Battle of Arnhem

6superbarry6

8 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Probably not Bears Den but thought was pretty fitting given our forces day at weekend, class display from Vitesse why don’t we see the likes of this from more UK clubs ??

C31B257F-7454-4097-9CE6-C5ED10377D0C.jpeg

Understandable when you know what Arnhem went through during Market Garden.

16 minutes ago, bordersbear said:

In answer to your question we don't see this from British clubs because of the stigma attached to being British and proud of it. Our armed forces sacrificed so much and still do and most people don't have the balls to support them publicly.

Yep so sad these men don’t get the respect they deserve in their own country really is a joke, too many people scared to offend those who don’t deserve to walk the same streets as our troops.

1 minute ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Yep so sad these men don’t get the respect they deserve in their own country really is a joke, too many people scared to offend those who don’t deserve to walk the same streets as our troops.

Don't forget the thousands of women also whom are prepared to give up their lives for us.

25 minutes ago, bordersbear said:

In answer to your question we don't see this from British clubs because of the stigma attached to being British and proud of it. Our armed forces sacrificed so much and still do and most people don't have the balls to support them publicly.

I'd think it's more down to the fact not many teams have a specific group that make displays etc. like us, Lincoln, Leicester.

30 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Contrast this country to America and adulation their forces get its baffling the treatment they get in this country.

The first (and only so far) time I visited USA I walked out of arrivals and the first thing I saw was a huge stars and stripes on the wall directly in front of me.

Wonder if we tried that here we would get away with it?

2 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

I'd think it's more down to the fact not many teams have a specific group that make displays etc. like us, Lincoln, Leicester.

Yesterday was a day organised by the club as a mark of support and respect for our armed forces. Nothing to do with displays etc or any group. That said some of the displays at Ibrox are spectacular.

7 minutes ago, Aubie92 said:

Part of the blame for that rests with the way Blair handled invading Iraq and Afghanistan, and subsequent revelations from his own cabinet about it. Unfortunately the soldiers seem to be bear the brunt of it rather than politicians ever having to face consequences for their actions. If it was Tony Blair's son bring carved up on the street in broad daylight rather than Lee Rigby, I suspect the reaction to it would have been much different from the political class. 

Even with that, we've went to a strange direction in the UK where the Irish republican propaganda and their versions of the troubles are largely accepted as truth, and our soldiers portrayed as butchers. Huge disservice done not only to the soldiers and the loyalists that lived through the troubles, but to the civilians murdered by the IRA whose families will never get justice. (Including Catholics who dared to do such heinous acts such as be civil to British soldiers.) 

I agree with you.  Luckily I was out before the 2nd Iraq war.  I was referring to the first Gulf War in my post.  We were also stationed in N.I. and I was there for the peace talks from around 1995 till 1998.  The people of N.I. always seemed friendly to us and appreciated us more than people did in the mainland.  Of course, by people I mean the normal people in Northern Ireland, not the fucking scumbag animals that pretend they are on some find of freedom fighting mission by killing mothers and kids.

i think more should be done to support our Armed Forces as well as our veterans, especially those that need help.  Maybe its a mindset in the people that has to change?

2 minutes ago, NamibianBear said:

I agree with you.  Luckily I was out before the 2nd Iraq war.  I was referring to the first Gulf War in my post.  We were also stationed in N.I. and I was there for the peace talks from around 1995 till 1998.  The people of N.I. always seemed friendly to us and appreciated us more than people did in the mainland.  Of course, by people I mean the normal people in Northern Ireland, not the fucking scumbag animals that pretend they are on some find of freedom fighting mission by killing mothers and kids.

i think more should be done to support our Armed Forces as well as our veterans, especially those that need help.  Maybe its a mindset in the people that has to change?

It does, but our government are more interested in appealing to other sections of society. Personally, I was opposed to the Iraq war and going into Afghanistan, and the way we followed the USA into these conflicts until Obama pushed to invade Syria, but I still respect the soldiers themselves.

I think charities like Erskine are great, but governments have taken advantage of people being charitable and it has allowed them to avoid providing the care veterans deserve. Charities should provide additional support, but the onus should be on the government. It's sad that this isn't a bigger talking point in society, but we live in a UK where "Islamaphobia" is a talking point, so not surprising. 

3 minutes ago, Aubie92 said:

It does, but our government are more interested in appealing to other sections of society. Personally, I was opposed to the Iraq war and going into Afghanistan, and the way we followed the USA into these conflicts until Obama pushed to invade Syria, but I still respect the soldiers themselves.

I think charities like Erskine are great, but governments have taken advantage of people being charitable and it has allowed them to avoid providing the care veterans deserve. Charities should provide additional support, but the onus should be on the government. It's sad that this isn't a bigger talking point in society, but we live in a UK where "Islamaphobia" is a talking point, so not surprising. 

And again, I agree with you 100%.

For me, seeing things like Armed Forces day at Ibrox, or any display that salutes our troups always brings a bit of emotion out in me.  It would be nice, not for me but for all serving and retired members, to get more appreciation.

Oh, and fuck PC world shit.  Does my head in ?  The Ozzies have it right - fit in or fuck off (although they are slowly getting PC too ? )

5 hours ago, bordersbear said:

Don't know if it's most ppl don't have the balls to be proud of our boys/girls but the f**king Libtards certainly don't?

4 hours ago, Blueshoff said:

The first (and only so far) time I visited USA I walked out of arrivals and the first thing I saw was a huge stars and stripes on the wall directly in front of me.

Wonder if we tried that here we would get away with it?

Might help keep some of the 'invaders' out?

7 hours ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Probably not Bears Den but thought was pretty fitting given our forces day at weekend, class display from Vitesse why don’t we see the likes of this from more UK clubs ??

When you compare this to the anti British shite ǝpɐbıɹq uǝǝɹb ǝɥʇ display it makes you sick.

7 hours ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Because the education system in this country brings the kids up to be ashamed of such brave heroics.

2 minutes ago, Don Logan 2 said:

I lived in the Netherlands for almost 10 years, a little known fact is that families adopt the graves of our fallen hero's and tend them like they where their own families...the Dutch are different class.

Belgians do the same for WW1 graves,good stuff.....then you hear that b'tard Brit hater Verhoffstadt re Brexit.

Did you know that Tony Blair cancelled the war reparations Germany owed us,which ran into many Billions £s??