.

4 minutes ago, Bears&Reds said:

He is eligible, link below to Europa League regulations and the relevant paragraph.

https://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/Download/Regulations/uefaorg/Regulations/02/55/82/82/2558282_DOWNLOAD.pdf

41.06 As  a  rule,  a  player  may  not  play  in  the  UEFA  Champions  League  and/or  UEFA Europa  League,  for  more  than  one  club  in  the  course  of  the  same  season. Exceptionally,  however,  a  player  who  has  been  fielded  in  the  first,  second,  third qualifying round or the play-offs of the UEFA Champions League or UEFA Europa League is entitled to play in the UEFA Champions League or UEFA Europa League for  another  club  as  from  the  group  stage.  Moreover,  as  from  the  start  of  the round  of  32,  a  player  can  be  registered  in  accordance with  Paragraph  43.01  to  Paragraph  43.03.  A  substitute  player  who  has  not  been fielded  is  entitled  to  play  for  another  club  competing  in  the  UEFA  Champions League or UEFA Europa League in the course of the same season, provided that he  is  registered  with  the  UEFA  administration  in  accordance  with  the  present regulations.

1 hour ago, jackrfc95 said:

From playing league games against the likes of Annan and Elgin to qualifying for the Europa league, the only one who's been there through it all.

Even though he was on the bench glad he was there tonight.

IMG_2644.JPG

IMG_2645.JPG

100% my thoughts at full time too.  If anyone in our recent history deserved this, it is Wallace.  Hope he's had an enjoyable flight home celebrating.

44 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Personally I didn't like the whole him,Miller and Murty saga, the three of them should've been sacked imo and nothing will change that. 

But Lee kept his mouth shut while Kenny ran his, at the end of the day Lee deserves his last days in the sun. 

I think Gerrard giving Wallace and Halliday a clean slate was a bold decision and has ultimately shown to be the right one, and I'm impressed with how they have responded to him. 

The events of last season don't enhance anyone's reputation, though Miller comes out of it looking the worse, in my opinion. His agent more or less confirmed they put his name forward for the interim manager position, and around the time Pedro was sacked Keith Jackson was pushing for Miller & Wallace as the managerial team. I think we're well shot of Miller, but if Wallace and Halliday have a part to play this season - even as squad players - then it's good that their Rangers careers don't end on a similar low as Miller's. 

• 2 months later...