24hrs of meltdown

bordersbear

3 hours ago, simplythebest said:

The table makes poor reading, if the tarriers hadn't made a poor start as well I doubt people would be so relaxed about it 

Of course not but the fact is they have. This gives us a little breathing space to recognise and sort out any issues. At this stage we've got to remain positive.

Nothing new. When it's going good then everyone is happy and any cunt who tries to be realistic or ruin the feeling is hounded. When it goes downhill then everyone turns on the players/manager and acts like it's the end of the world. 

We've improved significantly but there is still a lot of work to do. 

So heres the question? If we are, all of a sudden, so shite and folks are going into meltdown, how come after last Sunday we were so brilliant, and everything in the garden was So rosey? Surely 1 defeat against a decent to good side doesn't swing that pendulum from one extreme to another in just 7 days? Or is the truth more like that we have fans who are either A) Bipolar, or B) Have the emotional state of a 13 year old adolescent schoolgirl?

I think some people just need to grow up a bit, and get a bit of mental maturity about them.

35 minutes ago, To Be A Ranger said:

Of course not but the fact is they have. This gives us a little breathing space to recognise and sort out any issues. At this stage we've got to remain positive.

Disagree, this was our (and is until they sort their shit out) time to heap the pressure on them, they don't seem well suited to it yet we have been giving them breathing space when frankly we should have been putting the boot on their neck

Away form has to be questioned regardless of what happened in previous seasons under different managers. For me I have to question why he has started to chop and change the back four. Nothing about Worrall that I have seen would suggest he should start in front on Katic. Perhaps it should be Goldson on the bench I thought he had the worst performance of all against Livi. Look at the first 15 seconds of the game he has the ball and trys to play out wide to Tav and it gets blocked fortunately the touch of the Livi player was heavy and it went straight to McGregor but it set the tone for the rest of the game.

Being rightfully critical doesnt equal a meltdown or overreaction. If we weren't in the EL group stages wed be feeling a lot more tense than we do now.

It wasn't just one bad day at the office theres been at least 3 away games where we have played pish, some folk need to take the blinders off. There have been serious failings by our players and the manager and the supporters have every right to voice their concerns because we are a shambles at times

2 hours ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

I can't wait till the bring back Walter thread starts.

We were shite against living but as wrong as the manager's tactics were, there is never an excuse for a Rangers team being second to every ball.

He was willing to have talks about taking the Scotland job so I think it's worth approaching him now in our hour of need. Will start a thread.

Gerrard is still experimenting. That leaves us open to shock defeats like yesterday.

He needs to stick with what's proven to work and be like what we were during the Europa qualifiers. 

I mean, drawing away to Villa Real but losing away to Livingston? Why the massive difference between both those games?

4 hours ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

So heres the question? If we are, all of a sudden, so shite and folks are going into meltdown, how come after last Sunday we were so brilliant, and everything in the garden was So rosey? Surely 1 defeat against a decent to good side doesn't swing that pendulum from one extreme to another in just 7 days? Or is the truth more like that we have fans who are either A) Bipolar, or B) Have the emotional state of a 13 year old adolescent schoolgirl?

I think some people just need to grow up a bit, and get a bit of mental maturity about them.

Best post in the last 30 hours!

I said in the "do you think we will win the league" thread that we need to have a full round of games to have an idea of where we're at and how likely we are to win the league or not. That still stands irrespective of this Livingston result.

There is a lot of goodwill like others have mentioned partly because of the Europe results, partly because of how poorly the scum have been doing, and partly because in Gerrard we have a manager we can identify with better than anyone bar Walter in the past 30 odd years.

For me, I think we have a squad that should be good enough to win week in week out against everyone bar celtic. People are looking at celtic being shit against Aberdeen or Kilmarnock and thinking we can destroy them but they are able to raise their game in the OF games to several levels above us. We have too many players who at their absolute best aren't good enough to trouble the scum if the scum are even remotely on their game. Candeias, Kent, Arfield, Ejaria, Lafferty to name a few, in my opinion they're all players who won't win their individual battles against their scum equivalents.

