Gaffers reaction

mrmojorisin

1 minute ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

Which number argument you on now midden? You started it with your pish, as usual. I will continue to call you out, taking the conversation in the direction of child abuse after children being mentioned is sickening. But no surprise from you. 

You brought children into it ya creep.

You carry on in your wee rage calling me out then despite the warning and I'll sit back and laugh at your efforts.

That's now 2 people asked you to give it a by, you are stifling the discussion about football with your wee tantrum.

The thread has returned to the football so either contribute or leave the thread before you are banned.

5 hours ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

I thought it was, he caught his trailing leg, seen them given for less.

Yes, like Christie’s ridiculous (no other way to describe it) dive. I actually thought he was the one going to be carded for simulation, no Goldson...

2 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

I think his comments about "the ref cost us" are pretty poor as well. Goldson said himself they shouldn't have been able to stroll up 80 yards and score regardless of the ref. Even then, cost us what? The draw? Cause we never once looked like we were going to win. Gerrard was clearly playing for a draw and it backfired. It's a fucking sore one to take for me.

For me Gerrard had 2 options.

Play his preferred 11 but sit deep or make changes to the starting 11 to get fresh legs and play as we do normally.

I don’t think the option was there to play this 11 and have them press, high tempo attacking game.

He probably thought treat it like an away game in Europe, not lose any ground to them and then hopefully the next time we play them we won’t be coming off the back of a 9 hour flight following a game with 9 against 11.

It backfired and we lost a poor goal and the 3 points.

What it does mean is we have to go on a winning run and utilise our squad more. We all knew getting through to the groups meant a lot to us as a club and financially so we couldn’t rest anyone and then events transpired to fuck us over for today.

It also means that Gerrard must surely see the best way of getting at them is to be in their faces from the start therefore if your starting 11 aren’t fit, rest the ones that need it and bring in fresh legs.

If we had a fully fit preferred 11 guaranteed we’d be fine this season, however there are a lot of games and that means tired legs or rotating to use players not as effective. Also losing Murphy and Coulibaly meant our better back-up players were already beeing used and it would mean going down another level in quality if we rotated.

Lessons to be learned for sure and hopefully unlike the previous managers this one actually does learn.

5 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

You carry on in your wee rage calling me out then despite the warning and I'll sit back and laugh at your efforts.

That's now 2 people asked you to give it a by, you are stifling the discussion about football with your wee tantrum.

The thread has returned to the football so either contribute or leave the thread before you are banned.

I was contributing just fine thanks like normal folk on here before you told me to “fuck up”, throwing yourself into your latest argument with a poster and the calling me a pervert in the context of me hammering your childish responses. If anyone will be banned I think it’ll be you. The forum is for people to express their opinions if you don’t like them refrain from telling people to ‘fuck up’ or insinuating they’re a pervert - an incredible leap that I still find really odd. Seek that help ??

I

12 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Just now, Brackley Bluenose said:

I was contributing just fine thanks like normal folk on here before you told me to “fuck up”, throwing yourself into your latest argument with a poster and the calling me a pervert in the context of me hammering your childish responses. If anyone will be banned I think it’ll be you. The forum is for people to express their opinions if you don’t like them refrain from telling people to ‘fuck up’ or insinuating they’re a pervert - an incredible leap that I still find really odd. Seek that help ??

Tell you what. why don't the two of you draw a line under it right now. OK?   I'm asking nicely cause it's been a shit day...

1 minute ago, NeoGeo7 said:

For me Gerrard had 2 options.

Play his preferred 11 but sit deep or make changes to the starting 11 to get fresh legs and play as we do normally.

I don’t think the option was there to play this 11 and have them press, high tempo attacking game.

He probably thought treat it like an away game in Europe, not lose any ground to them and then hopefully the next time we play them we won’t be coming off the back of a 9 hour flight following a game with 9 against 11.

It backfired and we lost a poor goal and the 3 points.

What it does mean is we have to go on a winning run and utilise our squad more. We all knew getting through to the groups meant a lot to us as a club and financially so we couldn’t rest anyone and then events transpired to fuck us over for today.

It also means that Gerrard must surely see the best way of getting at them is to be in their faces from the start therefore if your starting 11 aren’t fit, rest the ones that need it and bring in fresh legs.

If we had a fully fit preferred 11 guaranteed we’d be fine this season, however there are a lot of games and that means tired legs or rotating to use players not as effective. Also losing Murphy and Coulibaly meant our better back-up players were already beeing used and it would mean going down another level in quality if we rotated.

Lessons to be learned for sure and hopefully unlike the previous managers this one actually does learn.

I think he will learn unlike the previous managers thankfully. It's shite with important players injured and others not at anywhere close to 100% fit. Hindsight 20/20 it wasn't the worst idea to play for a draw I guess, but I still can't understand how he didn't make subs a bit earlier or why Ejaria who was dying on his feet wasn't taken off at all. Maybe those changes might have got the result he hoped? Fuck knows know sadly.

Hopefully kick on big time between now and the next time. Probably be sooner than the December game given the chances of meeting them in the Betfred.

28 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

I don't see the two points being in any way mutually exclusive. 

