Honest interview from the manager

KingKirk

9 minutes ago, theblueoysterbar said:

Spot on, if he wasn't frustrated I'd have a problem with him.

Can’t see why that’s hard to comprehend to be honest. He knows the challenge ahead, he knows the demands the support place on him and wants help from above. Fair play to him calling it out I’d say 

4 minutes ago, 1690tamRFC said:

When I first moved back to Scotland 8 years ago I ended up working with west Dumbartonshire council as a joiner briefly, there was 2 cunts on long term sick because they were on full time contracts and were off on alcohol related issues but had a duty of care to look after them. Crazy mate one was found mangled in the back of his van during work hours after downing a litre of vodka ffs. How that doesn’t warrant immediate dismissal is beyond me. 

A while ago I had a guy working with me who liked a drink. Who doesn't.

Got in the way of him turning up on time in the morning and shit though. Said to him, "Mate we're all drinkers in here, but we cut it off at midnight or one and are in here early... you need to do that too."

He couldn't cut it off and left. No disciplinaries, no papers. He just kind of accepted it.

2 minutes ago, theblueoysterbar said:

Got in the way of him turning up on time in the morning and shit though. Said to him, "Mate we're all drinkers in here, but we cut it off at midnight or one and are in here early... you need to do that too."

He couldn't cut it off and left. No disciplinaries, no papers. He just kind of accepted it.

Used to be there myself, and mangled the now, have been since Wednesday as I’ve been in Vienna. Won’t be drinking the morra though as I’m out the door at 530 Monday morning driving, as I’m back fitting windows again now. When I worked I’n London and was single I just used public transport for work as a guy dropped all our materials and tools off at site as parking in the city centre was not an option, I can admit I was drinking far too much and often a few pints at lunchtime, no way to carry on but that was reality for about ten years. Screwed the nut a bit now though and Saturday is my drinking day, rest of the week I can’t go there as my livelihood depends on my license 

22 minutes ago, theblueoysterbar said:

Wonder what happened to the guy that left, as a guy that’s always been a pub sort of person and of that there are many, it’s unusual for a guy just to go without getting told to as most of us heavy drinkers don’t like to admit there’s an issue lol. 

Took me a lot of heartache from family and losing close friends to admit it and sometimes I still doubt it won’t rear its head again. Not something I’m proud of but as of now I can deal with it, but no doubt I’m my early twenties to late thirties I was a functioning alcoholic. 

I realise that now but fucked if I would admit it then ha ha. 

8 minutes ago, 1690tamRFC said:

Wonder what happened to the guy that left, as a guy that’s always been a pub sort of person and of that there are many, it’s unusual for a guy just to go without getting told to as most of us heavy drinkers don’t like to admit there’s an issue lol. 

Took me a lot of heartache from family and losing close friends to admit it and sometimes I still doubt it won’t rear its head again. Not something I’m proud of but as of now I can deal with it, but no doubt I’m my early twenties to late thirties I was a functioning alcoholic. 

I realise that now but fucked if I would admit it then ha ha. 

He ended up homeless, he was living in some house in Bearsden that East Dunbartonshire Council had for homeless people.

He came in, told me where he was and asked if he could have his job back. 

I said, "Of course mate, come in on Monday at 7." He came in on Monday at 7 but didn't make Tuesday.

Would like to think I did all I could for the guy, but maybe I didn't.

4 minutes ago, theblueoysterbar said:

He ended up homeless, he was living in some house in Bearsden that East Dunbartonshire Council had for homeless people.

I said, "Of course mate, come in on Monday at 7." He came in on Monday at 7 but didn't make Tuesday.

Mate you did, never doubt it. You gave him a chance and he didn’t take it, harsh as real life is that’s on him not you. 

My wife has worked in homelessness for 18 years mate, some stories would break your heart, other cunts are just chancers running the system, I don’t envy her her job for any money. 

