Coulibally

I think he's been shite since his return from injury up until tonight but surprised by the comments in here, thought he had a pretty solid game.

Won the ball back for us on a number of occasions for us and made a few good defensive blocks/clearances.

Sloppy in possession for the first 15 after half time but so was everyone.

He's not a midfielder who controls games but that's not his role

2 minutes ago, fanaticCR said:

Can’t pass or shoot worth a fuck. Looks ok against teams that come full on and attack us because he makes a tackle every so often. 

Sign him up. 

He has looked average since coming back from injury but "horrendous" footballer? Hardly.

He made the tackle to create our first goal at the weekend fs. 

1 hour ago, ben51 said:

A solid CDM, but shouldn't be asked to play further forward. He was superb in front of the back 4 against Hearts. 

Arfield makes the midfield look better because they can rely on him carrying the ball and linking the attack. When he's not there we struggle. 

I hope Arfield is fit for Sunday.

Especially if we end up playing someone like Grezda up too. Need his energy running in behind.

1 hour ago, Jeffrey said:

Needs dropped, been dreadful for quite a while now.

A typical over reaction when results don't go our way. Yes he has been off the boil, but he was far from a liability. I have no problem with Rossiter starting on Sunday in his place but the guy has an engine about him that goes unnoticed because of a few stray passes tonight.

Just now, bluenoz said:

A typical over reaction when results don't go our way. Yes he has been off the boil, but he was far from a liability. I have no problem with Rossiter starting on Sunday in his place but the guy has an engine about him that goes unnoticed because of a few stray passes tonight.

It doesn't go unnoticed, running about isn't enough to justify a place in the team, especially when we are a team who are for the most part going to dominate possession.

21 minutes ago, Jeffrey said:

It doesn't go unnoticed, running about isn't enough to justify a place in the team, especially when we are a team who are for the most part going to dominate possession.

Mate, you told me tonight that Ejaria doesn't do enough and now Coulibaly. Who do you suggest is better in there? McCrorie? Halliday? Rossiter is ineligible and Dorrans is injured. I thought Jack's precision passing was excellent tonight but he was obviously tiring. These are the players we have and they are unbeaten in 11 European games which is a club record I think. These players are kinda good!! We were just a little of the boil at home tonight.

1 hour ago, Jeffrey said:

The irony of this is staggering. In what universe was he a CDM tonight?

To be fair once Jack went off...

Nah I agree in our starting eleven he was meant to be on the right what Ejaria was on the left. He was very poor in possession though. 

At the start of the season I was pointing him out to people as being a player but I've genuinely forgotten why.

6 minutes ago, siamthedanger said:

Not his best evening but Jack was worse tonight...zero urgency to his play amd gave the ball away so often. 

When Jack went off Coulibaly improved.

Jack was immense from 10 -45 min. ( started slowly ) Tapered off in second half.