Gerrard

Lloyd

Honeymoon period well and truly over (if it wasn't already over before tonight). Utter shambles waiting until we were 1 down before making a sub...and with only 10 minutes to go. 

It's not just tonight. It's practically every away game, and even some home games. Lack of penetration and scoring chances. That's where tactics come into it. He has to get our players playing balls into positions where they can shoot. He has to get the likes of Tav, Candeias, Ejaria and Flannigan working on their crossing. 

All the fancy talk, and cute come backs in the press conferences is great, but that doesn't win matches. 

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

the euro run can get to fuck as far as i am concerned. far too many of our players look like they want to play in europe and forget they have to turn it on domestically.

I am glad I am not the only one who thinks some of our players do not realise how important that game today was. Not good enough.

1 minute ago, eejay the dj said:

Leave the personal shite out slagging off our manager ffs

He said after game blame him he chose the team ect he is honest and learning we are all pissed off but his last words to me said it all. We are a massive club the players know this if they do not perform.

He is not stupid and knows the game his players fucked it but is willing to take it on the chin thats a real man imo.

He will learn and only get better imo.

In no way am I advocating he's a better option than Gerrard but heard a stat last week that, since Steve Clarke was appointed Kilmarnock manager, no one has won more points in the league than them, including the mhanks. You don't need lots of money to be very very competitive in Scotland but that today is just unacceptable and the whole team and coaching staff need to hang their heads in shame at letting the fans down yet again.  A winning mentality needs to be found and found quickly or, domestically, this season will be like the last two. We are a much better team than Aberdeen, Motherwell, Livingston, et al and time after time we're found wanting, it's just not good enough.  Yes it's still early doors but Gerrard knows you don't get time to fanny about at Rangers, more so when an absolutely shite Aberdeen team that had 2 shots at goal put us out a national cup semi final. 

Has a lot to learn but sacking him isn’t the solution. We aren’t going to attract a better manager, we’ve surely been through enough of them now for people to realise that? We can’t just keep ripping it up and starting again every six months. At some point we have to trust somebody and despite our flaws Gerrard is getting enough right to warrant time IMO.

1 minute ago, DBBTB said:

Has a lot to learn but sacking him isn’t the solution. We aren’t going to attract a better manager, we’ve surely been through enough of them now for people to realise that? We can’t just keep ripping it up and starting again every six months. At some point we have to trust somebody and despite our flaws Gerrard is getting enough right to warrant time IMO.

He won’t be going anywhere soon but his “big name” respect will drop fast if our stop start form doesn’t improve.

23 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Gerrard wasnt outdone by mccinnes, he was outdone by his team, aberdeen were shite, utter shite, mccinnes was lucky we had no striker

I agree, the lack of a striker was our downfall, we’d have strolled it with Morelos or Lafferty playing. But he had weeks to plan around that, and the solution he came up with was ridiculous.

14 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

I am glad I am not the only one who thinks some of our players do not realise how important that game today was. Not good enough.

It was important, but dispatching those cunts at hampden should be bread and butter for a decent Rangers side. Shouldn’t require us to up our game, just turn up and beat them. They’re shit.

6 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Absolutley no point talking about sacking but I think the cult feel to him has to end now there's been too many issues with the away form and now this 

He obviously commands respect as a footballing man in a way our recent managers haven't but as our manager he still has everything to prove

7 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Anyone who thinks sacking SG really will bring us trophies . Need to get a grip . It's raw but he is the man for the job .

He will have to realise we are still very limited though

21 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

Every game is important. If you are professional football player then you go and play to win every game. You cant choose. This also has to be for the captain to let the players know they have to fight to win every game too but for me I do not think Tavernier is a leader of the team. Take the captain armband off him and give it to a leader and tell him to go practice crosses because I not see a more frustrating player than him for crosses.

6 minutes ago, Ger_onimo said:

It was important, but dispatching those cunts at hampden should be bread and butter for a decent Rangers side. Shouldn’t require us to up our game, just turn up and beat them. They’re shit.

I agree they (sheep) were poor but I just felt at times our players were not showing the desire needed to win this game. 

He's going to have to sort out our away form if he wants to succeed because it stinks . The lack of real scoring opportunities in all our league games away from home is truly shocking if you ever count them . 

2 minutes ago, denya said:

Every game is important. If you are professional football player then you go and play to win every game. You cant choose. This also has to be for the captain to let the players know they have to fight to win every game too but for me I do not think Tavernier is a leader of the team. Take the captain armband off him and give it to a leader and tell him to go practice crosses because I not see a more frustrating player than him for crosses.

I agree with every word mate. :thumbup:

3 minutes ago, denya said:

We have needed a sore faced narky moanin bastard for a captain for years and i dont see it in any of this squad either.......

Archived