Applaud them not abuse them

Dickie

I’ve been follow following since the early 70s, including the John Greig years. As a young man I did far worse than the laddies are doing at the moment. However, that doesn’t make all their actions ok. I still think coming on the park should be avoided unless it’s a massive game for us and then I could see the strength of it. I unfortunately can’t go to the games now, but I do realise that these young lads are the future of the support. I also applaud them for their singing throughout the games and making the atmosphere better at Ibrox than it would be without them. I sometimes have a wee moan about them with the flares and pitch invasions, and probably still will. There’s no doubt though, that they are spending their money following us everywhere and genuinely love the Rangers. So for that boys and girls, I salute you. 

30 minutes ago, harlands plater said:

30 inch flares facilitated four cans inside each leg, inserted like shin guards into football socks, kept above the ankles by desert boots, and a bottle of Pomagne tucked in the waistband.

Like an army of tin men walking up to the turnstiles, the polis kidding on they didnt notice.

Aah ... Pomagne - the perfect bottles for hiding in your “skinners”

1 hour ago, Blueshoff said:

#MeToo 

Any chance of a compo claim? 😁

Metoo.
My compo is ,I still get to see the Rangers.
Also felt Ham n Egg was unlucky,as he had a great team,and always felt the only person he never replaced in his team was a player like himself.

31 minutes ago, scottyscott1963 said:

Metoo.
My compo is ,I still get to see the Rangers.
Also felt Ham n Egg was unlucky,as he had a great team,and always felt the only person he never replaced in his team was a player like himself

He would have won the treble if the players hadn’t bottled that game against ten tarriers at the piggery. He also put Juventus and PSV out the European Cup that season. I feel as more of his contemporaries left he struggled to replace them with players of the same character, himself included as you say, and each season it got worse.

On 30/01/2019 at 16:23, Dickie said:

I started going to Rangers games in the early sixties unfortunately just in time for the scum from the east end to start dominating Scottish football (they also did well in Europe but you will not hear them mentioning it). I also suffered during the John Greig(manager) years and still went when our crowds fell to sometimes as low as 4 figures. I of course also had the jock Wallace,souness and watty years then came the ebt shite and demotion to the bottom of the league and I did actually think that we were fucked and would never recover but as everyone agrees the one constant in the last half a dozen or so years has been the amazing fans,we have filled every ground in the country and smashed all sorts of records attendance wise. Meanwhile at the paedodome as the scum hoovered up trophy after trophy unhindered their attendances unbelievably dropped to such an extent that they resorted to closing parts of the ground. I realise most on here will have stopped reading by now but my point is about fans having a go at the young supporters ie. the union bears and the ones who have now taken up running on to the park to celebrate,I find it mind blowing the sheer number of young fans that are now actually attending our matches when you think of all the crap we have been through and the fact we have won fuck all for years and a huge amount these kids have never seen Rangers lifting a trophy. So just think back to your early years as a supporter and give the kids a break,they might be a pain in the arse at times with their flares ect but their outstanding support for the club cannot be questioned.

Superbly put!

You have to remember that some of the youngsters going now will never have seen Rangers winning the league as actual match-going supporters!

1 hour ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

no fucking safe-spaces or snowflakes back in them days - wonder how many of these guys were LGBTQ?? 🙂 

Quite a few in the other end...they just kept VERY quiet about it. For decades.