His tactics for the last two league games worry me but his post match comments were just a reflection of his opinion, I'm sure he's hurting like the rest of us. 

Yeah fair enough, it's a good point. 

Just now, cushynumber said:

I

Tell you what. why don't the two of you draw a line under it right now. OK?   I'm asking nicely cause it's been a shit day...

Mate, I have been trying to get the topic back on track but this imbecile can't let his wee vendetta go. It's pathetic.

Still going above and i was about to respond but it's going round in circles and I'll respect your request, can't speak for him though.

Just now, plumbGER said:

Mate, I have been trying to get the topic back on track but this imbecile can't let his wee vendetta go. It's pathetic.

Still going above and i was about to respond but it's going round in circles and I'll respect your request, can't speak for him though.

cheers

2 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

I think he will learn unlike the previous managers thankfully. It's shite with important players injured and others not at anywhere close to 100% fit. Hindsight 20/20 it wasn't the worst idea to play for a draw I guess, but I still can't understand how he didn't make subs a bit earlier or why Ejaria who was dying on his feet wasn't taken off at all. Maybe those changes might have got the result he hoped? Fuck knows know sadly.

Hopefully kick on big time between now and the next time. Probably be sooner than the December game given the chances of meeting them in the Betfred.

Ejaria was never in it but I don't know if Gerrard maybe thought if he got a shooting chance at the edge of the box he might bag a goal, like the last 2 games.

That chance that fell to Jack in the first half would have been better at Ejarias feet but it wasn't to be.

6 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

I

No bother Cushy it has been a shite day. Like I said previously I didn’t start any of this but I certainly wasn’t go to lie down in the face of a what was being said and a guy who has arguments with folk on here most days. Like I said there’s a way to address people and unfortunately the guy hasn’t quite connected the dots yet. 

Just now, plumbGER said:

Ejaria was never in it but I don't know if Gerrard maybe thought if he got a shooting chance at the edge of the box he might bag a goal, like the last 2 games.

That chance that fell to Jack in the first half would have been better at Ejarias feet but it wasn't to be.

He's looked brilliant the last couple games. I just think maybe if it wasn't Ejaria chasing Rogic down and someone like Halliday or McCrorie maybe they'd have just wiped him out and took one for the team. Fuck knows though obviously there's nothing we can do about it now. Frustrating as fuck. (not me saying they should've started btw, but maybe came on as a sub for Ejaria as he was fucked)

23 minutes ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

No bother Cushy it has been a shite day. Like I said previously I didn’t start any of this but I certainly wasn’t go to lie down in the face of a what was being said and a guy who has arguments with folk on here most days. Like I said there’s a way to address people and unfortunately the guy hasn’t quite connected the dots yet. 

Think it's you who hasn't quite connected the dots yet, determined to try and keep an argument going, grow up!

1 hour ago, Supersonic said:

I think his comments about "the ref cost us" are pretty poor as well. Goldson said himself they shouldn't have been able to stroll up 80 yards and score regardless of the ref. Even then, cost us what? The draw? Cause we never once looked like we were going to win. Gerrard was clearly playing for a draw and it backfired. It's a fucking sore one to take for me.

He was trying to find a way to win against a better footballing side with better players in most areas of the pitch with a tiring team missing one or two key players..."clearly".

6 hours ago, Ger_onimo said:

It really doesn’t matter whether it was a foul. To say that we might have come away with a point if it had been given is ridiculous. If they hadn’t hit the woodwork 4 times we might have lost 5-0.

If morelos didn’t hit the post in the last game at ibrox it would have been 3-3. Big refereeing decision cost us the game on the back of a long trip away to Russia. We will get them a ibrox

It certainly looked like a mismatch.  It was just as one sided as the games last year.  The Keeper and the woodwork kept the score line down. 

We benefited from a few refereeing decisions as well.  McGregor could've easily been sent off and he probably will be in retrospect. 

24 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

He was trying to find a way to win against a better footballing side with better players in most areas of the pitch with a tiring team missing one or two key players..."clearly".

He said he was happy with the result at halftime but the performance could've been a little better and then said the ref cost us "the result". Not the win, the result. His aim was get a draw. 

43 minutes ago, LoyalRanger86 said:

Think it's you who hasn't quite connected the dots yet, determined to try and keep an argument going, grow up!

? You clearly know nothing about it. Inform yourself. I never started anything. Cushy has asked it to be put to bed but top bloke for getting involved in something that had nothing to do with you ??

If Murty gave that post match interview he'd be rightly ridiculed. 

Gerrard has got much right so far but his tactics today and against Motherwell have been deplorable. On both occasions he entirely played into the oppositions hands and panted a game that suited them.  

The decision to make Tavernier his captain was also poor in my opinion. He's never a Rangers captain in a million years. 

1 minute ago, gsa said:

If Murty gave that post match interview he'd be rightly ridiculed. 

Gerrard has got much right so far but his tactics today and against Motherwell have been deplorable. On both occasions he entirely played into the oppositions hands and panted a game that suited them.  

The decision to make Tavernier his captain was also poor in my opinion. He's never a Rangers captain in a million years. 

Thank fuck somebody else thought that , if that had been any other recent manager that said some of the shite he just did they would be gutted on here.