Few years back she took a two year secondment with Glasgow’s helping hero’s, fucking loved it as she’s got mental health and addiction training but loved the fact she was helping our veterans but council cut her funding after the two years were up, SAFA was devastated as she made a huge difference to their team but couldn’t match her wage or conditions so she had to go back to GCC. Don’t get me wrong her new position has seen her fly through the ranks so it’s good on a personal level but she was in her element helping people who really deserved it 

4 minutes ago, theblueoysterbar said:

3 hours ago, 1690tamRFC said:

Used to be there myself, and mangled the now, have been since Wednesday as I’ve been in Vienna. Won’t be drinking the morra though as I’m out the door at 530 Monday morning driving, as I’m back fitting windows again now. When I worked I’n London and was single I just used public transport for work as a guy dropped all our materials and tools off at site as parking in the city centre was not an option, I can admit I was drinking far too much and often a few pints at lunchtime, no way to carry on but that was reality for about ten years. Screwed the nut a bit now though and Saturday is my drinking day, rest of the week I can’t go there as my livelihood depends on my license 

Parking in London anywhere is a mare, but if you are carrying tools and materials there is no other option, parking for the day ( not to mention the drama of having to move your motor every 2 hours trying to find a new sometimes non existent space) diesel to get there and congestion could  cost 50-60 quid a day, then the bus lane yellow box shit gets you from time to time as well, we have one in Greenwich and another in Islington where the clients arrange parking permits for us and the van can be left in a residents bay with no tickets issued, we are getting more and more over Essex way which helps with no parking issues but the m25 and Dartford Bridge/Tunnel then come into play which came fuck me up on a regular basis.

We can earn decent money but is it worth all the grief? probably not.

5 hours ago, Vanoli said:

It’s total bullshit that we’ve only spent £5m, and it’s massively concerning that the manager is starting to spout this pish.

5 hours ago, Vanoli said:

Just noticed it’s net spend. Nonetheless, no chance it’s a coincidence that he’s started layering this in the last week, the first real negative spell where questions of him are being asked. It’s still a concern in my eyes. 

What was total bullshit was your comprehension of what he said. At least you got there in the end after it was pointed out to you.

Hate it when managers layer the truth, especially about transfer budgets etc just before a window opens. Maybe he should have refused to comment then folk could have a go at him for not telling us the truth 👍

6 hours ago, roboscot said:

With all the organised crime bosses involved at investor level, surely one of them has a mate in Mexico that could arrange a couple of unfortunate "accidents".

Not one for normally pulling people for out of order comments but FFS, Given what happened with Peralta, its not exactly what we're after.

47 minutes ago, mclovin9091 said:

Not one for normally pulling people for out of order comments but FFS, Given what happened with Peralta, its not exactly what we're after.

With all due respect, Peralta had been released for being shite (he failed to get a contract in Kazakhstan after he left) and wasn't costing us a small fortune in wages to be a fucking waster.

We'd have a wee display, black armbands, minutes silence, coupla new signings before the window closes at the end of Jan, what's not to like?

Gerrard trying to divert the blame for his own shortcomings , he knew the budget at the start and about Pena and herrera, why say it now? Cause he's under pressure, what about the money he wasted on people like Flanagan,Lafferty grezda, plus the wages we are paying ejaria, Sadiq,worral, coulibally and a 39'year old,, that's 8 players you've wasted money on ffs. Out of all the signings 15 was it? He made maybe 2 are good enough goldson and barasic that's  a terrible return in anybody's language. out of our next 3 games there's no fkn chance we will get 9 points. 

Very interesting read. Actually made me reassess my own thoughts to some extent.

If you look at what he's actually had to work with in a short space of time then he's performing pretty well so far. Certainly his signings for the cash spent are - for the most part - good value.

Unfortunately, although good value, they are still (mostly) very average players and not good enough to build a team to challenge the scum. Dave hopefully understands that you get what you pay for and will spend accordingly.

“The facts are that, net, we
probably spent around £4.5 -£5.5m.

“I’m not sure you can do magical and wonderful things in one
 window with that.

That bit annoyed me tbh. You can spend 5million net and still buy 90 million quid worth of players. So a net spend of 4 or 5 million is deceiving. 

Again like any other manager before him he spent the money so it's his team and the blame or glory lies at his door. 

He bought a Croatian u21 defender who looked a fanstastic signing and then the boy finds himself out the team. He replaced him with worral who now seems to rotate with McCauley as goldsons partner. 

This will take three or four windows to fox however it is possible that one superb summer window is enough. We just need to identify the correct players and recruit well. 

He's got to stop rotating the spine of the team. It's as simple as that. Partnerships form over time and rotating them every week doesn't do anyone any good