Gerrard

Lloyd

I'm really gutted by that but learned a few things today. 

1) We remain a far better side than aberdeen. 

2) We were woefully exposed up front and this odd Sadiq experiment should not continue. Clearly unusual circumstances to have Morelos and Lafferty out but how can Rangers lack any depth in such a key position. For me we either have Ryan Hardie around the first team competing for a place or sell him if he isn't up to it. He's been kicking around for far too long. Sadiq just needs to go. He is nowhere near the standard required to play for us.  

3) Our attitude and composure at times remains poor - a chance to get us into a cup final and at times you wouldn't know. We need to learn that just because it isn't Rapid Vienna or someone we still need to see teams off domestically. 

4) Gerrard needs to learn fast to make changes - so many times this season he hasn't done it. He needs to be braver and haul people off - not selecting Middleton today was a real error for me. He's just signed a contract and would have been desperate to get on. On paper I can understand Gerrard's thinking that better to play a recognised striker however with the total absence of Sadie this season its clear he is barely a recognised footballer - someone else should have played.   

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Still nowhere near good enough, be a battle for second spot again this season!

We lost the league by 12 points last season. You’re seriously trying to claim this team aren’t good enough to pick up at least half the points we lost last season in the other 12 games out with the OF games? Talk shite

8 minutes ago, dee9 said:

I'm not actually of the opinion it's a gerrard problem tbh.

I don't think I have seen a side get into so many clear opportunities and positions and do fuck all with the ball.

The lack of a striker was clearly the biggest issue, and nobody’s fault. Sadiq playing the full 90, however, was entirely Gerrard’s fault, and cost us the game.

Just now, PSL said:

Sore one to take. The struggle continues as we sit 5th in the league and now all we have is the scottish cup.

If it wasn't for Europe Gerrard would be under immense pressure

It may not be immense. But today’s result puts him under pressure 

6 minutes ago, jjbscotty12 said:

His lack of subs if truly baffling and its in every fucking game.  

It’s probably the most frustrating thing, that’s 3 games in a row now where changes could have been made. 

Arfield and Middleton on at 65 mins rather than waiting to react to going a goal down. It was clear we were lacking in attack, needed Middleton driving at them far earlier.

22 minutes ago, AlCapone said:

Cause Morelos got a daft booking 

Aye blame a guy who didn’t play tonight. For a booking that was a shite decision in the first place in a game he probably shouldn’t have played anyway.

1 minute ago, Rangers_no1 said:

When did you turn into a head in the sand wee clown?

Did you even watch this today against a poor Aberdeen side? What about Motherwell? Or against the scum? Livi away as well. Our domestic start has been poor, anybody claiming otherwise talks utter garbage.

I never claimed otherwise, it has been a poor start. A poor start with a long season to go with a much better team and with money to spend in January. Battle for second place? Talk complete pish

9 minutes ago, andy17 said:

the manager made some mistakes today. no doubt about that. but anyone who thinsks our starting 11 shoudlnt have beat theirs is clueless. tonight the blame should be on the players, gaffer made mistakes with the subs, but regardless of that, those players shoulve won that game comfortably

But it is all connected, our final ball into the box all game was hellish and it is up to Stevie to see that and try and get more from the players after half time or make subs to rectify that. Candieas especially was shocking with his final ball. 

2 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Can see that big fucking eejit Sadiq on a plane back to Rome tonight judging by Gerrard's comments there. 

Hes right but he needs to have a right good look at his own performances before he slates anybody........

1 minute ago, Bears r us said:

But it is all connected, our final ball into the box all game was hellish and it is up to Stevie to see that and try and get more from the players after half time or make subs to rectify that. Candieas especially was shocking with his final ball. 

Can't lift the ball over the first man 80 times out of 100

27 minutes ago, Muz333 said:

If we weren’t in Europe this season Gerrard would be under immense pressure. 5th in the league and yet another chance for silverware ruined.

Liverpudlian Le Guen. I also think we are going to struggle in Europa - 2 difficult away games and a home game against a high scoring Villarreal.

Archived