Villarreal away - wits the plans?

GOAT

13 minutes ago, cr3_bear said:

Have we ever won is Spain against Spanish opposition ? Was talking about it in work today and no one could think of a game we have won over there apart from the obvious cup winners cup win at the nou camp but obviously against Russian opposition  . We are all relatively young though so don't know if there is one from the 60's/70s we are missing out. 

Never in European competitions according to a wiki page I was reading, 3 wins all at home, couple of draws away though

Someone on FF saying this, if true then what a farce

'I have just had a response from their ticket office also. They said the police will decide on match day if tickets can be sold to Rangers fans. So there is no guarantee. I'll be chancing it and getting some local to go in for me if they decide not to.'

4 hours ago, Jeffrey said:

'I have just had a response from their ticket office also. They said the police will decide on match day if tickets can be sold to Rangers fans. So there is no guarantee. I'll be chancing it and getting some local to go in for me if they decide not to.'

Are they gonna base it on how we act as a group of fans or how blazing the person trying to buy is ?

6 hours ago, Jeffrey said:

No doubt the Spanish police will be their usual hospitable self going out their way to help any bear they see stranded and looking for a ticket 

18 minutes ago, cr3_bear said:

No doubt the Spanish police will be their usual hospitable self going out their way to help any bear they see stranded and looking for a ticket 

They were the last time mate , responded with a friendly Baton to the shoulder for asking how our end is full when I’m standing outside a hour before kick off with a Rangers end ticket 

6 hours ago, Jeffrey said:

Not trying to be a killjoy but I hope the bears with villareal end tickets go to their designated seats , a good few bears took sore ones from the police the last time coz we couldn’t get into the Rangers end with Rangers end tickets being told it was full , all that way to finally get in 20 mins into the game after mayhem with the police 

On 05/09/2018 at 09:42, glasgow argyle said:

I stayed in Castellon de la plana before game in Villareal (game where boyd missed great chance) i would advise getting a taxi and go early as not that great for taxis & try to book the same taxi back after match. Also a very tight ground with narrow access to away section. Again advise get in ground early.

Just a bump to remind bears going to Rangers end. It is a very narrow access and potential for crushing if waiting until last minute to get in. Best to get into ground early .

1 hour ago, glasgow argyle said:

Just a bump to remind bears going to Rangers end. It is a very narrow access and potential for crushing if waiting until last minute to get in. Best to get into ground early .

What stand are we going to be housed in? 

Is it the one behind the goals in the section up in the gods? 

1 minute ago, Wearethepeople72 said:

What stand are we going to be housed in? 

Is it the one behind the goals in the section up in the gods? 

Last time i was there we were near a corner flag not behind goal.There were bears behind the goal near us in villareal end and quite a few punch ups during and after the match. One where Boyd missed a great chance .

8 minutes ago, glasgow argyle said:

Last time i was there we were near a corner flag not behind goal.There were bears behind the goal near us in villareal end and quite a few punch ups during and after the match. One where Boyd missed a great chance .

Yeah I think the away end is usually the top section behind the goals now but not sure if they’ve maybe changed it in recent years.

The European encounter between Villarreal CF and Rangers FC has been declared as a ‘High Risk’ match. For this reason, Villarreal CF will follow instructions from the National Police and adopt a series of rules regarding the purchase of tickets and access to the Estadio de la Cerámica, with the purpose of avoiding any type of incident, before, during or after the UEFA Europa League match on Thursday 20th September (6:55pm CEST).  

The measures to be taken for Villarreal CF-Rangers FC are as follows:

Tickets will not be sold online.

Tickets will be named and can only be purchased in Official Villarreal CF Shops. A maximum of four tickets can be purchased per person. Tickets will be identified by the full name and ID number of the buyer that will be printed on each one.

Tickets will not be sold to people of British nationality.

Entry to the Estadio de la Cerámica will be prohibited for away fans that have tickets or season tickets for home fan areas of the stadium. Rangers fans can only watch the match from the Away Stand.

On match day tickets will not be sold to Rangers fans at the Ticket Offices, in turn impeding their access to them.

Villarreal CF holds the right to exercise appropriate action on those tickets or season tickets (for home stands) that intend to be used by Rangers fans. As a result, such fans will be removed from the stadium.

https://www.villarrealcf.es/en/news/item/21815-important-information-for-villarreal-Rangers

1 minute ago, gogzy said:

I am supposed to be working,  just praying there might be a few hours holiday available so I can get home to watch.

There might even be a shift swap lol.  Gutted to miss an old firm, then this.  This job is interfering with my football lol.

An Admin on here yet don’t watch our games.

Disgusting, imo.

17 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

An Admin on here yet don’t watch our games.

Disgusting, imo.

lol,  it's either feed the kids or feed my Rangers habit.

I might get someone willing to shift swap me.  There are a bunch of workers on the same shift that have thursday off but are working at the weekend, I am off the weekend, So I can sacrafice the weekend game for this game if I get a swap for saturday.

EDIT: we play on sunday, yasss, I can get the weekend game too.

56 minutes ago, GOAT said:

We're on a bus the glassy are running. dont know if theres spaces mind you.

There’s none mate. When do you get in? I’m Wednesday night (booked today) so worst case I’ll bounce about the boozers trying to find one. Saw train is just over an hour if needs must.

10 minutes ago, BEE said:

There’s none mate. When do you get in? I’m Wednesday night (booked today) so worst case I’ll bounce about the boozers trying to find one. Saw train is just over an hour if needs must.

Wednesday night midnightish.  Glasgow to dublin to alicante.  Same coming back it's going to be an absolute cunt though because we'll be in dublin for 7 hours before flight back.

41 minutes ago, GOAT said:

Wednesday night midnightish.  Glasgow to dublin to alicante.  Same coming back it's going to be an absolute cunt though because we'll be in dublin for 7 hours before flight back.

I got stuck in Dublin for something mental like 10 hours on way home from Berlin, was brutal.

I’m not too bad on this though, 6 hours in Bristol on way over and about 3/4 on way back. We get in at back of 8pm on Wednesday, will be dumping bag and straight out.

Due in Glasgow Airport at 2pm Sunday so will be straight in a taxi to our game vs St Johnston.

2 minutes ago, BEE said:

I got stuck in Dublin for something mental like 10 hours on way home from Berlin, was brutal.

I’m not too bad on this though, 6 hours in Bristol on way over and about 3/4 on way back. We get in at back of 8pm on Wednesday, will be dumping bag and straight out.

Due in Glasgow Airport at 2pm Sunday so will be straight in a taxi to our game vs St Johnston.

where are you staying in benidorm?  Were levante something or other.  Cannae wait man.