Kent

sausagetrunks

5 minutes ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

True, but if you were a young player with exposure to 50k fans every second week and European nights - it is a bit of a trade off for a season or two??

We'd all love to think that players come to Rangers, instantly fall in love with the club and the fans, and end up staying for less money than they could get somewhere else. That was maybe true in decades gone by, but I think that money rules in the modern game. 

I watch young players like Kent and Middleton playing for us sometimes and have a wee chuckle to myself when I remember that we had people on here that thought Barrie McKay was actually a good player.

Would love to keep him beyond his loan but I'd expect some tough competition for him if he's available.

Probably depends on the boys ambition whether there's a chance he'll come here permanently or not. Look at Roberts that was at them from Man City, never going to be good enough to get into their squad but happy to pick up big wages and go out on loan to them and now some Spanish mob.

Realistically Kent won't ever play regularly for Liverpool so depends on what his goals in football are.

Kent is great for this league but will never get a sniff at Liverpool or in Prem.

I like him but at the same time being realistic we can't afford him anyway. Besides we will be able to loan same or better quality next time around. The profile of SG and the Euro run is raising our profile in England massively. We will be seen as a good shop window for some decent young up and coming players.

1 hour ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

I watch young players like Kent and Middleton playing for us sometimes and have a wee chuckle to myself when I remember that we had people on here that thought Barrie McKay was actually a good player.

Would love to keep him beyond his loan but I'd expect some tough competition for him if he's available.

McKay was far better than Middleton. Not even close.

I think he's better than Kent as well, had better vision, better weight of pass, far better first touch. Kent works far harder and is better at helping out defensively, which admittedly wouldn't be hard.

Crying out for a player who can play through balls as shown in this video:

2 minutes ago, El-Hadji Spit RFC said:

I’d say we’re about his level tbh. 

He's 21 years of age on a long term deal at Liverpool and thriving at Rangers playing in front of a massive and demanding support under a manager he absolutely idolises, yet you think this is about as good as it will get for him?

1 hour ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

sometimes and have a wee chuckle to myself when I remember that we had people on here that thought Barrie McKay was actually a good player.

McKay under Gerrard, or Kent under whasisface? You choose.

2 hours ago, TMB said:

Capture.thumb.PNG.194d96292a45e650abdaedb93606fca7.PNG

Liverpool would want over £5m for him and there's teams down South who would happily pay it.  Bournemouth were ready to pay £6m for him last summer.  I doubt he'll end up here after his loan.

Bournemouth weren’t even interested in him btw that £6mil things a lot a pish.

50 minutes ago, CoatbridgeBear said:

Bournemouth weren’t even interested in him btw that £6mil things a lot a pish.

I can't speak for Bournemouth but I don't think the valuation of the player would be far off.  Liverpool are one of the richest clubs out there and they don't sell their promising youngsters on the cheap.  I can't see them selling guys like Kent or Ejaria who are on such long contracts for a few million, do you? 

2 hours ago, Barasa said:

McKay under Gerrard, or Kent under whasisface? You choose.

Kent. McKay has proven again at Nottingham and Swansea that his form is erratic; Kent has consistently put a shift in. If anything McKay has become a better player in the minds of some since he left us - they remember him at his very best, but forget how shite he was at other times. 

McKay was someone I really wanted to succeed at Rangers, but he's a Josh Windass type. He'll never be consistent enough or have the mentality to play for a team that is expected to win trophies. 

7 hours ago, Aubie92 said:

Kent. McKay has proven again at Nottingham and Swansea that his form is erratic; Kent has consistently put a shift in. If anything McKay has become a better player in the minds of some since he left us - they remember him at his very best, but forget how shite he was at other times. 

McKay was someone I really wanted to succeed at Rangers, but he's a Josh Windass type. He'll never be consistent enough or have the mentality to play for a team that is expected to win trophies. 

As a group of fans we seem to value this above all else.

Kent has nowhere near the quality McKay had in his range of passing, first touch or shooting. Or isn't showing he does yet anyway imo. 

If only McKay had his workrate, which I can't for the life of me understand why the penny doesn't look like it's going to drop for him, as it's the easiest part of football to improve on.

10 hours ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

McKay was far better than Middleton. Not even close.

I think he's better than Kent as well, had better vision, better weight of pass, far better first touch. Kent works far harder and is better at helping out defensively, which admittedly wouldn't be hard.

Crying out for a player who can play through balls as shown in this video:

Lost interest in debating with you as soon as you posted a YouTube video to back up your point. Sorry.

21 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Kent has nowhere near the quality McKay had in his range of passing, first touch or shooting. Or isn't showing he does yet anyway imo. 

If only McKay had his workrate, which I can't for the life of me understand why the penny doesn't look like it's going to drop for him, as it's the easiest part of football to improve on.

When McKay could be arsed his range of passing was good, sure. But more often that not he could not deliver a cross into an empty box if his life depended on it. I'll take the guy that wins free kicks in dangerous areas and is involved in the build up to goals most games over the guy who has a really good game one time out of five. 

2 hours ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

giphy (3).gif

14 hours ago, Pure_Quality said:

Probably depends on the boys ambition whether there's a chance he'll come here permanently or not. Look at Roberts that was at them from Man City, never going to be good enough to get into their squad but happy to pick up big wages and go out on loan to them and now some Spanish mob.

Realistically Kent won't ever play regularly for Liverpool so depends on what his goals in football are.

Hopefully he can see he is making a name for himself in Europe... and want to stay with us for a few years doin that

13 hours ago, TMB said:

I can't speak for Bournemouth but I don't think the valuation of the player would be far off.  Liverpool are one of the richest clubs out there and they don't sell their promising youngsters on the cheap.  I can't see them selling guys like Kent or Ejaria who are on such long contracts for a few million, do you? 

Am no arguing that mate, am just saying Bournemouth weren’t interested in him it was a lot of pish.