I also don't think we've been "brilliant" for much of the season, even in games we've won by big margins there have been large periods where we've been poor particularly in midfield.

With all that said, if anyone thinks we haven't improved compared to under warburton or Pedro they're fucking deluded. 

2 hours ago, Rangers_no1 said:

This whole 'overreaction' aspect that keeps getting spouted, really gripes me!

Its not a overreaction when you win 3 out of 7 league games ffs. People were not losing their shit against Aberdeen were they? Was limited against Motherwell.

People are correctly pulling up our league form and its justified. 

It's a ploy to stop debate and pretend everything's rosy we witnessed under Warburton Pedro and Murty twice.  

Gerrard team has been awful in the league against average teams our wins come against the bottom two and St Johnstone.

1 hour ago, With Heart and Hand said:

Being rightfully critical doesnt equal a meltdown or overreaction. If we weren't in the EL group stages wed be feeling a lot more tense than we do now.

It wasn't just one bad day at the office theres been at least 3 away games where we have played pish, some folk need to take the blinders off. There have been serious failings by our players and the manager and the supporters have every right to voice their concerns because we are a shambles at times

It does on here.  Being critical is about debating the managers tactics, formation, substitutions, players attitude or performances. That’s fine, and yes, fans are rightfully choosing to vent. When the patter becomes ‘sack the manager’, ‘he’ll never get it right’, ‘as bad as Pedro’, ‘ it was the same with Murty’, ‘Gerrard should never have been manager with his experience’, ‘we need to ask Walter back immediately’, etc....ad infinitum,  then that is also a fucking overreaction or Meltdown. 

Give him time! Or not. But don’t fucking put him on a pedestal after a few games and then kick him off it when we hit a bump or two. 

He needs to get the formula right but he’s one manager I would give time to. Don’t expect miracles immediately. 

27 minutes ago, BillySastard said:

Gerrard is still experimenting. That leaves us open to shock defeats like yesterday.

He needs to stick with what's proven to work and be like what we were during the Europa qualifiers. 

I mean, drawing away to Villa Real but losing away to Livingston? Why the massive difference between both those games?

E5436266-8A5F-4FD4-8AE5-0474C0E7A413.gif

4 hours ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

So heres the question? If we are, all of a sudden, so shite and folks are going into meltdown, how come after last Sunday we were so brilliant, and everything in the garden was So rosey? Surely 1 defeat against a decent to good side doesn't swing that pendulum from one extreme to another in just 7 days? 

Under Pedro and Murty we would get really good results then would fuck up the weekend after.  It's the inconsistency that kills the chances of winning the league.

56 minutes ago, BillySastard said:

I think in Europe we're playing the high pressing 4-3-3 and that's working for us.  Domestically we've experimented with a 3-5-2 against 'well, sat back against celtic, tried two up top against Livi', etc.  We need to stick with what we're good at.

Up until yesterday I was reasonably happy with the progress we had made so far but I was wanting to wait until after we had played both Hearts and HIVS away to begin to make a judgment, I said 'reasonably happy" because the 2 draws we had against the sheep and motherwell we were so close to getting maximum points against both, a lot of posters are complaining about our away form but up until yesterday apart from the tarriers game IMO only the 2nd half against Motherwell were we poor, I thought we played well against the sheep especially for so long with 10 men and IMO we didn't deserve to lose that one, so at the moment I'm not going to overreact until we have played a few more away games and then see what transpires.

While I agree yesterday was an abismal performance I'm going to place most of the blame "and I know I'm going to get shit for this" on the state of that pitch and my reason for that is it totally restricted us from playing our normal game were we have been moving the ball quickly forward, anytime we tried to move the ball on the ground you could see it being held up, then when Kent and later Middleton came on and tried to run with it how many times did they have to turn back because in never ran true? Livingston now how to play on that pitch, hoof the ball up the park and get on the end of it or play for set pieces, good luck to them as it works for them and I'm willing to bet that they will take a bit of beating there.

As I said I'm not going to overreact just yet but I also won't deny that the away results are not concerning, I'm just willing to wait for a bit and see if it continues only then will I be worried.

5 hours ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

You should offer that advice to the manager, he badly needs it.