James Tavernier to be offered a new contract

Marky.

David Edgar posted his daily update on youtube by accident rather than the scheduled post celtic episode.

In the update he confirmed that Gerrard is offering James Tavernier a new deal on improved terms.

He only signed a new one in January which is interesting, but this one seems to be to raise his wages and therefore significantly raise his potential transfer fee.

Pay him more to push his value up,in January.

Morelos we’ve said don’t bother bidding.....not really heard the same about Tav.

He’s got good points and bad and if we can get an extra few million added on in January by offering a new deal now......fair dos.

3 minutes ago, chris182 said:

Strange decision for me considering he only renewed in January.

Almost as strange as giving him the captaincy ?

Goldson's quotes from that same podcast are the words of a true captain. He basically called out those who are no longer here saying that its as if they've felt they can't get close to celtic, but that's not the attitude he has.

I'm never a fan of signing someone and giving them the armband so soon, but there's a guy who gets it. He's the captain, armband or not.

Tavernier for me just doesn't have the presence. He's an instagram footballer. Goldson only got instagram when he moved to the club... let's hope he's not badly influenced.

32 minutes ago, Marky. said:

Goldson's quotes from that same podcast are the words of a true captain. He basically called out those who are no longer here saying that its as if they've felt they can't get close to celtic, but that's not the attitude he has.

I'm never a fan of signing someone and giving them the armband so soon, but there's a guy who gets it. He's the captain, armband or not.

Tavernier for me just doesn't have the presence. He's an instagram footballer. Goldson only got instagram when he moved to the club... let's hope he's not badly influenced.

Quite ironic though, especially considering them team the now made them look good

45 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

Increasing his valuation for the January window perhaps? 

No need to be increasing his wages so soon after his last contract, unless there is genuine interest in him and we want a larger fee.

If W.B.A. come calling again or other clubs in Jan. it should increase his price. And hopefully we can get a R.B. who can defend.

1 minute ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Quite ironic though, especially considering them team the now made them look good

I don’t blame him though. I think the team have a new attitude. It is hard to gauge at this rate because of the poor league start, but if you told me we’d be in Europe by now I’d have been delighted. We are still evolving, and sometimes when things are so good so early it makes you a little too hopeful. That way when the inevitable adversary comes our way, it is harder to take.

Target one of getting into the group stages of Europe has been achieved though, onto the next milestone and see where it takes us.

51 minutes ago, glasgow argyle said:

If W.B.A. come calling again or other clubs in Jan. it should increase his price. And hopefully we can get a R.B. who can defend.

Sick to fuck of reading this.

He can improve no doubt but the scum's McGregor did next to fuck all against us on Sunday. 

Tavernier made a number of good tackles, blocks and cleared his lines when needed.

The whole defence defended pretty well actually, it was the midfield and Lafferty that fucked us.