Amoruso

Vision

12 hours ago, Paulbrian11 said:

One of only 4 Rangers players I’ve heard being booed by their own fans.  Shameful.  

Big Amo was a rock for us at times, a terrific siege defender.  He made some mistakes but all players do, although a few of his were in high profile games.  

I’ve heard a few get the treatment but never Amo more aw fuck when he thought he was Gazza on his runs from the back which sometimes worked.

The big man was loved in my experience as like a say his mental runs up the park😂

45 minutes ago, Blue Nosed Babe said:

I am sure he was captain and did a huddle against them at either hampden or their dump.

Correct 

Porkheed 1999 He was captain. He also nearly got attacked by a few taigs in the final that year against them  because he mocked their huddle

some guy

2 hours ago, Band of Brothers said:

I’ve heard a few get the treatment but never Amo more aw fuck when he thought he was Gazza on his runs from the back which sometimes worked.

The big man was loved in my experience as like a say his mental runs up the park😂

He had by far the worst booing I've ever heard from Rangers fans towards a Rangers player on the Monaco night. 

I only really remember two players being booed, as opposed to shouted at. Amo and Letizi. It was disgusting.

On 25/11/2018 at 12:25, eejay the dj said:

What defender doesn't

Big Amo was a colossus as a central defender and captain for Rangers Fc

It really irks me when people don't appreciate this . After all the dross this club has seen over the last 7 years and so

The man would rag doll Mutton and Fartson, and many times kept a very decent scum team at bay

Trebles and Doubles were won with this guy has our leader .

He was a WINNER and most of all . A big time player for Rangers .

Over the years I'm sure the beggar media, will probably twist many younger bears minds on Big Amo because of his ego .

He will always be a legend in my eyes

Dreadful

9 hours ago, Inigo said:

He had by far the worst booing I've ever heard from Rangers fans towards a Rangers player on the Monaco night. 

I only really remember two players being booed, as opposed to shouted at. Amo and Letizi. It was disgusting.

I heard Konterman and McCulloch getting it also.

37 minutes ago, Paulbrian11 said:

I heard Konterman and McCulloch getting it also.

I also remember the Scottish cup tie against Dundee when most of the support seemed to join in with the chant of " Ally , Ally , Get tae Fuck "  Never edifying to hear the Rangers support turn so publicly on one of our own players .

17 minutes ago, Fred H Crawford said:

I also remember the Scottish cup tie against Dundee when most of the support seemed to join in with the chant of " Ally , Ally , Get tae Fuck "  Never edifying to hear the Rangers support turn so publicly on one of our own players .

Before my time, that one.

3 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Before my time, that one.

Early in Ally's career at Ibrox mate , but something he always remembered being on the end of . Credit where it's due , he didn't half answer his critics back in subsequent years , although he was still capable of missing his fair share chances .

Turned out to be great player,, but holy fuck that first season and some of the blunders he did,,, was always terrified when he got the ball that he was going to pass back to another attacker and let him in,, did it a couple of times.  Once he got over it and got his confidence tho it was night n day.  But those early days,, i was a new RAF recruit at my first unit and kept fucking up,  getting caught out drinking it up and such when i was supposed to be in training,,, earned me the nickname from a Scottish JNCO as LAC amoruso lol.

13 minutes ago, Fred H Crawford said:

Early in Ally's career at Ibrox mate , but something he always remembered being on the end of . Credit where it's due , he didn't half answer his critics back in subsequent years , although he was still capable of missing his fair share chances .

It never ever got him down as he knew another chance would be along sooner than later, Ally had a great attitude for a goal scorer 

Just now, piperpete said:

It never ever got him down as he knew another chance would be along sooner than later, Ally had a great attitude for a goal scorer 

Unbelievable mate , miss 2 or 3 gilt edge chances then score a tap in after Cooper , Walters etc had put it on a plate , then off celebrating like he had just scored a world cup winner 😂  

1 hour ago, Fred H Crawford said:

Unbelievable mate , miss 2 or 3 gilt edge chances then score a tap in after Cooper , Walters etc had put it on a plate , then off celebrating like he had just scored a world cup winner 😂  

The hardest thing in football is being in the right place to tap it in the net, you can’t teach that that is instinct 

On 25/11/2018 at 19:16, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

That handball in Parma was lunacy, remember the game kicked off at 1:30pm - so uni was ditched that day, was furious after that game.

Was there ever an answer for that one? It wasn't a handball as such, he fucking caught it. Just remember him saying he lost the plot in all the excitement.

And the mafia had his wife and weans in a cellar as well.