Post Dundee Gerrard and Rossiter

RDB14

Just now, born a blue nose said:

The lack of shots from outside the area annoys me a bit, has done for a few years now. You'd think Gerrard of all people would encourage players to have a pop. At the end when ejaria was at the edge of the area, tried a daft turn n got lost was particularly frustrating. 

I honestly think we are still missing a few pieces of the jigsaw.  We need a Lampard/Gerrard/Scholes type player... Obviously not as good but in that mould.  Maybe Gerrard should just get the boots on, he is still younger than Kenny Miller!

I think we need another good striker and Arfield playing too.  I don't personally think Jack is good enough for Rangers either.

Just now, RDB14 said:

I honestly think we are still missing a few pieces of the jigsaw.  We need a Lampard/Gerrard/Scholes type player... Obviously not as good but in that mould.  Maybe Gerrard should just get the boots on, he is still younger than Kenny Miller!

I think we need another good striker and Arfield playing too.  I don't personally think Jack is good enough for Rangers either.

Aye were crying out for someone in that mould. 

A wish ye could cut Barisic's left foot off n stick it on Arfield lol

2 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

I heard his utter pish about only a few he can trust.

Wonder if his golden boys Flanagan and Ejaria are two of them.

Where did he say that?  I think that will be referring to Morelos, Kent, Goldson, McGregor from a performance standpoint.  He doesn't trust Ejaria or Flanagan that much, they weren't even on the pitch most the game.

3 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

I heard his utter pish about only a few he can trust.

Wonder if his golden boys Flanagan and Ejaria are two of them.

I find it ever so slightly worrying that bit about players he trusts.

I know he's said Halliday in the past is a player he trusts 100% so he'll be playing.

Just now, born a blue nose said:

Aye were crying out for someone in that mould. 

A wish ye could cut Barisic's left foot off n stick it on Arfield lol

I know it won't happen but if Kenny Miller can still hack this level at 39 then Gerrard can at 38!  Crazy thinking back to GVB and Albertz fighting for the one spot now with Reyna and Ferguson floating about too.

Hopefully he can get someone in January.  Honestly don't think Gerrard is the problem here, he's just taking the brunt of the players shortcomings.  I think he will have big enough shoulders to handle it and come good in the long term after a couple more windows.

5 minutes ago, RDB14 said:

Where did he say that?  I think that will be referring to Morelos, Kent, Goldson, McGregor from a performance standpoint.  He doesn't trust Ejaria or Flanagan that much, they weren't even on the pitch most the game.

Every big game they play.

If he’s having a go at players who came in today then who does he mean with the players he can trust?

11 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

The lack of shots from outside the area annoys me a bit, has done for a few years now. You'd think Gerrard of all people would encourage players to have a pop. At the end when ejaria was at the edge of the area, tried a daft turn n got lost was particularly frustrating. 

Actually mate if you watch it again he sends the entire Dundee defence the wrong way with the first drop of the shoulder and at that point he should have played the reverse pass into the box for Barisic who would have been through on goal

Just now, Getstiffed said:

Actually mate if you watch it again he sends the entire Dundee defence the wrong way with the first drop of the shoulder and at that point he should have played the reverse pass into the box for Barisic who would have been through on goal

Tbh anything other than what he actually done would have been better :lol:

I maybe expect shots more cause I'm fixating on it rather than see a better ball so I'll assume you're probably right mate

How old is big Albertz these days lol

2 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Every big game they play.

If he’s having a go at players who came in today then who does he mean with the players he can trust?

Seen it now.  I think he's more talking about who he can't trust.  Most likely referring to those who have come in since the Hearts game.  Jack, Rossiter, Grezda have all been shit for me..  I'd expect Arfield is now an absolute nailed on first 11 every big game if he wasn't already.  Grezda I'm not expecting too much this year, i think he will be better prepared next season even if it doesnt help us right now.

Just now, bluenoz said:

For me, the midfield going forward is Jack, Arfield & Rossiter. But for Stevie G, its Arfield, Coulibaly & Ejaria

Jack is fucking awful going forward and we don't need a full on defensive mid domestically.  Jack and Rossiter were on the pitch today and created zero going forward.  It's one or the other and for me it's neither.

Coulibaly, Ejaria, Arfield for me.  The first 2 aren't playing great but at least they will chip in with a goal from time to time.

Jack is as one-paced and one-dimensional player as you will ever see. Can't shoot, has no physical presence or authority - yet because he has 1 decent game in 5 (in the easiest position in any team) he is captain material. I wouldn't build a junior team around him never mind Rangers.

2 minutes ago, RDB14 said:

Jack is fucking awful going forward and we don't need a full on defensive mid domestically.  Jack and Rossiter were on the pitch today and created zero going forward.  It's one or the other and for me it's neither.

Coulibaly, Ejaria, Arfield for me.  The first 2 aren't playing great but at least they will chip in with a goal from time to time.

Jack is very defensive. All good teams have one in today's game. It started with the likes of Makalele & Mascherano. Obviously Jack is a poor mans version of those two but I think he is decent in that role. People see Rossitter as defensive because he likes a tackle. I think he is very direct in his play. As for your last sentence......... no they don't. ( rarely )

36 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

With a packed defence have a dig, there’s always a chance you’ll get a deflection or the keeper will spill it

15 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Jack is very defensive. All good teams have one in today's game. It started with the likes of Makalele & Mascherano. Obviously Jack is a poor mans version of those two but I think he is decent in that role. People see Rossitter as defensive because he likes a tackle. I think he is very direct in his play. As for your last sentence......... no they don't. ( rarely )

Jack is shit.  I know his personality well and I know the way he plays well.  He is simply not good enough and mentioning him and Makelele in the same breath makes me think you're taking the piss.  Regardless, we don't need this type of player in 90% of our fixtures.

5 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

Yes indeed. :thumbup:

I just wonder who they are since we have had a good number playing over the two games and I have not seen anyone outstanding over the two games ?? 

Only Tav tried to force the issue. Majority of team hide and play safe passes. When the chips are down you find out who the real men are....We don't have many unfortunately!

1 minute ago, RDB14 said:

Jack is shit.  I know his personality well and I know the way he plays well.  He is simply not good enough and mentioning him and Makelele in the same breath makes me think you're taking the piss.  Regardless, we don't need this type of player in 90% of our fixtures.

This time, I will actually agree with your last sentence.