Amoruso

Vision

46 minutes ago, Vision said:

Great interview and his passion for the club is still very evident.

“This is a club with millions and millions of supporters all over the world. How can a club like that be relegated? I had a real problem trying to understand that and I don’t want to go into it because, in my opinion, something was very wrong about what happened.

Might be wrong here but I think he means the way we were treated and wish he had elaborated on this.

5 minutes ago, WATP-FOREVER said:

Read the interview yesterday, very good. A brilliant, elegant CB he was. 

Except against Monaco when he was a dobber. Gave us some great memories right enough. Goals against them, Cup Final winning goals in his last appearance, and chasing a lost cause ball down to the bye line, getting to it and crossing it infor Shota or someone to score in the helicopter Sunday game against Dunfermline.

Can’t argue with what he’s saying in the article either.

His mistakes always came from being a cocky big cunt, striding forward like he owned the joint. As for defending though, he was top class. Ranks up with the likes of Gough, Butcher, Moore, Cuellar and Bougherra as one of the best of the last 40 years.

4 hours ago, murzo said:

Except against Monaco when he was a dobber. Gave us some great memories right enough. Goals against them, Cup Final winning goals in his last appearance, and chasing a lost cause ball down to the bye line, getting to it and crossing it infor Shota or someone to score in the helicopter Sunday game against Dunfermline.

Can’t argue with what he’s saying in the article either.

He made the error practically on the half way line . Plenty of time to defend the eventual goal that put us out .

Made up for it in spades . And some more

Someone at the time described him as 'vainglorious' which was spot on.

From his Italian cookery book and the moody photo shoots to rumours (fuelled by Advocaat "have you seen him!" ) of being hung like a horse - to having sutton in his pocket and the free kicks which either took the net off or killed someone in row Z. Legend.

4 hours ago, Inigo said:

His mistakes always came from veinh,a cocky big cunt, striding forward like he owned tge joint. As for defending though, he was top class. Ranks up with the likes of Gough, Butcher, Moore, Cuellar and Bougherra as one of the best of the last 40 years.

Along with Gough and Butcher , IMO Amoruso was a notch above the rest of our centre backs since the Souness /Holmes revolution . Moore and Alan McLaren  just slightly behind . 

As @eejay the dj said above , the man was a winner and we've been sadly lacking in that department in recent times .

17 minutes ago, Fred H Crawford said:

Along with Gough and Butcher , IMO Amoruso was a notch above the rest of our centre backs since the Souness /Holmes revolution . Moore and Alan McLaren  just slightly behind . 

As @eejay the dj said above , the man was a winner and we've been sadly lacking in that department in recent times .

For me Gough and Butcher were top, then Amo and Moore not far behind, then the others mentioned.

4 minutes ago, Inigo said:

For me Gough and Butcher were top, then Amo and Moore not far behind, then the others mentioned.

TBF , It's a close call between all of those mentioned . Brown and Roberts not even spoken about either , both of them top class for a period of their Ibrox careers . Just posting this makes me think how fortunate we've been at various points of the last 32 years ( Fuck sake , typing that makes me feel old ) We were also well served , although briefly , at differing points by the likes of Berg , Boumsong and Frank De Boer ! 

6 hours ago, Inigo said:

His mistakes always came from veinh,a cocky big cunt, striding forward like he owned tge joint. As for defending though, he was top class. Ranks up with the likes of Gough, Butcher, Moore, Cuellar and Bougherra as one of the best of the last 40 years.

AND a leader on and off the park, great player, great captain