F*ck Europe

Dickie

6 minutes ago, LiverpoolBlue said:

From almost oblivion in 2012 - it's taken us from division 3 to where we are today, 2 points behind the scum at the end of September and playing Rapid Vienna on Thursday 

That attitude gets us nowhere and has bitten us plenty over the last 6 years

53 minutes ago, Jeffrey said:

That attitude gets us nowhere and has bitten us plenty over the last 6 years

Maybe so .. but 2012 could have seen the end of Rangers FC, but we have pulled ourselves out of the shit, we are trying to get back to where we should be.  And I believe now we are getting there.  

Pessimism get's us nowhere, FFS if we supporters had that viewpoint 6 years ago then it might well have ben the end.  As I believe it was us supporters that saved the club, as no one else seemed interested.

16 minutes ago, LiverpoolBlue said:

Maybe so .. but 2012 could have seen the end of Rangers FC, but we have pulled ourselves out of the shit, we are trying to get back to where we should be.  And I believe now we are getting there.  

Pessimism get's us nowhere, FFS if we supporters had that viewpoint 6 years ago then it might well have ben the end.  As I believe it was us supporters that saved the club, as no one else seemed interested.

And saying 'we're Rangers' gets us nowhere either.

European games bring in much needed money.  They also provide a platform for players to perform to their best and if they do their transfer value goes up so more money can be generated.  Money that makes it more affordable to get better players downstream, and better players are attracted because there is European football.   And that's before the benefit to the Support to see the Club playing European football again against good quality sides.

So I won't complain about European football.  Nor should it be a scapegoat for domestic league form which we all expect to be a whole lot better.    I do accept the squad has been re-built over summer with a young manager who is learning his way managing a massive football club with a Support that is desperate for league title success.   

There is clearly still a lot for Stevie G to do.     We've had damn near instants success in the first things that he could do this season which was to get a team on the pitch that qualified for the league stages of the Europa league.    That is success.  That is tangible real success.  It is money spinning success.     And that, in my book, is great.    All he needs to do now is to create the sort of Rangers side that produces the sort of league form against all sides - home and away - that achieves enough to win the league title.    

The team needs to learn to do well not just in Europe but to deliver league wins week in and week out.   They need to get more to grips with the fact that its not a case of either / or....its both.  

13 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

European games bring in much needed money.  They also provide a platform for players to perform to their best and if they do their transfer value goes up so more money can be generated.  Money that makes it more affordable to get better players downstream, and better players are attracted because there is European football.   And that's before the benefit to the Support to see the Club playing European football again against good quality sides.

So I won't complain about European football.  Nor should it be a scapegoat for domestic league form which we all expect to be a whole lot better.    I do accept the squad has been re-built over summer with a young manager who is learning his way managing a massive football club with a Support that is desperate for league title success.   

There is clearly still a lot for Stevie G to do.     We've had damn near instants success in the first things that he could do this season which was to get a team on the pitch that qualified for the league stages of the Europa league.    That is success.  That is tangible real success.  It is money spinning success.     And that, in my book, is great.    All he needs to do now is to create the sort of Rangers side that produces the sort of league form against all sides - home and away - that achieves enough to win the league title.    

The team needs to learn to do well not just in Europe but to deliver league wins week in and week out.   They need to get more to grips with the fact that its not a case of either / or....its both.  

Good post mate it is excaclty how I am feeling about the situation at the moment.let us just see how we get on this Thursday hopefully we are all feeling a lot happier at the end of the game compared to how we are all feeling just now after yesterday.

I would rather we served up garbage in europe and gave a reaction in the league. Not the other way around. Gerrard said after the international break that our focus was the league so the players knew that. That makes yesterday even more worrying for me.

21 minutes ago, coopsleftboot said:

Usain Bolt would beat Mo Farah in a sprint.  Take it over 5000m and Bolt would be trailing some way behind.

A bit how I feel about Hearts league position right now.

Are you Eric fucking cantona?

On 30/09/2018 at 20:35, minstral said:

So tell us what manager you would bring to the club.

Not directed at me but personally i think Gerrard was a mistake due to lack of experiance (will be more than happy to eat my hat if wrong though) i'm not saying this is who i would go for but somebody along the lines of Big Sam, lots of experiance in managing multiple different teams, might play unattractive football but knows how to get results, thought he would be perfect to bridge most of the gap between us and them before getting another manager to take us that one stage further. That would of been my plan.Not going for a man who was a fantastic player yet has no managerial experiance

7 games in  and people are flapping. I expect  a lot more games where we do not perform as we need to as we have a new gaffer learning the ropes, a new squad getting to know each other, but, we are still in Europe with the higher profile that brings and septic will drop more points, Hearts have hit their purple patch early but lets see how it looks at the turn of the year. Rangers will be in there at the death as Gerrard appears to hate losing and will grill the team into winners.

I think we still need a proper striker and someone with serious skill to open up 11 man defenses, who are looking for a long ball counter.

On 01/10/2018 at 06:32, LiverpoolBlue said:

Aye but you have to admire the people on who shout "No Surrender" while waving a white flag. :UK:

18 hours ago, RJMcGregor said:

Not directed at me but personally i think Gerrard was a mistake due to lack of experiance (will be more than happy to eat my hat if wrong though) i'm not saying this is who i would go for but somebody along the lines of Big Sam, lots of experiance in managing multiple different teams, might play unattractive football but knows how to get results, thought he would be perfect to bridge most of the gap between us and them before getting another manager to take us that one stage further. That would of been my plan.Not going for a man who was a fantastic player yet has no managerial experiance

If SG had experience he would be managing down south. The list of potential candidates for the job did not make good reading. 

Gerrard has got us playing attractive football at times and has galvanised the support. Let's just back the guy and see where it takes us. Give him time and he will prove you wrong.

On 01/10/2018 at 15:12, BILLYBOY50 said:

Good post mate it is excaclty how I am feeling about the situation at the moment.let us just see how we get on this Thursday hopefully we are all feeling a lot happier at the end of the game compared to how we are all feeling just now after yesterday.

Excaclty

1 hour ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

If SG had experience he would be managing down south. The list of potential candidates for the job did not make good reading. 

Gerrard has got us playing attractive football at times and has galvanised the support. Let's just back the guy and see where it takes us. Give him time and he will prove you wrong.

I hope so, i'm just not entirely convinced this was the correct approach but will be delighted if i'm wrong

10 hours ago, ZZed said:

7 games in  and people are flapping. I expect  a lot more games where we do not perform as we need to as we have a new gaffer learning the ropes, a new squad getting to know each other, but, we are still in Europe with the higher profile that brings and septic will drop more points, Hearts have hit their purple patch early but lets see how it looks at the turn of the year. Rangers will be in there at the death as Gerrard appears to hate losing and will grill the team into winners.

I think we still need a proper striker and someone with serious skill to open up 11 man defenses, who are looking for a long ball counter.

I have been saying that for a while now we still need a creative midfielder and definetly another striker. A poacher if you like although we have been getting goals from all over the pitch. That is where I feel we are still lacking.

On 30/09/2018 at 20:11, Cedrick said:

Stopped reading after under Pedro 

I stopped reading after "ten," as anyone who thinks that stopping celtic win ten in a row should be our aim has no right to suggest others are setting the bar too low.